• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character did you first ever main?

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
My first character was Lucas because none of my friends or me ever shielded and his up smash killed at about 60 percent and his pk thunder was godlike for casuals.

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
:sonic:Well for brawl I didn't really main anyone until I unlocked Sonic.

:4littlemac:Lil Mac 3DS

:4pikachu:Pika for Wii U.

My main now for Brawl, 3DS, and Wii U is Sonic.

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
:kirbymelee: In Melee (don't make fun of me I was 6 years old)

I still play Kirby in S4 as a dual main with Pikachu

JWai

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNTrainerJBA
3DS FC
2079-9197-0430
My first Smash game was 64, and I only played :pikachu64:. The first character I ever used in Smash, so I have a lot of nostalgia for him. I play :pikachu2::4pikachu:even now (not mained though). For Brawl, when I first played it I was a huge Sonic fanboy. So naturally I chose :sonic:. I don't main him anymore (or play him at all in Brawl). Sm4sh, I was a hormonal 17 year old, so I played :4zss: because she's hot.

Competitive wise though, my 64 main is :pikachu64: (no one else), my first Brawl main was :metaknight: (disgusting right?), and for Sm4sh it was :4tlink:.

Now I main :marth:in Brawl and :4corrinf: in Sm4sh.
:4zss: is still one of my favorites to play, and she's hot.

I don't main the last two anymore. :urg:

Last edited:

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
My first Smash game was Brawl, so from memory, my first mains were...
:falcon::kirby2::yoshi2:
I don't know exactly which one I preferred the most, so I just picked ones I remembered I played the most.
Also, it's pretty close to my current Brawl mains, except Yoshi is swapped for Mario

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
First character I ever chose was my man Kirby. And I have stuck with him ever since.

Though, ironically, I have yet to play his games. I never have enough money these days that I rely on outside sources like my parents to buy me games, and persuading them is very rare. "Spend some time outside" indeed.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I started with :4yoshi: in Smash 4.

After a year and a half of indecisiveness, I now co-main :4drmario: and :4larry:.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think my first main was Link in Smash 64. I was obsessed with Ocarina of Time in 1999.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
When i was playing brawl when i was younger i played everyone. Then i heard competitive smash is a thing. So i went with :luigi2:
but could not even beat a bot so i went with :falco: and could barely beat a bot. Then when smash 4 came i heard Falco sucked now so i tryed :4marth:, but SSB4 Marth is probably not the best to start on.. So i played :4mewtwo: who is also probably not another good choice but i did it because i love Mewtwo. Then i failed so then i played and stuck with :4mario: and i am loving it! Also mah boy :4pikachu: is pretty swag.

EDIT: Like a month after i posted this i have completely Abandoned Pika and only use Mario for fun.
Lol

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The first game I ever played was Melee, and I played as Mario, Dr. Mario, and Pikachu at first. Then Brawl came out and I didn't play Melee for many years. With Brawl, I started with Sonic, but then quickly switched to Mario and Falco. Then I went on a smash bros. hiatus until college, when I started playing Brawl again as Fox. Smash 4 came out, and I migrated back to Mario once again, but with Wario, Mewtwo, Sonic, and Robin being my other current characters. I also recently started playing Melee again, and I'm using Mario as my main, but I will also play as Falco or Fox for a counterpick.

So, my overarching main is :4mario:, with :4fox:being next in line for most used/used the longest.

Last edited:

Dawn111

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-9069-5382
I first mained :4zss: back when I was playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Flash. She's one of my secondaries now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Luigi was my first main in every Smash game, as he is my favorite video game character of all-time.
In Smash 4, I've been playing different characters. I still have Luigi in my pocket, but I've moved on to Cloud and Corrin.

Last edited by a moderator:

flamer180

Banned via Administration
Fox for 64. Fox for melee.

Ike for Brawl. Ike for Smash 4.

I enjoy playing as him more than a majority of the cast.

Hence, I main him.
another yoshi user huh? ;D

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
64 :link64: Cause Im a huge Zelda nerd

Melee :younglinkmelee: same as above

Brawl :lucario: cause I was super excited for him

Smash 4 :4robinm: Same as above

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
In Smash 64 I played Link most of the time, but I only did Single Player because I emulated the game. In Smash 4 my first main was Sheik, because she reminded me of how nice she played in Brawl+.

L'Raychel

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrazyMisterLuigi
Despite what I put over to the left, I'm actually an all-:4luigi: main. Still, I've been through a good range of characters, haha.
I started with :mario64: in Smash 64. Melee, I immediately picked up :drmario::luigimelee::ganondorfmelee: all at relatively the same time. Brawl, oddly enough, :lucas: was my choice for a while before. And in Sm4sh, I got to play the E3 demos and first used :4bowser: (although I used :4luigi: in the 3DS demo, because he was available in that one).

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link: my favorite character since the beginning :link:.

Back when I was a kid who barely knew how to use Spin Attack, I thought he was just the coolest thing ever. Coming straight from Ocarina of Time, my thoughts were on what he would be like. Obviously I fell in love with how he played but I did have a few quarrels with him:

Hylian Shield was made of cardboard?
Crouch Stab isn't his Down Tilt? (seriously, missed opportunity Sakurai)
Why is adult Link using the Boomerang? (OoT fan, come at me)

When Melee came out, I loved that he finally got to use the Bow. I had actually learned about Hylian Shield's new mechanic because it tanked Samus's Charge Shot once by complete accident; I was speechless, and my 6 year old friend rage quit. Good times!

By the time Brawl came out, I wasn't thinking about what it was like compared to Melee because it had been so long since I had played Smash. I still had lots of fun playing it and I remember loving that Spin Attack could be charged. Of course I eventually realized Link was overall worse as a fighter, but I never cared.

Sm4sh came out when me and my friends were still in our Smash phase. We loved a lot of the new characters, but as time went, they realized they actually had to fight instead of just abusing the overly safe options that Brawl had. Link being so much better in this game, I slowly but surely adapted until I was pretty much the only one of us netting wins. They got tired of it and have not played any kind of Smash iteration since. That is the primary reason why I have joined Smashboards, because I can talk about Smash on here without someone telling me to stop talking about it because they don't want to hear about it anymore.

flamer180

:link64::linkmelee::link2::4link: my favorite character since the beginning :link:.

Back when I was a kid who barely knew how to use Spin Attack, I thought he was just the coolest thing ever. Coming straight from Ocarina of Time, my thoughts were on what he would be like. Obviously I fell in love with how he played but I did have a few quarrels with him:

When Melee came out, I loved that he finally got to use the Bow. I had actually learned about Hylian Shield's new mechanic because it tanked Samus's Charge Shot once by complete accident; I was speechless, and my 6 year old friend rage quit. Good times!

By the time Brawl came out, I wasn't thinking about what it was like compared to Melee because it had been so long since I had played Smash. I still had lots of fun playing it and I remember loving that Spin Attack could be charged. Of course I eventually realized Link was overall worse as a fighter, but I never cared.

Sm4sh came out when me and my friends were still in our Smash phase. We loved a lot of the new characters, but as time went, they realized they actually had to fight instead of just abusing the overly safe options that Brawl had. Link being so much better in this game, I slowly but surely adapted until I was pretty much the only one of us netting wins. They got tired of it and have not played any kind of Smash iteration since. That is the primary reason why I have joined Smashboards, because I can talk about Smash on here without someone telling me to stop talking about it because they don't want to hear about it anymore.
toon link is cool. regular link is too fat and slow for me XD

flamer180

So play :4tlink:, idc. That's just my story.
haha no doubt

I grew up as a poor orphane. I didnt have sandwiches, only tomatoes. We ate grass and passed gas. The end.

I grew up and became a banker.

So play :4tlink:, idc. That's just my story.
never expected you to care anyway ;)

Whoa my ni* nog, you're putting down brawl lol What a bunch of bullsh*t. What are these mythical "safe options" you're talking about?

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
Whoa my ni* nog, you're putting down brawl lol What a bunch of bullsh*t. What are these mythical "safe options" you're talking about?
HAHAH EX DEE Everyone plays link for the first time. Its funny because my tier centered self I always turn my friends that do the same thing to toon link , so the struggle isnt that bad. Mine was dr mario .... the struggle. Never gain.... And here I am a yoshi player. Got played by second place at evo. Rambling hype.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
I started with Melee, playing Samus and Yoshi. Then brawl I played Wolf and Samus, and in Sm4sh I main Samus, Bayonetta (1.1.6) and currently looking for another character to cover matchups.

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
I started with Melee, playing Samus and Yoshi. Then brawl I played Wolf and Samus, and in Sm4sh I main Samus, Bayonetta (1.1.6) and currently looking for another character to cover matchups.
You started playing smash on the bayo patch???

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
Might I suggest you try a fast character, such as :4falcon:, :4feroy: or :4fox:? :4samus: is your zoning/turtling character, :4bayonetta: is your combo-heavy safe character. To cover what's rest, you would need someone who could move fast and close gaps nicely.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I can't remember personally. So long ago. During the N64 days, I guess I played most of the cast without really sticking to a particular character. Melee though is where the fun started and I picked up Marth as soon as I unlocked him. I also dabbled in Mario play. During the Brawl days, I played Meta Knight almost exclusively and used Luigi as a backup. Smash 4, Marth.

Mr Puddles

Smash Rookie
NNID
Empulsion777
I started back in the 64 days with Link. Then Ness in Melee, Brawl and Smash4. However I still can't stand his recovery so he will always be my secondary. Currently I main Bowser Jr and have been for a long time since I have the most fun with him.

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
Pikachu was my man in 64. I never actually owned that one, though. When Melee came out I was all over that and determined to play Sheik. I ended up finding Young Link's dair to be A LOT of fun. Then I moved onto Falco which became my "true" main... good times :)

Top Bottom