• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what chain tech do you prefer

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
well i wana know what you guys like to do with yoru chain

i usaly like to shoot it out then witch hands holding the B and then spam up on the C stick because it makes it move very little and its hard to see so if someone walks up to me i can just spam the up c and then they get in a temperary chain lock ive gotten up to like 100 damage this way and fast and if some one gets to close lets say IKE then i just spam it and the tip slides along the side of the floor (nobody really notices it) and then bam he gets the but end of the chain the like electric thingy and is shoved away.

but alas it is really easy to just jump over it and then hit from behind..

but i want to knwo what you guys do and how you use it

http://rapidshare.com/files/176441675/st_081209_2214.bin.html

theres the video of what im talking about it was kinda hard to do cuz i was controlling all the characters but you get the picture

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*Attempts to maybe head this topic on the right track*

I don't really use the chain much, but when I do, I just use it like a long range disjoint hitbox attack and then return it. I don't usually swing it, I just sort of let it go out to hit them, then my opponent tries to space so I bring it back, that's it. Usually if I swing it though I just swing it forward and backwards on the ground, or if they're in the air, up and down in a circle.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
oh thats cool

and im not saying that they cant see it. im saying that they dont think of it. its more of a mind game cuz most of the time people would just see someone like that and think there in the open so they just run into it and i play alot online so it works for that because since i dont relly play agenst good peeps they fall for it all the time. im sure some one with some experience would pick it up easaly. so yeah i dont see how your comment protains to what this topic is about speed

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
There are a few worthwhile chain techs. They include:

Chain lock
Chain edge-guarding
Tether cancels.

Imo the rest are useless. Perhaps if you can PERFECT the chain jacket it may be less irritating, but otherwise, stick to locks.

Btw, waving the chian between down and downforward is a much better tactic, and hopefully the people you're fighting still won't see the trap they enjoy walking into ever so much.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
yea i try to do the chain lock but like it always gets me annoyed cuz im right handed and i dont like rotating my thumb in that way so it like bugs me but im working on it

Villi

Smash Lord
I tried out the SH chain in tournament... It worked out fairly effectively against people who had probably never encountered the chain before. DK Donkey Punched me right off the bat (I was spamming it in friendlies so it was a semi-habit by the time he sat down), and Marth found openings to hit me with an aerial, Meta Knight called me mean, but otherwise most people were at a loss.

There's still a chance that it was me just not reacting fast enough + reacting too soon -- but the Marth seemed to get me after I pulled it back to get another long range hit box out. SH Chain proficiency is worth while to learn, I think. If you can manage to put your brain behind it, it's difficult to get around.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If i'm being spaced to death by a ROB,DDD,Marth,DK.....i'll throw it out just to let them know they're not completely safe in their usual comfort zones.

I'll also use it to rack damage and even gimp a lot of characters recoveries.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
yeah i use it alot so that like half of it is off the stage so when yoiu press down it attacks anyone trying to grab the ledge

Top Bottom