• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH THAT WAS AWSOME!!!

It would have been cooler if it ended in a Ken Comb though. Good stuff Ken and Isai!!!

PandaX

Smash Lord
I can't watch it here at work which really sucks. And my computer isn't yet functional at home. I guess I gotta wait it out.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Charoo said:
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH THAT WAS AWSOME!!!

It would have been cooler if it ended in a Ken Comb though. Good stuff Ken and Isai!!!
that part was cut off. you have to purchase VOD for the "ken combo" yayhuhz!~

Straight

Smash Journeyman
Yo ken, do the biweeklies use MLG rules? Lol just asking because it was not posted in the first post and I wasn't sure what the rules were. thx :bigthumbu

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Straight said:
Yo ken, do the biweeklies use MLG rules? Lol just asking because it was not posted in the first post and I wasn't sure what the rules were. thx :bigthumbu
yeah we are sticking to mlg rules and since new rules have been added i think most of u are in for a suprise.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Hmmm...I'll see if I can come down Saturday...hopefully I can get a ride from UCLA.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
manacloud1 said:
yeah we are sticking to mlg rules and since new rules have been added i think most of u are in for a suprise.
Well what are those rules? I'm not sure i agree with these "surprises". I think the rules should be posted up at least the day before so that there are no arguments over what can and can't happen.

I'm saying this because there have been many occasions in the past biweeklies where players lost or won matches because of rules that were changed from one biweekly to the other or rules that were supposed to be MLG rules but weren't.

Not saying these rules are bad, im just saying the players need to know this beforehand so that there is no controversy.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

HugS said:
Well what are those rules? I'm not sure i agree with these "surprises". I think the rules should be posted up at least the day before so that there are no arguments over what can and can't happen.

I'm saying this because there have been many occasions in the past biweeklies where players lost or won matches because of rules that were changed from one biweekly to the other or rules that were supposed to be MLG rules but weren't.

Not saying these rules are bad, im just saying the players need to know this beforehand so that there is no controversy.
its mlg rules. if u need them go to the mlg website. Only difference we play doubles on umm that kirby stage. Its not banned.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Anyone driving by UCLA to Ken's tomorrow? I need a ride...if not, maybe next time.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming! ;)

What will happen next!? :psycho:

Will NAZN TYR say YEAHZZZ!

Will Chu lose more $$$$$?

Will Champ say "Champ Combo" (which I'm disturbed by him NOT saying it each time)

Who shall be my teamate?

Will we have time for Goldeneye?

Will we go to Coldstone?

Will we go to Jamba Juice?

Will someone donate to OC2?

And how will I tell Mike that I he pulled me through a washer machine?

ummmmwhatloveshouldiputout? :p (I do love everyone ;) )

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
manacloud1 said:
its mlg rules. if u need them go to the mlg website. Only difference we play doubles on umm that kirby stage. Its not banned.
Ok...so as long as its MLG rules word for word then it's all good. It's just before on certain biweeklies certain rules would change and it wouldn't be written down anywhere online for us to refer to them.

So MLG rules + fountain of dreams just so we're all clear.

Good stuff.

Wolf and gabe should be going i think, It's not lookin good for me.

boou28

Smash Cadet
LA California. Silver Lake...Its around griffith p
good times

haha this biweekly was awesome. met some new people and got to talk with everyone. good stuff

panda - crazzzy matches man good stuff, hope to play you again sometime

guy w/ the beanie and long hair - sorry i forgot your name, it was fun playing those friendlies with you and stuff. we'll definitely play again

adam (i think) - good peach, hope to play you again sometime

ken - haha fun matches, to crazy man

mana - fun talkin with you. i gotta download those hong kong movies haha. have you seen Jigoku Shoujo? or mushishi? those are both pretty interesting series. that movie was called The Mystery of the twin swords right? any other good ones i should download?

a big thanks to ken, mike, helen, jenny for hosting this biweekly

hopefully ill see everyone again sometime soon cya

YeAyUhzz lol

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Cr@p My post froze

oh well the start of the performance class is at 3pm on 3/19.

12831 Canter Street
Garden Grove
Ask me questions if you need more info Jenny ;)

I won't be coming next biweekly :urg:

See you guys next time

Zenith

Smash Ace
I won't be able to make it to the next one either unless someone gives me a ride there and back.
My mom threw away her whole day off to take me there, so I feel kinda guilty.

I had some good matches (especially in doubles) and if my real doubles partner comes next time we'll do so much damage. Doc and Yoshi 4eva (best team ever made)

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Good weekend!

Kicking it with the Hoang family is too fun. Mario Party is tooooo intense lol. Thanks for having me. Oh yea, Curry was good stuff too.

Arash - hahaha so cute! Yet so duuurty... lol

Chu - you're metrosexual, it's ok, I still love you 'cause somehow we won Mario Party... hahahaha

Arash - too boozer cute yet too durrty :)

Cao - you feel asleep on the way back, I wanted to do pranks on you but was too tired.

Hellen - grrr peach's downsmash... I should've known better

Jenny - lol I swear, you still look 17 -18... :)

ThamasSexy - too cool and sexy, hope to hang out with you more in the future.

Panda - lol "why vacumm the house if no one comes to visit ;)" hehehehe

Hirsh - your voice sounds like KO at some points, it's scary... no ausies accents!

Adam - you don't eat thaaat sloppy, I don't know what the big fuzz is about, haha.

Whatisfear - good matches man. I'll get you next time, buddy ;).

John - good friendly matches against you mang. Hope to see you down at our coming triweeklies.

Boou - I like your fox.

*** and OMFG how can I forget to thank Mike and Ken for having me over! And... thank one of you for the amazing soothing rhythm that is snores... LOL :laugh:

See ya all soon.
~~ San Diego love ~~

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
well this biweekly sure was interesting

thomas- thanks for teh ride to biweekly yo, its appreciated. you and arash tore up teams haha, so close to victory.

arash- hah! teh bowsar is useless after it is over 100% :]. man those matches were too fun, wee need to do more of that next time

ken- game and watch chain throws!?! thats dirty :[ i just hope you dont pick up pichu and actually make him good or something

panda- haha you actually got better against space animals in like 2 days. wtbbq~! ill probably see you and thomas on thursday for session ownage

jason- omg our match was the epitomy of close. ive never used captain falcon in a tourney match before, and the one time i do i get a phantom knee at like the most crucial point ever `-`. either way nice job in takin me out of losers :[

caotic- doode your peach moves extremely fast. all peaches are downsmashes and *****? haha. fun matches playing you.

mike- dang i always end up facing you second round. i cant say the matches were that close cause you 2 stocked me, but rawr hopefully next time i can make it even closer. but yeah boou was right mushishi is good, and so is eyeshield 21.

boou- man your fox got way better than i remember it being since last time. that mario vs bowser match was too funny, who knew i somewhat have a bowser :D

pha- yeah man those matches were really close. it was good times playing you :T

hirsine- you tippered me 3 times in teams on yoshi story :[. its cool though since it was our first time teaming haha.

all in all my first tourney of the year was pretty fun, hope to see you guys next time :] and of course thanks to ken/mike/helen for hosting the tourney

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
just to inform everyone, theres a biweekly on the 18th too...... This will be good, it'll prepare everyone for the champ combo tournament.

i hope everyone steps it up...

soo many touanemnts :psycho: :psycho:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
YAYYUHHZZ!! :)

Late shoutouts

Everyone (Ken, Mike, Chu, WhatIsFear, Pha, Panda, Adam, Thomassexy, Arash etc) - you were awesome. Everything that killed me was cheapness LOL ^_^

Boozers everywhere *faints* Too cuuute!!

Peaches everywhere... arrrgh my head! The mindgame is too much >.< ... Peach ditto = biggest mindgame battle in Smash I've ever seen

Socal is fast become the land of Peach and Boozer! YAYYYUHZZZZ!@

Mario party was the worst cheapness I've ever seen

Thanks Mike Ken for having me over. Everything is too cool with you guys. :) Cheers. Much love.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Its a shame i couldn't make it but at least theres still one biweekly left before Champ Whopper I mean Combo, I really need the practice. :chuckle:

Champ, whats up with the Saturday exams man? Noooo.

Ken and Mike, will both of you be attending Champ Combo Both Editions?
Man i need to try out Mario Party and Golden Eye, sounds like too much fun.

PandaX

Smash Lord
I'll let Arash keep the golden eye crown. We proved each other pretty well, but I want to focus all attention on SSBM. There's always room for mario party of course :laugh: I better be seeing the lots of you on saturday!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I typed up a big old thing of shout-outs Sunday morning and then my computer froze...... I'll do shout-outs later but I just wanted to say that this bi-weekly was my favorite one ever. I have to say that after 2 years of bi-weeklies, that the current crowd is definately the best! Not the best in skills, but the best people to hang around with. I like how people are really social and not just here to play the game 10 hours straight and not say a word to anyone. Dinner was great! Karaoke was fun, and hanging out is too cool. Wow! I laughed my @$$ off this weekend. I just want to say thanks to everyone who came. I'll do individual shout-outs later; when I get home from work. See ya all later!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
not to mention I might be making my famous california rolls at this coming BIweekly

of course On sale for lets make it.... $5 for 12 California rolls...

all the benefits will go to OC2 =D

PS: by buying Ken's famous California rolls, it will not count as OC2 Donations :)

PandaX

Smash Lord
**** it ken, for the last 2 biweeklys you've been saying you'd have those cali rolls. I'll try them, but make some tiger rolls and I'm all in.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Well ok, here is my shout-out!

Whatisfear: We did pretty good, even though we weren’t compatibly. Takes time ;)

ThomasSexy: So Sexy! Umm, was that hug at dennys weird? I dunno, I just need to hug! lol

Panda: Dirty Panda! Stop teasing Arash!

Arash: Hmm should I bring Perfect Dark? I have the strategy guide in case you need to know map layout! {: ) well, we should try (in either game) the option of NO auto aim. Change your post! I dunno what else can I say…………..Don’t Get Drunk!

Jenny: Okey dokey! My piano teacher has these performance classes for the student to have the experience of playing their piece in front of an audience, which is usually their parents of the students! XD
But I’m playing the “Mephisto Waltz” No.1 by Franz Liszt
Duration ~11mins
Well in words, if you didn’t use map search(look at the color blue words)
Go up north to 22 West Fwy to Knott(or go to Knott on the sidestreets)
Then Knott to Stanford then turn right on Canter!

12831 Canter Street
Garden Grove

It starts at 3pm on March 19, 2006

(umm is chu coming??? My head will explode if he comes and says “YEAHZZ!” because I want to make a good impression on my teacher. I know it’s fun saying it but I heard It so many times that after last week’s compittion that I heard it my head when I was asleep. {And I dreamt everyone too!})

Done!

Back to smashers…

Chu: I dunno why I approach you each time. I think I’m unconsciously try amusing my self with some sort of action( like when you were taking some fries and suddenly I did too)
Mangzz………I haven’t heard you say that yet!

Ken: PLAYING SAMUS!?!?! That happens once in a blue moon! What’s next, Peach!?

Mike: Your Samus ***** me. I’d say your Samus is very original. ^_^

Cao: Umm nice seeing you again. Not a lot of activity I can remember.

Oh by the way, I'm not coming because it is just impossibe for me to come on next Saturday.
:urg: oh well..................

COME BACK CHAMP!

Let’s see my dream stats:
Mike:8 <- Manarealm caused it!
Ken:4
Arash:3
Thomas(he had no flames!), Tyr, and Evil twin conjoined Snap-pops:1
Optimus Prime:1
Pirates!:1

I guess don't mind being this open.......

Arash

Smash Lord
you know, chudat claimed he could beat me at perfect dark...

the result was something similar to panda claiming he could eat faster than me:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom