• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character did you first ever main?

sunfleck

Smash Rookie
NNID
sunfleck
:172::pichumelee:
Pichu in MELEE because I was seven or so and thought he was cute and effective (I just :GCD::GCB: the whole time)

GamefreakDX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-6277-7612
In Brawl, it was Mario, though to be fair, I was going in order of the characters left-to-right while going through Classic Mode. At the same time, he was my first main too.
In Smash 4, it was Mr. Game & Watch since I mained him in Brawl and I wondered how much they changed him.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
A lot of newer people messaging in this thread. Welcome to SmashBoards, everyone.

Wafflemastah

Smash Rookie
NNID
wafflemastah38
melee was my first game and i think i mained :linkmelee:, then brawl i picked up :ike:and :falco:, and finnally in smash 4 i started out with :4wiifit:and :4littlemac:cause they were the most hype for me in the release.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
64: I don't remember
Melee: :drmario:
Brawl: :wario:
PM: :ness2:
Sm4sh: :4jigglypuff:

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I fell in love with Ness due to his sparkling jumps in 64 and loved the sound effects, pk fire, and yoyo
64: Yellow Ness

Melee: Yellow Ness

Brawl: Lucas (felt like Ness was wonky in brawl)

Smash 4: Ness

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
:link64:. I was 8 years old in 2000 and hugely into Zelda at the time, having just completed Majora's Mask, the first Zelda game I finished by myself. When my next-door neighbor brought over this game called Super Smash Bros, I was floored that there was a game where I could have Link kick the crap out of Mario and Pikachu. I eventually discovered that you could unlock :luigi64:, my favorite Nintendo character at the time, and I switched to him for several years before settling on :yoshi64:.

While I don't play Smash 64 anymore, I still have a passion for this series, and I always look forward to what's coming next.

Brawl: :gw: and added :pit::wolf: over the years, now solo :wolf:
Smash 4: :4ness::4miigun:, but soon swapped to :4metaknight::4greninja:, and now :4lucas::4villager:. It's been a long journey, but I've finally finalized my mains.

Last edited:

monfernova

Smash Rookie
Melee: Roy (I didn't say I was a smart 7 year old)
Brawl: Ike/Wolf/Lucario
PM: Still Ganon
Smash4: Little Mac

Lum_Beri

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lum_Beri
3DS FC
4656-6500-5607
The first Smash game I ever plaed was Brawl. I was young, and new nothing at all about the competitive scene…so my first main was Meta Knight. I played him because I thought he looked cool, but I eventually decided he wasn't that good (wow) and switched to Marth.
I didn't get into competitive Smash until around the time Smash 4 came out. I started out using PAC-MAN and Rosalina & Luma, and I tried Zelda because I liked the character, but she felt awkward, so I decided to main Sheik, not because I'm a tier *****, but because she basically is Zelda. Now, my Smash name is not the same as my username. I go by consistentfailure, usually shortened to CF. When I realized that Captain Falcon shared these initials with me, I decided I HAD to main him, and have used him ever since, with secondaries including Cloud and Zelda.
By the time I got Melee, I knew enough about the scene that I had already decided to main Falco, but when I found him annoying to use, I played around a bit with Marth and Captain Falcon before settling on Jigglypuff, who is currently my Melee main.
It's been fun, even though I suck. Oh, and I switched back to Meta Knight in Brawl once I found out how good he was, so maybe I am a bit of a tier ***** after all.

Last edited:

ineedmoremilk

Smash Rookie
:dk64: N64 FIRST PLAYED
:mario64: N64 FIRST MAIN

:samusmelee: MELEE FIRST PLAYED
:foxmelee: MELEE FIRST MAIN

:metaknight: BRAWL FIRST PLAYED
:ness2: BRAWL FIRST MAIN

:4ness: WII U AND 3DS FIRST PLAYED
:4ness: WII U AND 3DS FIRST MAIN

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Well this is in Smash 4 discussion, so I'll answer that first, it's Falcon.

In 64 and Melee as a kid, I mained Luigi. Grew into Falcon later on in Melee after I finally got around to playing F-Zero, and I even mained him in Brawl despite how **** he was.

Falcon in all games pretty much ever since.

mikahon

Smash Rookie
64 :luigi64: only because he had a shoryuken and that I had a hard time figuring out how to unlock him (it's actually so simple but without internet ...).
Melee :falcomelee: in that time, I had played starfox and starfox 64, the latter being one of my all time favorite game, I always liked falco a lot, and back then when I played melee, I didn't even know he was in there, and as I progressed through event mode, I stumbled upon the one where both fox and falco are invisible and you have to defeat them, I was confused because I recognized fox's shape but didn't recognize the second character. Until all I did was evade him and try to figure out who he was, and was sooooo happy to find out it was falco ! After that one of my favorite video game character was added in smash, it became an obsession, I only played him all the time, and rarely switching to try other characters move set.
Brawl :falco: the transition from melee to brawl was going to be great, because falco was still in the game ! At this time, youtube was growing and I feasted on falco tech videos, I had a blast chain grabbing and doing DACUS, even if he lost some good moves in the process, I still loved him.
PM :falco: melee falco's back baby.
Sm4sh :4falco: I have a hard time winning with him, I'm super loyal to him and refuse to change characters, despite the fact that he's average. Still having good times overall.

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
:sonic:My first time playing smash was Brawl at a friends and since I was/am a huge Sonic fanboy of course I chose Sonic.
:4littlemac::4sonic:When I got Smash for the 3DS, like many people, I started off maining Mac, but after a long while of trying to find a character to main for the competitive scene I went back to my brawl roots and picked up Sonic, who is actually good in this game.

Last edited:

Dadrik

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dadrik
On Smash 4 ?
THE MONADO BOI :4shulk:
Because I'm a Xenoblade fan and he's a pretty cool char, even though he's not that great :(
Also I love to pick newcomers when a new FG is released.
I also played :4megaman: a lot

Now I mostly play:
Mains : :4pikachu::4ness: ;
Secondaries :4fox: :4mewtwo:
Pocket :4cloud:(as we all do) :4shulk: :4marth:, for fun and competitively.

As for Melee, I always played :marthmelee: and :mewtwomelee:
In Brawl, I was a :wolf: player (really just for fun though, I was fairly young and never really got into competitive gaming, even as an enthusiast)

Last edited:

Lunanix

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunanix
I first mained Sheik, I later dropped her since she was a bit to hard for a newbie for a bunch of characters when I was first testing out the game for characters such as Ness, Yoshi, Rosalina. I later picked up Peach, ZSS and about 3 months ago fell back on my roots to pick up Sheik again.

:D

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
Link, I liked his character in his games and I just like how he feels gameplay wise, he's never felt off or wrong, It's like how Falcon will always be Falcon.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
:samus2: Back when I was playing brawl casually, :lucario: when I tried to play competitive without owning a Wii.

Smash 4: :4greninja::4falcon: back in 3ds pre nerfs
:4pikachu:then a tiny bit of :4yoshi:, quit came back with :4metaknight: wasn't making progress post nerf so now I'm rolling with my boy
:4mewtwo:and I'm doing really well.

54BR3 WU1F

Smash Cadet
Back in Brawl, I always played as either :snake: or :wolf: because why not. Now in Smash 4, I play as :4falco: along with :4charizard: as a secondary and recently, I've been learning :4cloud: because he's really easy to learn and I don't even need a smash attack to kill :3

I'm not sure if I should learn a new character, but whatever.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mario.

He's the character I always start off learning the game with and keep as a pocket main. From 64 to Sm4sh with PM also included, Mario is always my go to for leaning to git gud at the game in the beginning.

Pikachu and Fox, as well. The three are my three original mains that I can usually play well enough with in any Smash game.

Last edited:

Toonkid50

Smash Rookie
When I first got into Smash 4 I played :4falcon: Captain Falcon on For Glory. Did somewhat well.

54BR3 WU1F

Smash Cadet
Mario.

He's the character I always start off learning the game with and keep as a pocket main. From 64 to Sm4sh with PM also included, Mario is always my go to for leaning to git gud at the game in the beginning.

Pikachu and Fox, as well. The three are my three original mains that I can usually play well enough with in any Smash game.
Ok. Sounds interesting. To be honest I've never ever played as Mario in Smash. (none of the games)

Top Bottom