• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are the differences between...

T Parker

Smash Cadet
A) falco and fox?

B) young link and link?

C) roy and marth?

D) pichu and pikachu?

E) ganondorf and c. falcon?

F) dr. mario and mario?

T Parker

Smash Cadet
screw you waltz i just wanted some information.
i couldn't find a topic listing all that, and i don't feel like wasting my hours away looking through the character specific threads for a 2 minute answer.

all i wanted was a little advice, but apparently that's not allowed for anybody without respect on these forums

saratos

Smash Apprentice
This has to be a joke. How did you find your way here without being able to tell the differences?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
A) falco and fox?
One saves the Lylat system, the other cries while he gets owned by easy enemies, and gets even crankier when you shoot at him.

B) young link and link?
One has a hookshot, the other has a boomerang. Wait...

C) roy and marth?
One is a man, the other is female. Honestly, nobody knows much about the real Japanese characters.

D) pichu and pikachu?
Pichu is not yet skilled at storing electricity, and therefore it often sends out sparks when it is happy or if it has been startled.

E) ganondorf and c. falcon?
One is a super-masculine pwnagebus, and the other is his father.

F) dr. mario and mario?
4 years of graduate school.

Patinator

Smash Champion
i couldn't find a topic listing all that, and i don't feel like wasting my hours away looking through the character specific threads for a 2 minute answer.

all i wanted was a little advice, but apparently that's not allowed for anybody without respect on these forums
I'll help ya. Don't know why, but meh.

So, for A, Falco and Fox.

Falco is slower, in both dash and walk speed. However, he falls slightly faster in the air. Just barely.

Fox's Dair is a multi-hit, super-weak Meteor, while Falco's is a Spike.

Falco has a stronger D-tilt, weaker Uair, stronger F-smash, and weaker U-smash.

Falco can juggle some characters with U-tilt, but Fox's sends characters in different directions. Might need to check this.

Falco is a bit heavier, with a shorter recovery but a higher first and second jump. And his lasers stun, and have more range (ACROSS. TEMPLE.), with less speed.

B), Young Link and Link.

Y. Link is quicker, in both dash and walk speed. His Up B hits multiple times, while Link's is a KO move, which can semi-spike.

Y. Link's arrows have a fire effect (Or phir3 for us Roy users :laugh:), and his standing pose sometimes drops his shield. Both the Hylian Shield (Link) and Kokiri Shield (Y. Link) block projectiles.

Link is heavier, and has a longer Hookshot, thus a better recovery.

C), Roy and Marth.

Boy do I know this one. Friend: Marth. Me: Roy.

Roy is slower than Marth (But quicker than Mario! Quit calling him slow people!), and his moves are slightly lower in damage.

Roy's sword has a sweetspot in the center of his sword to his arm (...?), while Marth's is at the tip or just below it for a few moves.

Roy's F-Smash is powerful when centered, but Marth's is powerful when tipped AND semi-tipped.

Marth's Dair is a spike, while Roy's is apparently a Meteor.

Marth's D-Tilt is a Semi-spike when tipped, while Roy's can combo into an F-Smash at low percents, or combo fastfallers.

Roy has a faster fall speed, lower short hop, and of course, teh PHIR3! Marth has a slow fall speed, higher short hop, and teh... Well, nothing. Just blue.

The first (Third hit total) hit of Marth's Smash-B, Dancing Blade, is a Meteor. He spins and slashes down with his sword, pointing at the ground. Roy's knocks over Crouch Cancelling people, while his second (Third total) up Double-Edge Dance Smash B move is a Meteor.

Marth's Neutral B charges in about two seconds, with 28%. Roy's charges for four seconds, and does 50. Instant death, with an esplosion!!1!

D), Pikachu and Pichu.

The easiest is that Pichu is lighter. A LOT lighter. He has a slightly worse, slower recovery, but is a bit faster and smaller than Pikachu. Pikachu's moves are more powerful, with the omnipotent Up-Smash of Death in his arsenal. Pichu's Smash B charges for about four seconds, does 39, and can hit farther than a Home-Run Bat at the right percents. (ZOMG)

That's all, I think. Thunder and F-Smash hit multiple times for Pichu. He still is bad though. :laugh:

E), Ganondorf and Captain Falcon

Oh, yeah. HERE is where I can show my... Knowledge (You were expecting moves, huh? LOL).

Ganondorf has a longer, stronger B, higher and slower Up B, slower ground and air speed, longer, faster, and unusable U-Tilt, and a Spiking Down-B (SmashWiki. Someone prove this? I think I have...).

Falcon has the fastest Dash speed, period. A shorter, less-powerful yet usable B, shorter, faster Up B, Meteor Smash B in the air, Meteor Dair, Spiking Dair when you hit with his head/upper chest (Nipple spike.), edgeguard-worthy U-Tilt/F-Tilt/D-Tilt, and the awesome, pwnful KNEE, his Fair (Straight/somewhat downwards knockback sweetspoted, KO move, easy KOs, plus electricity! All this in ONE pill! LOL...).

Ganon's Fair is the Fist (Upwards knockback, spammable, somewhat slower, KO move).

Ganondorf's Dair can Spike under the same conditions as Falcon's I believe. With no DI, the person will be sent down at an angle.

F), Dr. Mario and Mario.

Dr. Mario's a Doctor, Mario's a plumber. Okay, getting serious.

Mario's Fireballs have less stun, teh phir3 (Duh.), and a lower bounce. Megavitamins have more stun, no phir3, and a higher bounce.

Both have good edgeguards with Side B, Cape/Super Sheet. Dr. Mario's Fair is another Fist, Mario's is a Meteor.

Both gain hieght with Down B in the air after using it and tapping B, Dr. Mario gains hieght ONCE with Side B, his Dr. Tornado sends foes to the side, and he's a bit slower with a slightly higher fall speed.

Help any? Edits might be needed... That was long, and confusing... :dizzy:

T Parker

Smash Cadet
TYVM patinator.

i wish we had a thanks or rep system, because you really helped.

appreciate it man.

and bomberman should be in brawl!

Binx

Smash Master
Phanna wins at life, but seriously as often as I do not recommend this there is a great guide at .... ugh gamefaqs listing every single tiny difference between these characters but in short, half of them suck more than the other half, Fox is better, Marth is WAY better, Falcon IS WAY MANLIER and also WAY BETTER, Link is a little better, and Doc is a little better, Pichu and Pikachu are both horrible but Pikachu is better because of range mostly.

T Parker

Smash Cadet
stfu connor i'm sorry i'm not extremely experienced at this game, it kind of seems like you have to be at this point though.
at least i'm clever enough to try and get educated, just screw off if you're not going to help. read the thread, laugh to yourself for a little bit, and move on. don't try and make it worse on somebody else because your too lazy to help a potentially decent player out.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
they all enjoy man love together thats the difference between them....

not really...
check the specific stickies...
characters with clones usssually have the differences stated in the stickies...

GofG

Smash Champion
T Parker, you have to understand; it is not hard to find this information. It wouldn't take you 2 hours; it might take you 5 minutes.

Sage

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
One saves the Lylat system, the other cries while he gets owned by easy enemies, and gets even crankier when you shoot at him.

One has a hookshot, the other has a boomerang. Wait...

One is a man, the other is female. Honestly, nobody knows much about the real Japanese characters.

Pichu is not yet skilled at storing electricity, and therefore it often sends out sparks when it is happy or if it has been startled.

One is a super-masculine pwnagebus, and the other is his father.

4 years of graduate school.
LOL
And T Parker, this is a site about Smash lovers, if you don't know a simple answer like that, prepare to be flamed...

Patinator

Smash Champion
What exactly is bad with not knowing something about Smash? Huh? We all started like that! Even you Directors and Mods and whatnot.

But one thing I forgot in that list. One flippin' thing.

...Pichu hurts itself when it uses electric attacks. I was in a rush. So don't kill me with your ignorant flamage. Help someone out. Don't be all stuck-up like... Like... G-REGULATE!!! (And I'm a Falcon main....)

Zjiin

Smash Master
It's like 3 months until brawl... seriously how can there still be people picking up the game now? Go outside and do stuff and try again feb 10th.

Unless you're capital H hardcore, 3 months of practicing will just be a waste of your time.

T Parker

Smash Cadet
okay, there's a few obvious differences, and i've played the game more than 50 hours (not bragging, just showing that i'm not as nooby as it may sound, particularly in vs. mode with my main characters)

i knew stuff like y. link shoots fire arrows and ganondorf is slower, i knew the obvious stuff.

i was looking for the in-detail stuff, like the fact that roy's sweet spot is on the tip of the sword while marth's is near the middle. i didn't know that, i haven't played either character more than an hour.

i hate this forum. it's everything but beginner-welcoming.
you get no respect if you're not experienced, and you can't even ask a beginner's question without getting flamed.

Patinator

Smash Champion
T Parker's right! Beginners aren't welcomed here like they should be! You Moderator people think you're all high and mighty, knocking down the poor beginners because you're better!

Yet your job is welcoming people to smashboards, RIGHT? Hmph. I scoff.

But about your last post, T Parker... Ya got da shweet shpots all mixed up. :)

So I'm on your side dude, unlike everyone else it seems! Not EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING! Jeez. We were all n00bs once. He's played for 50 hours. Even Ken was a n00b once! Isai, G-Regulate, Gimpy, EVERYONE! :mad:

But at the same time, don't kill me...

D

Deleted member

Ok, people arent dissing u because u r are new (firstly 50 hrs is barely any). Well maybe some people are, or most people. Its because there are probably 50 of these threads. Also, if u dont like the boards, just leave. And why do u think people are trying to sound high and mighty. We are just laughing becuase u didnt bother to search, and this is well knwon information

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ok, people arent dissing u because u r are new (firstly 50 hrs is barely any). Well maybe some people are, or most people. Its because there are probably 50 of these threads. Also, if u dont like the boards, just leave. And why do u think people are trying to sound high and mighty. We are just laughing becuase u didnt bother to search, and this is well knwon information
...Meh. I can't come up with a counter. Oh well. But listen, I LOVE the boards! So many flaming people... So many banned people... Paradise. :)

PWtCB

Smash Cadet

Yeah, I see how you feel, but it is impossible to simply say the differences between the characters just like that. You really have to read the character specifics to see the differences. Many differences are minor but important and they are in great numbers (like Y. Link flaming dair spike and Marth /Roy sweet spot). You can't just do a whole list of differences for each character. It would be as long as reading the character threads themselves. So just read them. You will learn much more than if some guys just name a couple of differences between the characters. In this topic's case, there is no 2 minute answer.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
okay, there's a few obvious differences, and i've played the game more than 50 hours (not bragging, just showing that i'm not as nooby as it may sound, particularly in vs. mode with my main characters)

i knew stuff like y. link shoots fire arrows and ganondorf is slower, i knew the obvious stuff.

i was looking for the in-detail stuff, like the fact that roy's sweet spot is on the tip of the sword while marth's is near the middle. i didn't know that, i haven't played either character more than an hour.

i hate this forum. it's everything but beginner-welcoming.
you get no respect if you're not experienced, and you can't even ask a beginner's question without getting flamed.
This is not true. There is a reason why some threads get stickied you know?
Just imagine yourself being the all knowing one. And then xxxx number of people come and ask you how to do, this how to do that, what is this and what is that. It is natural that people are unwilling to answer questions that has already been answered. Furthermore, that question require a heavy answer that is hard to explain with word. Most people didn't go on forums to see whats the diff between chars. They figured it out by themselve via experience. If you really want to know a character you must play him. When I mean play him, I dont mean do classic. I mean study him.

The reason why you get flamed, is because you don't follow the rules. Yes there are rules about posting threads. Before asking, try to find by yourself.

T Parker's right! Beginners aren't welcomed here like they should be! You Moderator people think you're all high and mighty, knocking down the poor beginners because you're better!

Yet your job is welcoming people to smashboards, RIGHT? Hmph. I scoff.

But about your last post, T Parker... Ya got da shweet shpots all mixed up. :)

So I'm on your side dude, unlike everyone else it seems! Not EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING! Jeez. We were all n00bs once. He's played for 50 hours. Even Ken was a n00b once! Isai, G-Regulate, Gimpy, EVERYONE! :mad:

But at the same time, don't kill me...
Yes everyone was a newb once, but at least people knew how to find stuff themselves. It really annoys me when people start to play a game and wants to be the best right away. They keep asking questions and never try to find things alone.

Top Bottom