• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westeros Mafia - Night 6 - ENDGAME - THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ughhhhhhhh

I’m sorry about this Moydow. I ended up figuring it out nearing the end but it feels like an empty victory since we really should have known about your soldiers prior.

@Red Ryu, I will speak to you tonight. A lot of our actions hinges on the true nature of Moydow’s role.
Yeah. There's a lot about how it was handled that I don't like. If it was similar to Vaan's role where the White Walkers existed as an actual faction that just had their own win condition, and not as a false member of an actual house who had no reason to believe I was anything other than their ally, then I think it would have been a little better.

If there's anything you want to know, ask. Makes no difference to me any more.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh wait, Moydow is going to have to be killed, so this is far from over. Bleagh.

Hummmm
I won't put up any resistance, and nobody is going to defend me (technically I can use Shish as a bodyguard, but I was never going to ask him to use that anyway since obviously it entails him dying again and being removed from the army of the dead). The best solution is probably for everyone to just call a truce and all use their kill actions on me, then you can get on with the actual game tomorrow.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah having the Night King as a fake member is kinda bad, but overall this game has gone much better than Animafia so good job, Wolfie.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I was wrong, I do want to say more about it now.

The spirit of mafia is to muddle through the setup and to not know what the mod has intended. Not knowing what to expect with a big and ambitious setup, I for one kept a healthy dose of suspicion of my own housemates, as I do in a mafia faction in all other games. I can understand if that's not true of everyone, but it should be, after this game.

Numerous trackers and watchers are in the game to spot the dead people, and Cori's revive would likely have failed had he targeted one of the Wights, and there were flavour gifs that everyone suspected were meaningful. And then there's simply the possibility of catching the Night King in a lie. There are a lot of ways to catch this faction that are designed into the game, and it is a real shame to see the trigger get pulled when the faction's inclusion was presumably doing exactly what it was meant to do, create dissent and confusion amongst allies.

Maven89

Smash Master
I think the faction was cool, I think giving us a role PM that was fake wasn’t. Even if Moydow had flipped as the night king I would have assumed someone had a role to fake PMs

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I guess I'll throw in one of my quick post game thoughts too. All of the remaining teams had 3 players. I don't have suggestions yet because I haven't had much time to think about it but in a similar set up, the two person teams might not to be tweaked. The one person team was overpowered as hell though :laugh:

Maven89

Smash Master
I guess I'll throw in one of my quick post game thoughts too. All of the remaining teams had 3 players. I don't have suggestions yet because I haven't had much time to think about it but in a similar set up, the two person teams might not to be tweaked. The one person team was overpowered as hell though :laugh:
My team had 2

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Eh, I'll just give my opinion now since it's still relevant.

Back in the day, a little over 9 years ago, there was a role that was created called "Rogue" that was banned in decisive games pretty much forever. Basically, the role is an independent serial killer that is disguised as a member of the mafia. The actual members of the mafia are told by the mod that the rogue is a member of the mafia. They are never given a reason to believe that the serial killer is one of their own.

Original role post:

I know I should put all roles, let me put this one out first...

You are Zelda, Princess of the Hyrule lands. You seem to pick up the same habbit as another princess from a far away land: sending a guy to do your dirty work. Unlike her, you can defend yourself moderately. You are one of the bearers of the Triforce, which in your hands, ‘wisdom.’ Maybe it’s because you’re not kidnapped every so often.

You are a Serial Killer code named, ‘The Rouge.’ While you are a SK, you are considered in everyone else’s eyes, a Mafia. (and as such, attend Mafia chat rooms) Unless lynched, killed, or another special condition. Because you are an SK, you have your own separate kill. However, if you target one of your Mafia Bretherins, there is a chance that you may give yourself away (for percentage and such, PM or IM me). You win when both Mafia and Townies are rid of. Your ‘partners’ are Peach (Handorin), Samus (Ronike), and Vivian (Mediocre).

------------------

Basically, Tom had a special role. One that is like a traitor, but in SK form. Apparantly, his job is to be the sole survivor, like any other SK. While he said his alignment was Mafia, he was actually working solo. He has the ability to go inside Mafia chat rooms. To everyone, he was a Mafia in their eyes, unless he was investigated role wise.

While he may seemed powerful, there was a set back. Depending on how many Mafias are left, if he tried to attack one, there could be a chance his idenity could be shown, as well as alignment. He failed a clean cut with Ronike, so hints on him was shown. However, since there was 3 Mafias at the time, it was vague, yet still a target on him somewhat.

I gave this role to Tom before the game was halfway made. I needed someone smart in order to use this role to his full potiential, and he was the guy.

so please, if ya are angry at me, I'm sorry -_-

I'll be posting up other roles soon. Just thought I get the important one out the way.

EDIT: Kay fine, Mafia won 2nd place. While they won the condition, they didn't survive. Zelda still holds the medal LOL

In the aftermath of the game that this role was used, it was pretty much banned forever.

Why I bring this up: it should be clear to everyone at this point that the Night King is some kind of independent serial killer cultist thing, and perhaps a marker as well (he targeted Disfunk and nothing happened, and somehow Shish is a White Walker despite presumably being killed by Vaan), based on what we know of public information. We also know that Shish flipped as a genuine Targaryen (assuming there is no more bastardry left). I'm inclined to believe Maven that he was not aware that Moydow's role was a lie in their shared PM.

As far as "the spirit of mafia" is concerned, in my opinion, and let me reiterate that this is strictly my opinion, the spirit of mafia focuses on analysis of relationships to solve the mystery of the set up. It's to piece together who the bad guys are while the bad guys are trying to manipulate the information in circulation to kill the townies. The role PM in general should be considered sacred and an irrefutable truth, because if it isn't, how can any of us even trust our own roles or the roles of our partners? Mafia is supposed to be about the informed vs. the uninformed. Roles like the Rogue and the Night King turn the game into the uninformed vs. the misinformed vs. the actually informed. Which, depending on who you talk to, might say it's not a bad thing, but the prevailing sentiment is that it's not so great because it really ruins the experience of the misinformed who had built up camaraderie based on a lie that was supposed to be mod-confirmed to be true.

I'm still having fun even though my House's relationships took a massive beating as a result from it, but I think a notice needs to be given as to whether or not a game has bastardry in it for future reference. If you don't know if it has bastardry in it, run it by me or some of the established players here. One of us can take a seat back while we look over a set up to ensure that it's fair. I'm gonna be pretty busy anyway and I love to spectate as you guys know.

No disrespect to the mods intended.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Also, call me an opportunist but why not create a tie and cause a double down? Seems like a waste to only use this phase to get rid of one of Moydow's lives.

I'm just going to leave this here
vote:nabe

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, call me an opportunist but why not create a tie and cause a double down? Seems like a waste to only use this phase to get rid of one of Moydow's lives.

Literally spit out my sweet moscato that I spent good money on because it's my birthday when I read this.

You know, you may have a point. :awesome:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Honestly I have to agree with you, sister

Unvote
Vote Nabe

BarDulL

Town Vampire
BarDulL BarDulL though why are all three of you pretending that you've independently come to the idea of lynching me today
I will invite you to the House Stark PM after this is all over, and you will know our camaraderie was not false. Our camaraderie was broken as a result of Moydow's role.

In moments like this, I wouldn't lie to you, but they came to this decision on their own. I will not be voting for you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nah. Cori will revive me toNight, he gave his word on his honour.
What do you want me to do, confess that we both got nervous when that Shish result came up? That I started to not trust you when you kept pushing for me to not roleblock Holder despite Holder swearing vengeance upon my House? Combined with you deliberately watching Holder probably for the sake of discovering who my team's roleblocker was, and subsequently revealing that information publicly and insinuating Arya Stark could somehow wear dead masks which isn't true? And there's those mechanically bizarre gifs and messages the mod was posting, can you blame me for thinking that they were artificial and player-driven? Don't deny that you were dreadfully suspicious of us as well.

Yes, I did swear I would bring you with me on my honor under the conditions that we were in a straight forward Team FFA, but the game state dramatically changed when that Shish visit appeared. It became apparent to me that something was dreadfully wrong. This game was no longer just a Team FFA. It isn't even a Team FFA, because the White Walkers likely cannot win with anyone else. This is a Team vs. other teams vs. Misinformed Team vs. informed freak SK Cultist Marker set up.

You can be upset with me all you want, but you know I'm not the one you should be upset at. You know exactly who or what I'm referring to.

Top Bottom