• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your reasons for choosing your main?

PKChrisChan

Smash Rookie
I used to play Ness in 64 and Melee. But with the arrival of online play and people who play Ness more often i moved on to a pikachu main and a diddy kong secondary. I LOVE having alot of options.

Pikachu can play offensively, defensively and can teleport all over the place and scare people haha

SamusXZelda

Smash Rookie
For me i always chose Link in the smash bros. 64 cause i was a big Zelda fan, for Melee it was Kirby cause he was powerful, and for Brawl i go with ether Sonic cause i'm a long time Sonic fan and Zero Suit Samus cause well ....... I LOVE HER

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I realy know how to play as multiple characters but im to list my 4 mains.
1st: luigi/kirby
i like luigi for being the underdog and being green also he is funny as a character.
I love kirby because he can eat people(LOL)and steal there looks/powers he is a well balanced character great for every one.
NOTE:Mario and Luigi are similar so i use both.
2nd:Yoshi/Olimar
I loved yoshi becuase i grew up with super mario world 2 yoshi island gba so i use him in brawl(EPIC EGG AIM)
I LOVED Pikmin 1 and 2 so i plays as him its fun using pikmin as servents or body guards.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
D3 because: He's the king...
He has awesome recovery.
He has the strongest dash attack and f-smash in the game.
His down taunt...
You can throw a WADDLE!!!!!
O and his brown and green outfit.

Kirby1994

Smash Rookie
First post on this forum. Yay ^_^

I always play Kirby. I've always used him on Super Smash Bros Melee too, and because of that, I played Kirby so much that I am very good with it. I started using him because I love Kirby and kirby games. When Brawl came out, I played Kirby from the beginning too.

The adventage is that I am very good with Kirby, the disadvantaqe is that I am not that good with any other character. But who needs other characters when there's Kirby?

I don't like using more different characters, I like specializing in one character, to become almost unbeatable with it. I've been Kirby for years in Melee and Brawl, and that pays off, because I''m close to unbeatable on wifi Brawl.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm not a perfect SSBB player, I'm just saying the truth. I'm great with Kirby. When I'm not using Kirby (who I use 99% of all times), I suck.

By the way, I always use a GameCube controller when playing Brawl. With a Wii controller, I suck.

Kirby is also a strong character, able to defeat many opponents

- Flying, I'm good at dodging attacks and defending. Kirby can fly back on the stage, even after strong attacks, because of awesome flying ability.

- But also at attacking, Kirby has great C-stick attacks. I also like using Final Cutter as a long-distance attack. And I like stone attack.

- Kirbycide.

- On stages like Bridge of Eldin and Shadow Moses Island, I go near the right or left side of the stage, swallow an opponent, turn around and spit it out. Guranteed KO.

army man

Smash Ace
umm, you don't have the firs tpost on this forum, there's another 19 pages behind you
he's a rookie,he has 1 post, he doesn't know how it works that well.

anyway, i main toon link because i play LoZ spirit tracks A TON so i just picked toon link fin brawl, i wish toon zelda was in it too though, toon link is nothing without his partner:(

Chess435

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's been my main since SSB64. He's just the character I feel most comfortable playing with. My seconds are Mario, Lucas, and Toon Link, for various reasons.

Tanon

Smash Rookie
I mostly main Ike and Gannon.

Ike because his aerials have such amazing range on them and he has some pretty good gimping tools. It's also frustrating sometimes when playing someone like Sonic when you can't seem to get a KO because you've accidentally staled his only kill move, a problem which Ike doesn't have

I main Gannon for the challenge, and he's even more powerful than Ike sometimes. I've got to admit, I only use him when I'm mucking around or playing CF.

If I do have to use a secondary when my Ike's going to get owned, Falco (loving his spike and laser), Jigglypuff (because I like aerials and Resting halfway through a Blizzard just feels pro) or TL because his projectile game is awesome.

But I play almost everyone in the roster quite often (only MK, DK, ZZS/Samus get ignored a bit)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
My main was Sonic because when I heard he was coming to Brawl i was SO happy and he was all I played basically. Although, now my main is either Marth or Sonic (hard to choose).

Laserbeam

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I've posted on this thread or not (coming back here after a 5 month break) but I suppose I main Luigi. His air game is solid, and he has some interesting moves that can offset people's tempos (largely referring to his running A attack). Played for a few days for the first time in months and months and I feel I've rearranged my top 5. After Luigi is probably Ice Climbers, Zelda (not Sheik), Diddy Kong and finally King DeDeDe (more of a fun battle thing I suppose). I used to think Falco was one of my best but not thinking that anymore. I am MORE than rusty...and was never good enough to compete at the top level anyway. Though I'd like to try at some point.

Then123

Smash Cadet
I played Super smash bros on the Nintendo 64 ever since I could even chew on the remote when I was a baby. My sister would make me play as Pikachu cause I thought it was cute.
Then I got older and still stayed a Pika.. Through Melee. Now brawl.
I also play Ness cause people told me he was really hard to master. c: And cause I like the earthbound games. :3 Whats not to like about Ness, hes a good kid.

Kingzero88

Smash Rookie
I have 5 mains:

1: Lucas: Well balanced character. He has some powerful moves and projectiles so hes easy to fight with.

2: Mario: People say he sucks according to the tier list but Tiers are just for noobs. theyre just crap created for Brawl nerds. I can use his fludd well and his meteor smash almost perfectly.

3: Capt. Falcon: Need I say more? (He was so much better in Melee.) (Stupid Sakurai!)

4: Bowser: Before I got into capt falcon in Melee, I was a boss with Bowser so I still know how to use him but again he was better in melee.

5: Meta Knight!!!!.....jkjk Luigi: Pretty much mario but without a meteor smash and Fludd. He does have that Ridiculous UP+B move tho. :fountain: :335: :bacon:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
1. Lucario
I made Lucario my main becuase when i started to play brawl i sucked then i herd Lucario gets stronger as his damage goes up. But these days i main Lucario becuase i play best with him in general.

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
I have a storied history with Game&Watch. My Dad used to buy old games and junk when I was a kid and I got to play on some of the 1980s old Nintendo handhelds. . . he was cheap like that. This was ten years ago, and I moved on to GameBoy and so on later. I still always held those G&W games in memory, and they'll always have a special place for me

When G&W was in Melee I was stunned that they'd dug up this old character and gave him a run through. Didn't like him at first and ended up playing Marth mostly, but found my groove with him when I started playing more competitively. Continued until today, was very happy to see him get deserved buffs in Brawl. I guess it's not that interesting, but it was great to be reunited with an old friend like that XD

holyv

Smash Journeyman
5: Meta Knight!!!!.....jkjk Luigi: Pretty much mario but without a meteor smash and Fludd. He does have that Ridiculous UP+B move tho.
Lol luigi has 3 meteor smashes, he has the cyclone, cyclone > fludd, and up b pwn

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Captain Falcon because it's Captain Falcon, I mean CAWN AWN!!!

But seriously, I main Pokemon Trainer just because I've been playing Pokemon ever since I can remember. He looked sweet so I tried him out in the beginning of Brawl. I got tired of him so I dropped him. 2 years after that I picked him back up just to try him out again.

I also have Wolf as my 2ndary because I've always been a fan of the Starfox series. I fooled around with Fox in the earlier Smashes but when I saw Wolf in Brawl, I just had to try him out. Considering he had his own moveset just added to his awesome-ness and I've kept playing with him ever since.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have currently changed my main to peach, i think her movement and options in general are much more diverse than sheik's

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
I have no idea how I ended up maining Lucas.
When Brawl was about to be released, my mind was set between Pit, 'cause I thought he looked neat, or Luigi, since I had used him a lot in melee. Then it turns out that Pit was very fun for me. And then I realized that I was horrible with Luigi in melee and in brawl (switching Luigi to Roy in Melee, then again to Dr. Mario). Then I found myself flipping back and forth between everyone(particularly Toon Link), and at some point, I realized I was playing Lucas a lot.
Totally spontaneous.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Well originaly I had no idea what I was doing, so I mained like
six charecters. One day, at this tourney, I panicked and stuck
with the first of my six that I won with, DDD. Used him ever since.

Showerbot9000

Smash Rookie
I wanted to annoy everyone with PK Fire PK Fire PK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK FirePK Fire

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Always the Pit mains...

Mostly trial and error, first tried out the characters I used most from Melee, of which I'm still ok with Mario and Falco, but nowhere near enough to consider them mains! Was greatly disappointed with how Samus plays in brawl and I just can't use her at all!

After a while I realised I was best with Lucas, If I can land them his smashes are pretty powerful and I enjoy using his n-air after short hopping!

Currently my main is Pit, for ages he was my secondary and I wasn't overly good with him... but after a while I just got better playing with him and landing moves like his f-air and b-air, as well as generally gimping people :D
It also helps that he can recover well as long as you're careful with his WOI

Pit single-handedly changed Smashville from one of my least liked stages to the stage I'd pick to play every time!

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
My first reason to pick Wario was.. he was good in the air, and seemed like he would be interesting to learn, but when I first started playing as him I laughed too much (he still makes me laugh a little). His moves seemed to work for me, I am good at using air attacks and getting people with the bite when they don't expect it, I am good with timing - the fart is difficult to succeed with but it's great when it works XD. I think my favourite thing about Wario is how much of as ******* he can be to people.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My main is G&W. I find myself in the air a lot, and G&W is one of the most versatile aerial character in the game.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I chose Lucas/Ness because they have cool attacks, and they were the only ones i did good with in the SE xD (Though i had issues with their ^B at first...)

CelestiBoom

Smash Rookie
In Cappy Town with Kirby, MK and Dedede...
When I first got SSBB last year, me and my cousin immeditly went into SSE mode and started playing. I then finished it, and started getting into Brawls (Group Mode) and kicked *** with Kirby, then a whole load of months later, I got Wifi for my birthday and could kick even more *** online... until I thought Kirby was now getting boring for me and I chose Lucario (not because of Aura!!!). And so far, I'm doing pretty well... Nothing better than doing an Up-throw, Up Air, Netural Air Combo against people and computers...

jrandkellerrock

Smash Rookie
Falco's just awesome. I got into Falco before I knew what a teir list was, back in the melee days. I mained him just for his design alone. As a started to learn more and more about him, he just got more and more awesome. His sarcastic personality is hilarious and a lot like mine, and his job on the team is being a kick *** pilot. Plus, he's just really good in both Melee and Brawl. I play him mostly because he's my favorite video game character of all time.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
I main Lucario for a whole bunch of reasons. Firstly and most importantly he's the most fun to play out of any of the characters in Brawl, mostly because he fits my playstyle perfectly (versatile, opportunistic offense + patient, spacing-heavy defense). He's also my favorite Pokémon and I really like that game series. Finally, his intro in the Subspace Emissary is badass.

And of course there's the fact that I'm a little* obsessed with Lucario as well. :yeahboi:

*understatement

Abyssion

Smash Rookie
I main Mr. Game & Watch. I like his speed, powerful smashes (With the exception of his laggy Usmash) aerial game, his funny noises... my only problems are that he's quite light and has a useless SmashSpecial or whatever the term for his hammer attack is. Bit of a newb here.

Top Bottom