• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your top 50 favorite albums?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Ride the lightning in your top 20? Never saw that one coming.

Been working on this for a while. Kept it one album per artist

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I didn't really work on mine for too long, since it's going to lack stuff anyways (due to space constraints, me being overly excited about music in general, and being to lazy to upload cover images of more obscure albums).

edit: added the album names... and just glancing over the Dark Horse list is enough to think of some albums that should be in my list as well :D (No King Crimson, no Mars Volta, really? Geez, I'm horrible :( Well, I already said that it was going to lack stuff :D)
Also: these lists sure could use a general indication of the genres (:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I didn't really work on mine for too long, since it's going to lack stuff anyways (due to space constraints, me being overly excited about music in general, and being to lazy to upload cover images of more obscure albums).

edit: added the album names... and just glancing over the Dark Horse list is enough to think of some albums that should be in my list as well :D (No King Crimson, no Mars Volta, really? Geez, I'm horrible :( Well, I already said that it was going to lack stuff :D)
Also: these lists sure could use a general indication of the genres (:
Aw sheit. How come I never knew that you liked king crimson, TMV, earth, sabaton, and ASIWYFA?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Well, maaaybe because the place where we mostly conversed about music would be the metal discussion and I kinda try to keep on topic there ;)
I mean, sure I listen to a lot of things that aren't metal (and am not enough of a wolf shirt purist to be afraid of admitting that :D), but would the metal discussion thread really be the place to talk about these? (:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I think the first three (fourth to an extent) are all about equally good (and would totally deserve a spot on my list as well :-/ ).

Ah right, forgot to mention it in the last post: At some point last summer I was interested in how much I listen to which genre, so I've set up a last.fm account, so if anybody is really interested in what music I listen to ... (still lacks lots of things though, there's way too much music to listen to in half a year :D)
http://www.last.fm/user/Xyzzizzle Beware of horrible metal and Touhou bias (as if that wasn't obvious enough already).

Y

Yodery

Nice list dude. I really got to check out that BTBAM album you and Dark Horse like so much...

Btw, if I were you, I'd edit that MBDTF cover... lol.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
how do i do that? would this have even been a problem if you two weren't constantly bringing it up?

and yea, Colors is the best thing to happen to metal in the past like 25 years imo

Y

Yodery

Hey....
i love blame game :(

All of the lights and lost in the world are my personal favs.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i really wanted to like blame game because they are some of the only lyrics on the album that have any significance and relation to my own life but the hook is weaksauce and makes the aphex twin track sound like some corny billy joel **** and then the chris rock skit that just goes on and on and on and on

:phone:

Y

Yodery

Sometimes when im playing my ITAOTS vinyl whilst taking a bath, I pretend i'm that boy in the sea saluting.

demfeels

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
not to call you out or anything but this is the first list that I saw where I dislike the majority of the albums within

:(

oh well, at least there's Sans Souci and a Night at the Opera
haha, well, no offense taken. I love them all. De gustibus non disputandem est. (Not to say I wouldn't defend the **** out of most of them :) )

and I mean, I've been convinced with some posts to check out a bunch of stuff like BTBAM and Madvillainy that I don't know why I haven't already. I'm sure all of ours will be ever-changing

Yodery, if/when this thread dies, you should post a favorite tracks thread. I say you because I like this program and it was pretty much your idea.
I think our order of artists would be much more different and the change would be interesting

Y

Yodery

That'd be so hard to decide... my favorite songs ever... eh....

But yeah dude, definitely check out Madvillainy. Classic.

Top Bottom