• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAZN HNR

Smash Cadet
Good games =)

Justin: Great match! Iceclimbers are too tricky =/... **** chains...

CompyFranko: Hey nice to see you again man. You're getting better at young link... good projectiles.

Shin and friends.. : You guys are pretty good. It was nice to meet you all. Hope to see you all again.

Adam: Oh man I beat you with Falco! That was so close!

Arash: Pretending to be sick is another form of SANDBAGGING!

Panda: Hey wish i could have played you this time. Nice to see you again

Ultra Luigi and Friends: Good to see you guys again. Maybe see you at Champ Combo.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Good times.

Thanks Hoang Family for hosting. SEe ya soon...

Dodger

Smash Ace
Wow, I was surprised I didn't think that many people would show up to this biweekly, since there wasn't much activity in this thread before hand. Hooray for pleasant surprises. Unfortunately, I sort of got rocked this biweekly (my bracket was Gabe, my doubles partner, Arash). *sigh*. Me and my partner did better in teams than I expected though, that was pretty cool. On to the shoutouts!

Noob: Heh I don't think I got your real name, sorry. Anyway, we did pretty well. I think we had two victories in losers before we were taken out? Not bad.

Arash: Two Words: Flame Canceling. LOL. Lord did I pay for it though :-P. Man I really thought I could beat your boweser though. Gah. Bowser's just too good.

Azeem: You and Hugo.... the stuff of nightmares. Me and noob got rocked. I soo need to practice my falcon with you :-).

Hugo: Glad you could make it. We haven't played in a while. Maybe at champ combo. I look forward to getting multi-stocked :-).

Wolf: Thanks for the friendlies man. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. Hopefully, next time we play my falcon will be more of a worthy opponent.

Gabe: Awesome Yoshi man. Too bad I had to play it in the first round of singles. I hope I was able to put up a decent fight at least.

Panda: Heh, what can I say? Kirby spikes are too good man :-P. Seriously though, I really expected you to beat me. It just came down to that last good hit and i got lucky. You'll get me next time probably.

Mike: Heh, if I didn't know better I'd say you were getting a little nervous during our friendly. Hah, just kidding. Good game though :-).

Helen/Jen: I really enjoyed our battle in doubles. You guys should play in the tournaments way more often!

Ken: Thanks as always for being such a great host. You rock man.

To everyone else: Thanks for making the biweekly such a success!

And of course, thanks again to the Hoang family.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey! I was wondering, at my job, I've been collecting photos to put on my desk. I was wondering if I could take a few group photos at the bi-weekly.

Arash

Smash Lord
i feel a little better now anyway... UGH

omar - darn, i shoulda stuck to bowser and green greens

thomas - team hungover is too good

gabe - ok maybe yoshi isn't the worst character in the game, but i still hold that he rips off a lot of bowser's tricks

everyone else it was good seeing you, sorry my memory is kinda fuzzy...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
fun

i would like to thank super friends for donation a total of 25 bucks . 20 from hugo and 5 from gabe. Thomas sexy donated a total of 40 bucks. All donations help us further the oc much more. Im saying this as sincerely as I can. Thanks a lot super friends and thomas sexy. This bi weekly was a good turn out hope to see you all at the next one . Also great seeing you again omar. See you all at champ combo.

Im aiming towards a goal for t shirt prints. right now im working on new drawings possibly more. The more donations i get the cheaper the tshirts im not making profit off them. I think it would be great if people had shirts with smash symbols on them never seen before. But for all those who have donated in the past thanks a lot. We are getting closer to what we want in donations from oc. Right now i would like to thank all the areas / locations who have donated. There are still bi weeklies going on so the more donations the better the help for us. Not trying to pressure into donating but donations show you care about oc 2. Once again thanks.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Woooooooooo, biweekly was too good! Shout outs!

Arash-**** you kick *** even when your drunk, drunken fighter style. Hope you feel better.

Huong Family-Thanks for letting us stay so late and inviting us to go eat. I hope Monster enjoyed all the food we didnt finish lol, i really was full. I'd like to try out poker with you guys next time, it looks like a lot of fun.

Ken-Around the world with Ken, my bro and Core were really happy they finally had a chance to face you. G&W is broken lol, never.

Mike-Great to talk to you like always. Very true about crews, it was good practice to prepare for future ones.

The SuperFriends-Glad to see you guys, all of you. Omar, thanks for being my partner. I screwed up so much and i apoligize for that, i just dont have team training ever but it was fun.

Panda-Good matches man, and your too funny. I honestly didnt know you were Mexican. LOL at the jokes.

Thomas-Dude, you and your jokes :psycho: Fun time hanging out with you and good crew match.

Adam and friend (I dont know her name)-I had a blast. If you need NES games just hit me up on AIM. Ill try to bring MKDS and MPH next time so we can have some matches. Super Princess Peach looks like a lot of fun.

Pbody and friends-Great matches, especially in teams. I got a lot of team practice teaming with pbody, your frineds couldnt beat us woop woop! Pbody, you should consider teaming some time, Oscar and Oscar.

Green shirt kid-Mario Party rapid fire king, at least until you face thunder. Singles matches were really close but i wasn't going to lose to a ganondorf. :)

NAZH HNR-I've never had a chance to play against you, we should get a match soon. Nice talking to you.

Dodger-Kirby power man.

Tavo- are you getting MPH? If you are, bring your DS so we can have some matches.

Azeem-Matches were a lot of fun. I'll consider your advice and try to work on my weaknesses.

VC Green Gos wins crews oh yeah, best crew ever!

Mario Party was intense, my bro dissapointed me. I was hoping to win the thumb mashing but Adam beat me. :mad:

To everyone else, great times and see you guys at future biweeklies and champ combo.

I was almost falling asleep on my way back home lol, woops.

Ryuujin

Smash Apprentice
The biweekly was great thanks a lot for having us over so late :)

Ken - Hell's yes I finally got to play you, Your G & W kicks ***, That was funny you beat Jose with your Pichu :laugh:

Mike - Hey seriously let me know if their gonna have any Naruto tournaments anywhere cause I'd like to try it out.

Omar - Very awesome Sheik, I got owned! :dizzy:

Thomas - It was great talking to you and playing against you in single's and crews, Btw nice jokes they were funny :laugh:

Panda - Nice crew match! I almost lost but thank god I got the last hit, Also nice team matches against you and Adam it was tight... Oh btw I never thought you were mexican but thanks for letting us know.

Adam - Nice team matches, Your Peach is getting really good but so is mine ;)

Azeem - Nice playing against you in teams, Hey sorry I left when you were gonna teach me how to shoot double missile's with Samus... I hope you can teach me next time I see you :)

Dodger - Hey nice Kirby ditto, I beat you once but I admit you have a better Kirby than me.

Yups VC Green Go's finally won first in crews :chuckle:

-------------------------------------------

I was really dissapointed in Mario Party 5 & 7... I won second a lot but that other guy was way faster than me :(

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ken
CJ wanted to know the exact date for OC-2 so once you know can you post in PDS forums for me? its the thread you replied before. He wants the info ASAP but i cant go online often so it would be greatful if you post the info there =).

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Kei i'll find the exact Dates in 2 weeks from now... It's looking good so don't sweat!~

I'll post everything ASAP when I Can

PandaX

Smash Lord
Ken you're off the hook. I can't find battletoads.

If anyone has it for the NES or SNES, can I buy it off you? Tell me your price and I'll consider :bluejump:

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Oooh I think I have Battletoads for the SNES. And it's even an American casette :p
I could bring it with me of course when I come over :)

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
nearly anything > double dragon III. i think i have the battletoads for snes...but its that fusion one with double dragon. and wasnt double dragon II better than III anyways?

PandaX

Smash Lord
Double Dragon III wasn't that good, but it was most definately one of the hardest games because of the last level.

Could someone bring Battletoads to Champ Combo. Let me know the price you'll sell it for here please. Or if you don't want to sell it and just let us borrow it, it should be at kens house.

Oh and ebay is either over priced or long delay on shipping.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol idiots

double dragon 3 > then your skills.

Lets make a bet then excluding panda or adam or arash because ken and I taught them tips to the game.
anyone at the bi weekly who can beat double dragon 3 without cheats upon the first try can get a free entry to two bi weeklies of their choice, and they can choose whoever they want to beat it with from the bi weeklies. However if you lose, you must donate 10 bucks to the oc2, how does that sound? put your money where your mouth is else dont diss the great game double dragon 3. Besides im pretty sure whoever does this challenge will get ***** by the italian stalion in italy anyways. You wont even get to egypt and lets say you do. Cleopatra will **** u.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I remember getting to Egypt. One thing for sure is that DD3 is the most difficult one of them all. I'm not sure if i have the game anymore but I'll have to look into it. Im pretty sure I only have DD and DD2.

Besides just use game genie :laugh:

Edit: I just checked and i do have the game. :)
I'm missing DD2 :(

PandaX

Smash Lord
That's if they even get to her.

C'mon people, let me know if you got battletoads and are willing to bring it down. Even the SNES version is harder than DD3. The NES version ***** DD3 out of the water... then grabs it again for a 2nd run.

Battletoads Double Dragon is no good. That is the easiest game of both Battletoads and Double Dragon. Even Super Double Dragon was harder than that.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
PandaX said:
Even the SNES version is harder than DD3.

Are you talking about Battletoads in Battlemaniacs or something like that for the SNES, if so then i've beat that game a few times, but i've never beat DD3 before.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Oh em ef gee

You must be one confused child if you can beat one and not the other. I guess they both require different forms of skill.

Let's see you beat Blaster Master in under 4hrs

PandaX

Smash Lord
Most people can't beat that game. They usually get up to world 5 and lose to the crab king... If they can get that far.

World 1 and 2 aren't hard

World 3: tough

World 4: in the car is rough.

World 5: you just gotta hope you have full gun and health.

World 6: was tricky because of the ice, and the boss is a harder form of world 2 boss.

World 7: You can either die really fast or get lost. Either way this sucks.

World 8: No room for mistakes or it's all over.

I think you're given 3 lives and 3 continues. No save points and the world maps are like RPG maps. God this game was great.

PandaX

Smash Lord
For the record. The Mini-Fridge is back on sale!!!! It's 100 bills like last time. It's in temple city (Near Alhambra)

IM me if you're interested and i'll shedule an arrangement.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

PandaX said:
For the record. The Mini-Fridge is back on sale!!!! It's 100 bills like last time. It's in temple city (Near Alhambra)

IM me if you're interested and i'll shedule an arrangement.
when u mean 100 bills do u mean 100 bucks? how nice is it. I might want a fridge if i go off to college who knows. Also

on the side note my bday is on march 27th but champ combo is this saturday so i cannot hold it on the day of champ combo. Im curious should i HOld it on april 1st or not? It is after all april fools hmmm.

PandaX

Smash Lord
It's a nice fridge, it just needs to fasten one of the pegs. Fits 4 full gallons of milk, can compartment, produce compartment, and a bread compartment. I'll take a picture and put it on my phone.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright guys

Im deciding to hold my bday on april 1st so if you normally attend our bi weeklies and want to show up at my bday your more or so welcomed too. You dont have to get me a gift if you dont want to but i do want help with food. So im requesting everyone bring 7 to 10 bucks worth of food k thanks all and i hope a lot of u attend. Also umm help with tvs and cubes we might just hold a tourney too just for the hell of it or just free plays or crews.

Zenith

Smash Ace
I can help

Alright, me and my partner will be there. We might not bring our GC and TV this time.

So it will be a tourney or only free play, crews I don't know.

I can bring over $20 of food. Everybody just let me know in advance what you like and if a 14 year old can get it, I can get it.

Seriously, I can bring a lot.

NAZN HNR

Smash Cadet
how about... more of the bun rolls with meat inside eh?

ill try to bring my tv this time... and tyr will bring his gc as usuall..

Maybe some poker... some N 64... Some Mario Party... Woot I can only dream haha

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Not only do we need to celebrate Mike's birthday, but also his high placing at Champ Combo through all the TOUGH competition. Good job taking out Isai!

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I will try my best to make it this time.

BTW, on DD3 i got to Egypt and it was horrible. The ninja guy i was using got droped to the spikes and died. When i got to the mummies my health was really low but i did end up beating them. By the time i got to Cleopatra, i had one bar left with Billy so i was slammed to a wall and died. Man, i didn't get a chance to land a hit on that *****.

How much more is there to the game after you defeat her?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

Ultra Luigi said:
I will try my best to make it this time.

BTW, on DD3 i got to Egypt and it was horrible. The ninja guy i was using got droped to the spikes and died. When i got to the mummies my health was really low but i did end up beating them. By the time i got to Cleopatra, i had one bar left with Billy so i was slammed to a wall and died. Man, i didn't get a chance to land a hit on that *****.

How much more is there to the game after you defeat her?
thats it, after u beat her done its over. lol.

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'll try to make thsi for sure. I don't ahve any big exam so it should be alright. I'll probably be bringing dollars burger or maybe pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom