• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westchester county, NY tourney, pocho tourney

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
LoL, yeah but if people don't want to its fine. Last time jonadiaper didn't want to, so if it bothers someone then I guess we can hold it off til the break. Idk how much we're gonna have but we can always go buy sum more.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hmmm, i might be able to show up and bring some people along, it's not that far

so i'll see

wait, why can't teh winner change his character?

also, what stages are CP, and why can't the loser choose both a character and a stage?

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Jus changed sum stuff and added the stages. If you guys have a problem with the stages just tell me, I'm a flexible guy.

Also, my friend TDAP is now semi in charge kuz I might be going to florida. He's in charge of keepin you guys up to date and changing anything you guys want.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
YEoooo whattup. I'm kinda in charge now, so I will provide da final rules and all good stuff. any questions hit me up

TDAP

Smash Cadet
datzz fine. Everybody needs to bring TV's and Wii's. There is a little shack dat can fit some people but most will be outside. Its fine if u bring Melee and if u wanna make a mini tourney be my guest. Also its 5 dollars for venue. I'll post all da final finished rules soon.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
So far it's like this:

1v1 10 dollars per participant
2v2 5 dollars per teammate

Winners gets prizes as follows:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 20%
3rd place: EB Games Giftcard for $25

2v2's are the same prizes

Levels dat are legal are as follows:

1) final Destination
2) Battlefield
3) Yoshi's Island
4) Delfino PLaza
5) Lylat System
6) Smashville

All counter everything is on. Any levels are fine for counterpickin as long as ur opponent agrees to it.

Chain Grabs are illegal(Ice Climbers are arguable). We will have judges to watch you so no bull.

no picking levels twice in a row

I covered all da basics but datzz not da final anyone want changes post ur request.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Hold on TDAP, chaingrabs are allowed but not to often. It's going to limited to mayb once or twice a match per player. As for the ICs, no infinites. This also goes for D3. Its up to the judges to decide if its fair during the match.

As for melee, it can be after brawl or in between. It depends how many people wanna play brawl or melee. But it's really a brawl tourney, melee will just be on the sides for fun. Its up to you TDAP and Shawn to decide.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
no becuz some of da chaingrabs dat da ice climbers do u can gt out of. D3's and da others are juzz unfair. but iz everything else fine?

otg

Smash Master
no becuz some of da chaingrabs dat da ice climbers do u can gt out of. D3's and da others are juzz unfair. but iz everything else fine?
I think you have that backwards... you guys seem pretty noobish, but thats probably just because you've never hosted/been to a tournament before. Icies has a guaranteed infinite combo, that should be banned. DDD has an infinite on a few characters like Mario, Samus and DK, but that's probably about it.

Besides those two instances, chaingrabbing should be allowed unhindered. Most chaingrabs are situational and only work to a certain percent, so it's not a free stock. Plus depending on who you are playing, they probably have some way to get out of it (DI, Luigi can nair, etc). All I'm saying is that while you guys might not like chaingrabbing, it's no where near as gamebreaking as you make it seem to be, and if your main reason for banning it is that you main DK and your afraid of DDD doing the infinite to to you well.... thats the price you pay for maining DK? There are counterpicks in these games for a reason.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
since people wanna play both, we are having two tourneys. One for Melee and one for brawl. I talked it over with Hoho420 and he agrees. PAyin seperately.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
definetely this Saturday. Bring as much people as u can and bring a **** load of Wii's and TV's please

TDAP

Smash Cadet
This is supposed to be a Brawl Tournament. It's 10 dollars for Melee and da winnings are da same.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
General Rules

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4 *
* The time limit is set to a minimum of 90 seconds per stock **
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
*In the event of time constraints 3 stocks may be used
**120 seconds per stock should be considered high priority

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Stages: Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Final D
Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Lylat System

Any map is allowed as long as both players agree to it.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Oh, so a Melee tournament is definate now? By the way, the rules kind of contradict themselves for the counterpicks.

2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage
Any map is allowed as long as both players agree to it.
If thats the case, you can pretty much ban 30 stages if you wanted to.

otg

Smash Master
Phish-it, you and the Avalanche crew should come so I can get revenge for last year.

Once again details on the melee tournament? If you guys aren't going to follow through on this than I'm not sure if I'll bother coming.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Phish-it, you and the Avalanche crew should come so I can get revenge for last year.

Once again details on the melee tournament? If you guys aren't going to follow through on this than I'm not sure if I'll bother coming.
Yeah we should be coming, although work is a ***** and it'll kill me to do so...

phish-it

Smash Champion
Actually forget what I said, crew mates don't have money and im gonna be exhausted from standing up at work anyway.

TDAP

Smash Cadet
Yeah but wtf u guys ruined da whole point. It wuz supposed to be a brawl tourney not a fukkin melee tourney. whateva I"m playin brawl. yeah itz still on

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
werd ive never really gotten to play anyone good in melee and this seems like a good opportunity. anyone can be good in brawl, but whatever, i guess i can do both

TDAP

Smash Cadet
idk but yeoo wen we all meet up cud I copy all ur data for melee? I lost ma memory card and I found another one but I don feel like gettin everybody bakk

Top Bottom