• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your reasons for choosing your main?

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
I play Peach because I just really like her play style. While she may not have great options off stage, I just really like what she can do. With Turnips, she can choose whether she wants to go in or play lame accordingly, which I like. And for some reason I always found her edgeguarding cool looking...lol.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I mained as Link for awhile since he was my main in Melee.

That is, until I unlocked Toon Link. I preferred TL's speed over power, and I felt that his boomerang had more uses than Link's Gale Boomerang. Plus TL's arrows didn't need to be charged all the way to go somewhere, which allows me to put pressure from a distance. Combine that with bomb's and I can pester enemies from a distance, and punish them with swordsplay when I get close, or if they rush me.

My secondary is Marth, since he is fairly fast and can be a very devastating character. I am getting better with him, but I feel my game can improve tremendously.

I also run a Zero Suit Samus whenever I want to have a little fun, but I will almost always run her when against a giant character, as she can combo them with extreme ease, and pretty much destroy those types of characters due to the fact that most of her attacks have large hit boxes.

I have also been giving some attention to the Star Fox characters, with Wolf being my favorite so far. I'm still experimenting with them.

All in all, I can use just about any character, so long as the character doesn't come from the Mario or DK universes. For some reason, I never really liked those characters, and as such, I flat out suck with them. =P

Spankity

Smash Rookie
My main has changed around a lot. In that, I've not even really had a main until recently. That main being Ness.

I decided to try him because of, well, inside jokes. It was pretty ridiculous. And I just realized I liked his handling, more or less, once I got a hang of PK Thunder. I'm still practicing since I'm really rusty at Smash in general, but I now main Ness and play best as him. Also, because I love Earthbound, although I think that kind of goes without saying.

My secondary is Toon Link. I've always liked him, and his moveset is kind of a comfort zone for me, since I mained him back in 2008. However, I'm not as good with him as I used to be.

However, most of the time I just jump around with characters. I use Lucas, Wolf, Marth, Ike, and Mr. Game & Watch fairly often as well. Though heck, most of the time I just go on random.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I chose to main G&W because of his wacky style. I also flow the best with him.
Funny thing, I didn't main G&W until I came here. I battled someone who said I was best at playing with G&W.

:phone:

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
I chose to play MK and Snake because they were top tier and I wanted to crash TPs.

Kirby on the other hand....

I originally played Kirby because you had to be him ~20 times to unlock the Green Greens stage according to the Prima guide I bought back in my noob days. This was when I didn't shield or use smash attacks, and brawls were fought pretty much completely with items (like I said, I was a noob.) It turned out Kirby had a Hammer, and could use Stone from above, which were pretty much bad smash attacks, but they were all I knew how to use so I used them.

Evolution of What Moves Kirby Spams -

Jab
Hammer
Stone
Final Cutter
Inhale (For attempted Kirbycides)
Fsmash
Grab
...and now I seem to use a lot of Bairs some Fairs and Dairs, mixing in grabs and tilts in between

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. I prefer not to abbreviate the name, in fear of confusing myself with either Twilight Princess or something else ^^;

ottobot

Smash Cadet
I play as Lucas because I'm a mother fan, and Mother 3 is my favorite game in the series. After playing as him a lot, i got good. I used to play link a lot, for mostly the same reasons, but I play lucas more due to the fact that he is much better at recovering than link.

Top Bottom