• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western New York Upcoming Tournies/Smashfests

Shiri

Smash Chump
Don't Worry...

:beezo: I'm not that good, either. ^_^ But THANK YOU for posting interest. If you we don't ever officially get anything going (which BETTER NOT HAPPEN o_0 ), then you guys are always welcome to smash with me and my group. Well, it's not MY group, but you know what I mean. Don't worry, we play nice. ^_^ But yeah, just PM me with some info like where you guys live and how many friends are in your group or whatnot. Hope to smash with you soon!

On another note...I'm really not going to make the very rash assumption that nobody wants to come play. I'm thinking people just haven't been coming back to this thread. x_x If you see anyone that used to come here that doesn't anymore, please let them know that if they want to attend a smashfest, that this thread has made the time window and space for it. All we need is interest and televisions...along with GameCubes, copies, cards, and enthusiasm.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Okay...

:beezo: I didn't wanna have to do this, but...

I think my Mr. Game and Watch is the king of Western New York. o_o

Okay, that was pretty bad, but seriously, midterms just finished and there's quite a gap until finals week hits at the end of February. We can really get something going if pepople wanna. Please?

By the way...I will be at EGS on Monday. There's a certain someone there that I have to MAUL. If anyone else would like to catch it, please feel free to stop by the SAU Cafeteria from 8 to 11.

metaknight55

Smash Rookie
Hye can anyone fill me in on when teh next tournament will be? I live in the suburbs of buffalo and I am very interested in attending any smash fest you may be holding in the rochester area, as well as any other near by communtities. I will also be able to bring 4 friends with me to almost any tournament so please PM me or just reply with some info. Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me info.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Byargh!

:beezo: Just so you guys know...we've got TONS of free time here in Rochester. Finals are a couple weeks away, so we've got a lot of spare time on our hands. Don't have us waste it on Halo 2. Please post if you wanna play with us. Thanks. o_o

Shiri

Smash Chump
Best Times?

:beezo: Friday nights. Saturday nights. Sunday afternoons. When you wanna come, let me know so you can get either 1] directions to RIT and/or 2] directions from the RIT entrance to Unity House, where I and my group of friends play. There are also other smashers on campus who may or may not be willing to introduce themselves to you.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
i was there for a tour around the college in october but unfortuatley i dont remember too much. kubuu says he will be gone for the weekend so i will wait for him to get back, maybe next fri night or sat night.
-tim
*edit
finally, it looks like we might get a local place to have a descent sized tourney but the rules that this kid suggests are so gay and apparentley he thinks that he is in charge

Shiri

Smash Chump
That's Fine...

:beezo: We can wait. Heaven knows that's all we've been doing lately. >_< Anyway, we should wait until Kubuu gets back. I wanna see how MLG DC goes anyway.

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
If someone wants to make the trip down the Wellsville for a day, I'll hold a couple people. We'll eat pizza/play smash all day. Whole day smashfest. I've been to Genessee/Buffalo and that was quite fun.

Or do I have to make another trip :o

Oh I also have Naruto 3 now, so if anyone plays that we can throw down in that also

Shiri

Smash Chump
Oh NOOES!

:beezo: Ino rocks! Anyway, hopefully we can organize something soon.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
This thread may require some organization if people really wanna put something together. As for me, I only get to the Rochester area twice a week, cause I work at a Family Center in Mt. Hope, which is 5 mins. away from U of R. If any of you set something up around Friday nites, around 7-ish, then I'm more than down for that. You RIT guys would be more knowledgeable as to how far away U of R is from you, and if it's not that far, then expect me there sometime soon. I am totally rusty now, but I wouldn't mind refreshing my skyllz with some new competition. If you guys set something soon, drop a line on this thread...

lionheart1

Smash Ace
a local gaming place by me is going to throw a tourney soon, so we know that this will happen. as far as going to rit if sunday, next week, what time would be the best for us to get there?
-tim

Shiri

Smash Chump
Friday Nights, Sunday Afternoons...

:beezo: Okay. Well, in response to Strata Razor's comment, we can arrange for some Friday Night BS (our group's nickname for all the stuff that happens during Smash on Fridays) after MLG DC is over and some of RIT's smashers get back. In response to Lionheart's question. Sunday probably would not be a good idea since, as you remarked earlier, it is the Super Bowl. And before anyone else says anything, yes, the Patriots WILL lose. o_o

Shiri

Smash Chump
Sure...

:beezo: Next weekend would be great as long as some unexpeceted schoolwork doesn't pop up. Fridays around...8 or so...in the evening and Saturdays...whenever...are really good. So stop by if any of you can. Be sure to let me know so I can get you directions to where we play. ^_^

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
First off, Pats suck total ballz, but that's off the subject. Anywayz, just set this thing off, and I'll be more than down for your Smash "BS." Just let me know if there's a definite Friday nite set-up sometime soon, and I'll be there...

Shiri

Smash Chump
Okay, so....

:beezo: Can we all agree to...next Friday at eight o'clock? If enough people are coming, I can get a room reserved. I can't guarantee televisions, but it shouldn't be so many that we can't survive if we're less a TV or two. But yes, now is the time. Please post interest! Thanks!

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Aight, this sounds more coherent. Friday at 8 sounds pretty good. Well, you already have me as somebody coming, but are there any other people coming? If there's a decent turnout for this thing, then I'm definitely there. If not, I don't know. Let's get some responses, people...

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Another semester, another season when this thread starts going downhill. Well, let me just congratulate Kubuu in his showing at MLG. Had I the funding and/or the time, I might have shown up there, probably to get my butt handed to me by a 7-yr. old phenom. Anywayz, Kubuu's one of the best to represent my hometown of NYC, so a player of his calibur is rare in these parts (no offense, Western NY). If any of your are interested in smashing with a real pro, get in contact with that dude. He's good...

Shiri

Smash Chump
I know...

:beezo: I can bring at least three friends on Friday. I'll also try to get in touch with some other RIT smashers to see if they wanna come.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Hmmm...

:beezo: Well, since Lionheart can't make it this Friday and I've got big projects coming in, can we hold this off until next Friday? That can also give people more time if they need to get a hold of something like a TV **ahem** to bring along with a Cube.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Ah, So....

:beezo: Right. Next Friday it is. Tell as many people as you can. A big crowd is nice, but please don't forget that televisions and Cubes are very necessary. x_x

Shiri

Smash Chump
I Should...

:beezo: I should be able to bring five people. o_O Bring lots of people. Lots of fun. Just make sure you bring equipment, too. o_o;

Shiri

Smash Chump
That's it!

:beezo: We need more of that! Pride in your region! I can't say that I'll be Rochester's defender, but I'll do my best to rep RIT and U-House! Come get some, WNY!

metaknight55

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone Im a smasher from Buffalo and I was interested in teh tournament planned fo rteh 11th. Provided I get all teh details of whos hosting, where it is etc. I can almost definately attend. Its in Rochester right? Either way I still need some specific directions as to getting where I need to be. Either PM me, reply or instant message me; my screen name for AOL/AIM is blackmage751. Please respond asap due to the fact that this tourny isnt very far away time wise.

Top Bottom