• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can cause this kind of sound?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=5202]What can cause this kind of sound?[/drupal]

My mom told me two days ago while I was at work at night that while she was in bed, she heard something bang and she heard the water running briefly. She couldn't find the source of the sound.

Tonight, I actually heard it myself. It sounded like a ceramic toilet seat falling down and the water sounded like a faucet. However, when I checked the bathroom, the lid was still up (I'm testament to that; I almost never put the seat down) and the sink bowl was dry.

Some things to note are that the sound sounded like it came from downstairs (which contains my bathroom at the foot of the steps and the dining room, kitchen, family room, and laundry room). Also, the sound of the water was too strong for the faucet to make, yet it's the only faucet that it could have come out of. My kitchen faucet is too quiet and my laundry room faucet is too loud and messy because it has no nozzle on it.

Also, it appears to have consistency. This has happened twice so far. It's been bang sounding like ceramic followed by running water.

My mom thinks it's ghosts, I think it's something natural that I can't figure out. Any ideas on things to consider trying to locate the sound of this?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Get a
board and communicate with the spirit to find out what it wants.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Internal piping problems? I'd check if all the piping is alright and functional. Another option is some pranksters outside. I knew a guy who would go around, break glass
in front of people's house to try and wake them up, and then bolt for it when they actually did.

Anyways, I doubt it's ghosts.

:phone:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's just the plumbing
which is haunted by evil spirits

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Reminds me of the time when my vents or something were ****ed up so sometimes they made a noise that sounded like someone was up in the attic stomping around. Freaked my mom the hell out, but not me.

So moral of the story is that men are smarter than women. Or uh, fix your pipes or something.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
fix your pipes or something.
Boys on Smashboards aren't exactly an expert on fixing and cleaning pipes.

I urge you not to try it yourself, you'll fail miserably!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've found most mysterious sounds to be animals outside ****ing.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I live right across from a rice field so all I hear starting from now until August at night are frogs getting steamy slimy sex on.

:phone:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I found the noise. It was an air compressor that was going haywire in my garage. It would turn and which causes a loud noise, then the sound I heard that I thought was water that didn't sound like any of my sinks was actually just the air releasing.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I found the noise. It was an air compressor that was going haywire in my garage. It would turn and which causes a loud noise, then the sound I heard that I thought was water that didn't sound like any of my sinks was actually just the air releasing.
I think your forgetting the fact that the "air" in the compressor was actually a ghost! :OOOOOOOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9WjcGdxuM

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's most likely your plumbing. Because the sound is consistently a ceramic bang followed by water running and there's no visual proof of your toilet seat falling or your sink activated, it is most likely happening within the walls of your house. You have a second floor, so what you're hearing is most likely the plumbing somewhere within the wall(s) connecting your room and your bathroom downstairs. How thin are your walls? Sound can travel through them easily, especially when bouncing around the empty slats within walling. You should call a plumber before you call an exorcist.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I remember when the ghost of a dead black guy tried to steal my phone, but he couldn't because he was confined to the room.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I came here for the steamy slimy frog sex

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I was right about you not scoring top tier goods after all.

BSP

Smash Legend
It's most likely your plumbing. Because the sound is consistently a ceramic bang followed by water running and there's no visual proof of your toilet seat falling or your sink activated, it is most likely happening within the walls of your house. You have a second floor, so what you're hearing is most likely the plumbing somewhere within the wall(s) connecting your room and your bathroom downstairs. How thin are your walls? Sound can travel through them easily, especially when bouncing around the empty slats within walling. You should call a plumber before you call an exorcist.
He already found the source

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't worry Alexei, it will happen one day.

Top Bottom