• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arash

Smash Lord
simna n crew - as for the ride i meant it for saturday.. calling me was so i didn't forget. also, as mike said, if you only wanna play friendlies then you probably wouldn't like going anyway, as we do tourney matches til tvs free up (count on after 4 pm for friendlies)...

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
I won't be able to make it :( work>smash, I think Hugo might not be able to make it either for the same reason. :(
edit: **** the crew isn't complete for the crew battles :ohwell:

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
ThomaSexy said:
Wait. So the next bi-weekly is on Sunday? I just wanted to make sure I read right.

Sorry THE BIWEEKLY IS ON SATUREDAY THE 2nd!!

mike Made a mistake in posting

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE... that means tommorrow!!

BTW PLEASE BRING TV's AND CUBES IF YOU CAN!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
man

i recommend omar on team west coast after todays bi weekly. Hes got stamina and played crazy he would benefit our team as for the bi weekly good stuff i had tons of fun hope to see more at the next biweekly this saturday. :p

boou28

Smash Cadet
LA California. Silver Lake...Its around griffith p
thanks again

thanks once again for letting us chill at your place mike/ken/jenny/helen, this biweekly was the most fun for me jus cause i felt more relaxed cause im gettin used to the atmosphere. ill definitely be back for more next week! o if you liked samurai champloo check out basilisk...pretty good animation (if you're usin bt you can find the torrent at http://www.baka-updates.com). cya all later

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
What about team results? I forgot already but I think it was like this:

1st Ken and Mike
2nd Arash and Omar
3rd Trebor and ThomaSexy

Okay, shout out time:

Mike: Congrats on first and thanks again for another awesome bi-weekly.

Ken: Thanks for calling me and letting me know the bi-weekly was on Saturday and not Sunday. And thanks for waiting for me to arrive before starting.

Helen: Thanks for setting up brackets, collecting money, and calling out names. Everyone seems to forget how much you contribute to these bi-weeklies.

Arash: You didn't get to rest on me this week but we only played against each other in teams but I was actually paying attention this time. I could see you crouching and I knew what that meant so I was more careful. Hehe.

Pedro: Good seeing you again. Your Gannondorf is CrAzy! Oh wait. You weren't there.

Omar: Props to you. My favorite match of the day was you Vs. Trebor. And I agree with Mike that you should be on Team West Coast at FC.

Trebor: Good teaming with you in teams. You probably didn't expect much from me since I'm not well-known across the nation but we took it to 3rd. Not bad seeing as how we never teamed before. Oh, and close match in singles. In the 3rd round people were whispering "Thomas is beating Trebor" but then you took the lead and beat me. Oh soooo close. Good game.

Wolf: Wolf & Thomas > Ken & Gabe. Maybe we should team together in teams. I didn't think we would beat them that consistantly except for that one double Fox match but that was our only loss. Then we won the final match, which was another double Fox.

If I forgot anyone else, I'm sorry. I'll see you next time.

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again for a great bi-weekly. Melee FC3 is coming up, so...it's good to get lots of practice in...I think I can say 8 matches continuously in a row is pretty good practice...I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Trevyn: Nice seeing you. Hope you had fun at the Anime Expo. or whatever, hahah...see you next week?

Trebor: Really cool to see you from way up in NorthCal. I'm glad we got to play. We had some good matches. I'll see you and the rest of DBR at Melee FC.

Nick: Didn't play you at all, but, you seem like a really cool guy. It was nice meeting you...see you again sometime, perhaps.

Thomas: What's up man. A pleasure, and good matches, as always. I'll see you next saturday, if you make it...and thanks for the support for Team West Coast and all.

Helen and Jenny: You guys are always too cool and funny. Great seeing you both on saturday, and hopefully see you at the next one as well.

Yosh: Good times dude...good times. This saturday was the last that I'll see of you at Ken's house for now, since you're going home. But, we shall meet again! Lol it's been fun. I'm glad I managed to make the two bi-weeklies that were hosted while you were staying there. Omg we finally played! It wasn't supposed to happen...but, it's okay. Maybe it was for the better hahah. Well, take care man. Ttyl.

Arash: Thanks a lot for teaming with me man. We'll have to discuss the FC3 doubles deal more in detail soon. We'll definitely have to practice before we go, also. I wasn't very used to playing with a Jiggly-I could of done better, but, hey, we got second. That's not bad. I'll talk to you about it soon.

Mike: Thanks a bunch for hosting another bi-weekly. Ah...you took me out. I had a good lead, but, I guess I just lost it...good matches. They were really close. Nice job on 2nd place, just like last time. See you next week, hopefully, and thanks for suggesting me for the WC Team. I'm honored. We'll see what happens at Melee FC3, I suppose...probably a lot of good people competing for those last few spots. I'll do my best.

Ken: Welcome back from GS2, hahah. Nice work out there. Didn't expect any less, of coure. It was good to see you again. Thanks for letting us come over. Ugh...when we played in Loser's finals...I wasn't ready for the beating your Marth gave me... I couldn't keep up... You were a million steps ahead of me every second of the way. It's always nice to have a reminder of what true, awesome skill is, yet I enjoyed every match we played...hopefully I can make it to the bi-weekly next week for more preparation for FC3. What better way to train then to play the best of the best. Thanks again.

Wolf, Gabe: The crew. You guys know the deal. Good times.

Hugo, Jose: Come to the next one if you can. It's never the same without you guys.

Glad everyone else that came could make it. It's always nice seeing familiar/new faces.

Make sure you guys come to the next one!

Well, hope I didn't forget anyone...later.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
lol blow (omar) and his long *** shout outs... no matter how small a tournament.

but ya thanks a lot ken mike helen jenny for letting us chill with you all, you guys are ****ing cool. Good to see you george (horhay) have a safe trip back an hope to see you again soon. Arash, revenge tastes sweet I bet. Next week our entire crew will hopefully be there.. SuperFriends in full force!! :chuckle:

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Omg...where WAS I during the finals...Lol...well, pardon my error. Congratulations on 1st Mike, and nice work on 2nd Ken! =P

Charoo

Smash Champion
wait so there's going to be one this upcoming saturday?

If there is... SWEET

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
If anyone was wondering, simna couldn't go to the biweekly because nobody in teamscape wanted to go...except simna, who didn't go because...I forgot why, but it made sense. I got to meet/play simna at AX, but we couldn't actually play 1v1 matches...we had to do 4 player free for alls, and hope that we both had the same ammount of stock to fight on a fair field...which naturally we didn't...oh well.

anyway, congrats mike...finally besting the 12th best in the nation. lol :D

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Hey guys just one question, have your biweeklies been getting smaller or what? I mean people going there to practice because from the previous posts it seems that way.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
its only

well its only 5 for singles and 5 for doubles but we make u enter both because its dumb just to come for singles. We start doubles first so the people who just enter singles just sit around or watch matches which is lame. We now want people to enter both or we dont let them enter. In addition ten bucks every other week isnt hard to pull off if u got a job, or u can save a dollar a day or something.

d9rkn1ght

Smash Rookie
i think the biweekly was great this time ^_^ even with the loss, i finally see where i rank up :embarrass thanks again guys for hosting this and good luck at FC (which i will not be able to attend... ever :ohwell: ) newho lookin forward to smashin with all of u again ^_^

-Paul
a.k.a. the godfather... lol

boou28

Smash Cadet
thanks

hey jus wanted to say thanks mike,ken,jenny,helen and everyone else. this was the best biweekly yet. i learned alot, talked with some new people, and had fun. next time hopefully we'll have a name for our "crew". i think im gettin better. hope ya all have a good time at melee FC. ill be practicing till next time. cya

Straight

Smash Journeyman
Results:
1. Ken
2. Hugs
3. Tavo
4. Blow
5. Straight and Paul

Lots of fun today. Pretty big tournout this time around. Thanks Jenny,Mike, Helen and ken for letting us chill at your house ( and for letting gay *** hugo enter like 2 hours late :dizzy: ). Gus and Pedro... man you guys never lose your skills, how the **** do you do it. Paul, son and alfonso, good times today you guys are really cool to chill with. Everyone else you guys are crazy cool too :) see most of you guys later this week, in ****ing indiana! Peace out

-Gabe

manacloud1

Smash Champion
fun stuff

hey thanks for comming guys, it wouldnt be the same without most of u. See super friends at melee fc you guys are all ready to show us action. For the rest there are still bi weeklies going on and its now tougher than ever so hope to see you all there, boou we need to hang out more heh.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I can sum up this bi-weekly in 3 words: too much fun! I've been working sooooooo hard to bring my skill up to everyone else's and I think I'm finally up there again. What do you think? I really enjoyed that crew battle even though my team was just the leftovers that no one wanted. That was still a heck of a lot of fun and now I'm dying to play more crew matches like that. Heck, I'm even up for it today if anyone is up for it. You got me addicted now.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double-post but do they still have MLG in LA? That's the only major tourney I've ever been to and I can't find any info on it. Did it already pass? Or is it not even happening this year? I wish they'd have more major tournaments here in CA because I would like to face some of these smashers that I always hear about but can't travel to face. But yeah, does anyone know about MLG?

S.EA

Smash Rookie
I believe MLG LA is on Sept 24-25. Sunday (25th) is the Western Conference Championships. I could be wrong but thats what I think the dates are :confused:

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good bi-weekly ^_^ my internet was down for a week >_<

Everyone has gotten so much better its scary lol See you guys at FC3/next biweekly.

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, once again to Ken, Mike, and Helen for another great bi. The Crew matches were so fun, hopefully next time our crew will be there. :ohwell:

I really enjoyed that crew battle even though my team was just the leftovers that no one wanted.
I wouldn't call us leftovers, we were more or less a patchwork crew. :)

Good luck to everyone attainding FC3! Make SoCal proud.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Congratulation to all the So Cals at Melee FC3.

I guess now that Melee FC3 is over no more bi weekly?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
sorry dudes

this saturday's bi weeklies cancel because we are on vacation to vegas. So the 23rd bi weekly will be changed to the 30th and everything else will be going on from that order. August 13th, august 27th , etc etc.

boou28

Smash Cadet
Woot

congrats to all the socalers that were at fc3! haha im glad these biweeklies are still goin on they're like my break from school. been playin a bit..but summer school has priority so i might suck. it'll be nice to see everyone again though. ill be looking forward to learning more about asian history/world economy of course haha jk. dude we should all hang out sometime after school starts up again. thatd be pretty awesome. cya all sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom