• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westchester county, NY tourney, pocho tourney

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, there's gonna be a tourney in Port chester,Westchester County NY. Its going to be held at my friends shack, 8 hawthorne place. Singles are 10 and doubles cost 10. Everybody is welcomed, and no techs are banned. If you can, bring your own Wii, so far we might have three. The levels will be neutral, no bs levels like rainbow cruise or anything of the sort. There will be cash prizes.

It's at June 14th at 4:00pm, depending how many people show up. Its a Saturday. Any questions regarding the tourney, you can contact me at 914-439-6101. The best time to contact me is after 12:00PM everyday. If you want directions on how to get here, PM me or just call me. Thx

If anyone wants to help set-up, it would be much aprreciated. Everyone should bring there own controllers and wii. And if you can, a tv would be nice. Also, space is limited this time around. 25-30 max, but its negotiable if more show up. So if you wish to participate just post it here or PM me.

Address:8 Hawthorne Place, Rye Brook NY, 10573

Prizes: 1ST 65%, 2ND 30%, 3RD 10% (cash)
Venue= $5

Stages

Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Lylat cruise, Halbred, Yoshi Island

Counter picks
Delfino plaza, luigis mansion, bridge of eldin, summit, norfair, frigate orpheon, castle siege,
pokemon stadium 1, yoshi's island, brinstar, greenhill zone, spear pillar (only with plakia or dialga), green greens, pirate ship, temple,

Other stages are banned. If you guys want to unban a stage, just posst it and give a fair arguement

Standard tourney rules

ICs infinite is banned

The tournament will be double elimination.

Seedings will be random

Best 2 out of 3, finals are best 3 out of 5.

3 stock.
8:00 time limit.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Ties are broken by lives, then percentage, if these are the same... match restarts with one stock.

First stage is random (random is set on neutrals)

Each person may strike one stage for the entire set after the initial characters have been chosen.

No stage may be played twice.

Double blind character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.

Team attack on

Life stealing allowed

Items off

Schedule

4:oopm starts Brawl singles

6:00PM or after singles starts Brawl doubles

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm considering coming if it is on the 31st, but the rules are kind of iffy. Why not just use standard tourney rules?

phish-it

Smash Champion
I might be able to come on the 31st. But those are some strange rules there.

Honestly, how is Rainbow Cruise considered a 'BS' level while Port Town, Pictochat and Pirate Ship aren't? Atleast Rainbow Crusie doesn't Kick your *** like those stages.

Also isn't 6 stock a little too much for a match? That is, unless you want to finish on time...

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
We can make it standard tourney rules. These were my friends rules. And those levels were his idea, I'll change it though if people complain.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah, please change it to the standards, and make it 3-stock. I'm not necessarily able to go but good rules would give me more motivation to get the day off.

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet
oh what?! Nice. I would go but this weekend I am working nonstop I can't make it. If it was the 31st I wouldn't make it either 21st bday is monday will be gone the entire week haha.

If you're doin another one I'd gladly come down. I go to school in pleasantville and I know 1 or 2 people in my area who play.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yo HOHO, ive been tryin to get at you on aim, but you never on. if you need someone for early set-up, im in no doubt. hit me up whenever 914-879-0324, thats my cell. ill be glad to help for anything, i just wanna eat at biltmore first haha. iight man dont hesitate to call me, i wanna play some melee too like i told you before. iight bro peace

NéNé

Smash Rookie
hey i live in chappaqua and a friend and I would definitely come if its on the 31st!! also change to standard rules please!

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i'l change the rules if people dont like them. And yeah were gonna have more tournies in the future. So far its jus today n next saturday. But there will be one in early june as well. If alot of people come then we could hold one every saturday and the prizes will be much better.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Dang if I come to this on the 31st I'll be around 2 hours late. That should make me in time for either singles or doubles though, right? Can you post a tentative schedule soon?

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
O f course bubbles. We actually had alot yesterday but not many people came. So if i dont have at least 25 people coming, then idk if the tourney is gonna happen. But yeah, if you want to bring mary jane, your more than welcomed too. XD.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
A lot more people would show interest if the tournament was promoted properly, aka better ruleset (and more details) in the first post and also maybe an alternate thread in the Atlantic North board.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am trying to map quest were it is to see if it is close enough for me to come to but i don't seem to be able to find it.

can you tell me the street,city,and zip code so i can see just how far it is. thank you

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Yeah there'll be some melee. Sorry I haven't gotten to change the rules or include more details. I've been busy lately. Hopefully I'll try and get it done tomorrow. OTG you go to Purchase? I hate purchase cops, they busted us when we're chilling in the parking lot. I'll try to organize everything as soon as possible guys.

Sorry N.A.G.A.C.E, the town is Rye Brook, which is like a block away from Port Chester. And that block so happens to be my friends house. So its 8 Hawthorne Place, Rye Brook. Sorry for that mistake.

And as for the icies chain gab, its arguable. I'm going to run a few test and find out if it should be banned.

Jona, your alright in melee. Your falcon is beast, but thats it. You kinda suck with the other characters, especially mewtwo. I think we need a rematch, your falcon versus my ganon and mewtwo.

otg

Smash Master
Yeah there'll be some melee. Sorry I haven't gotten to change the rules or include more details. I've been busy lately. Hopefully I'll try and get it done tomorrow. OTG you go to Purchase? I hate purchase cops, they busted us when we're chillin in the parking lot. I'll try to organize everything as soon as possible guys.

Sorry N.A.G.A.C.E, the town is Rye Brook, which is like a block away from Port Chester. And that block so happens to be my friends house. So its 8 Hawthorne Place, Rye Brook. Sorry for that mistake.
Some of the Purchase cops are ok, it's the Harrison cops you need to watch out for. Do you go to Purchase? Where is this located in comparison to the Port Chester train station?

Also, for the Brawl tourney are ALL chaingrabs banned or just Icies? I dont see how you could ban chaingrabbing when it's so important for a few characters (Falco, DDD). It essentially destroys certain characters chances at victory. I understand you would want to ban wobbling and anything unfair but this seems too far.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Falco and DDD are great without the chain grabs, it doesn't really destroy the chances of them winning. Its also pretty unfair for the dk mains to fight a chain grabbing DDD. If anything, we'll allow one chain grab per player. Oh and the Harrison cops are *******s, but we never seem to be bothered by them. Its the Purchase cops that took our booze and pot. *******s.

And purchase is right next to port chester. Maybe like 15 minutes or so. If anything I can pick you up if your at purchase. Just tell me when.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
chaingrabs are not the problem infinite grabs are what i think you mean to ban, chaingrabs after a certain dmg you can di out of chaingarbs but like the name says infinite grabs can go on forever no matter the dmg

i am not sure if i will/can come since this week i am looking for a summer job
also how many people do you think will come?

otg

Smash Master
chaingrabs are not the problem infinite grabs are what i think you mean to ban, chaingrabs after a certain dmg you can di out of chaingarbs but like the name says infinite grabs can go on forever no matter the dmg

i am not sure if i will/can come since this week i am looking for a summer job
also how many people do you think will come?
Yeah, the DDD infinite is hard to do consistently and only works on a few characters, and Falco's only works on a few characters to certain percents. They are escapable and to ban them limits an already very limited game in terms of approach and skill. Just my two cents though.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
Yeah I wuz dere on da 24th beatin Hoho's *** wit DK. Everybody try to come yo I'm so eager to play.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
But who beat you with samus? Exactly, I thought so. BEAT YOUR ASSS1!! Besides, i was mad high so i couldn't play so well. And i beat you with sonic.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yo jose, i think we need to make it melee/brawl. if the guy that said hes bringing his crew brings his crew, and there good at melee, there gonna wanna play melee. i prefer melee over brawl anyday. one tv melee, one brawl. i think that would make it awesome.

NéNé

Smash Rookie
ok i just want something clarified. A bunch of people are saying they want to play melee and im not against that its just that if me and my friend come we're there for brawl and i don't want the tourny to get lengthened or slowed because between matches people are playing melee. Also its going to be $10 for singles and $10 each for doubles right?

Oh and about the chain grabbing, it should be legal. some characters need it and it isn't inescapable. the infinites are bull but they do exist and i have mixed feelings about banning them. Infinite grabs do require timing and practice and to be a proficient grabber with the I.C. takes practice. They may make certain characters overpowered but certain characters are cheap with no practice. banning chain grabbing would be like telling a metaknight player that up-b's for finishing, d-smashes, and neutral airs are banned and if they do one they forfeit the match. None of my characters chain grab (i think lol) infinite grab or are metaknight so it doesn't really affect me. but its just my two cents

woo smash tourny near chapp!

otg

Smash Master
Well.... if you want to talk about semantics, chances are both Melee tournaments will take less time than the Brawl tournaments... just because of how long Brawl rounds last. I can bring a TV and a gamecube as well if your afraid of not having enough tiem.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Please do not ban chaingrabs or the infinite grab combos. They should be fine as long as they aren't used to stall. Banning them makes the tournament look extremely scrubby. Look what happened in Texas....

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
True, as long as they don't stall the match, then go for it. But don't do it often. As for this Saturday idk if its gonna happen kuz I have to go Jersey. Its postponed til the 7th or 14th. Or it can be both dates, I'm not gonna be busy those two days. You guys decide which date benefits you the most.

I'm really busy right now but I'm trying to get back and post the rules. Because of the tourney being postponed, anyone that arrives early gets half off. It's gonna be at 4 pm. We can change the time to if anyone has problems with it. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but family comes first and then brawl. Oh, and we need 25 people coming at least so the pot can get bigger. Tonight I'm going to my friends house and will discuss the rules there and I'll post it here. As for melee, If you guys want, after the brawl tourney we can have a melee tourney or friendlies.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Hmmm, well the 7th there Esticle in CT. I'm pretty sure we'd be able to show up the 14th if you can hold it then though.

NéNé

Smash Rookie
im not worried I just want to know what the specifics of this tournament will be. time, schedule, fees, prizes etc

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I forgot about esticle, I might just go to that to pay P.C. a visit. Also, post if your coming because we need 25 people minimum in order for everyone to get better prizes.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This somehow caught my attention. High chance that I can go to this. Just need directions and its a done deal :)

Also I may wanna do teams if I cant get my friend to go. So anyone one wanna team with a Peach?

otg

Smash Master
This somehow caught my attention. High chance that I can go to this. Just need directions and its a done deal :)

Also I may wanna do teams if I cant get my friend to go. So anyone one wanna team with a Peach?
If we're talking Melee, I'd be down to try teaming with peach, but that also depends on whether or not my friend comes. Still we could try some friendlies, I main multiple characters so I'm flexible.

Top Bottom