• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
lolll i want to go now :( but a one way trip will take a full gas tank xd

sponsor me

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
30 bucks times two plus entry fee = mad money

and i need to come and go home the same day cause i have work i doubt anyone would like to do that with me LOL

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
maybe

if i get either saturday or sunday off

and i can get someone to cover my shift the other day

i got this

Kira-

Smash Champion
wow jkun makes it sound like i actually play other fighting games

in reality i have no desire to get good at anything other than smash, but i play them every once in awhile when everyone else is playing them

Actually i'm looking for a new/creative/innovative RPG that i havent played before. RPGs are still the best

and i havent played too many so throw some ideas out there

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Kira, go play Grandia 2 if you haven't already. The battle system is the most fun of any RPG. Actually I think Grandia Xtreme's is a little better, but 2's story and dialogue is vastly better.

Threads of Fate is fun/cute.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Kira play Xenogears! It's for the PS1.

Also, I don't know if you have but play Tales of Symphonia. The battles system is addicting as ****. That one's for the GC.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey kira play super smash apocalypse where freeza's final smash is to cut himself in half and say "UR JUST A MONKEY *****!!!!!"

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think Xenogears is absolutely amazing, but it's definitely not for everyone. It is very text-heavy. There are a LOT of random battles. My first run through the game took nearly 70 hours.

Let me talk about the tourney for a bit:

I want to tell everyone that on Saturday I met with some of the people that are going to be staff at this tourney, including onski the guy who got the venue and all that, and I think this tourney will be a success. Onski has his shit together and while he doesn't have a lot of experience, he's very aware of that fact and receptive to suggestions, and he's had to put in a lot of effort to even make sure this happened when he took it over from a bunch of 14 year olds who had no idea what they were doing. We are going to need some volunteers though to help us run this thing, cause as it stands we have 5 or 6 people, and we definitely need more, and I don't mean people who are like "yeah I'll call out matches or something when I don't feel like playing friendlies," I mean people actively dealing with setups, reporting matches, and beating the shit out of anyone that is trying to play friendlies. Once the bracket starts, there will be NO FRIENDLIES DURING THE TOURNAMENT UNLESS IT IS ANNOUNCED. We are going to have a piece of paper, and if you are caught playing friendlies, your name goes on it. If we catch someone playing friendlies whose name is on the list, they get one auto-loss in their bracket. I hope someone 'famous' is caught so we can prove how serious we are about this. Time is tight as hell and we need all of it to make this thing finish.

My current plan is this:

Take reg for Brawl doubles only first, begin its bracket, and then take reg for ALL OTHER events during the bracket. We will then switch setups to Melee as the bracket begins to need fewer TV's, and then start Melee doubles, and then Melee Singles. We will try to run those 3 events the first day. Melee singles may not finish, but whatever isn't, can be finished on the second day when the Brawl Singles bracket begins to need fewer TV's. The second day will be almost entirely Brawl Singles. We are going to make the Brawl Singles pools/brackets after the first day ends to save time (as well as decide if we actually have time for pools or not). The venue is open from 8am-8pm so you can damn well be sure we are starting Brawl singles mad early.

I am bringing my own TV for classic gaming and setting it up near the TO area. I don't want to lug around a bunch of systems though. I'm going to bring my NES and SNES, if someone could bring an N64/Genesis/whatever, that would be great. Also post any suggestions for games; I have many and will bring anything people desire if I have it. Leon and I will be epic battling in Tecmo Bowl. I'm pretty sure there's going to be some Pokemon Puzzle League going on as well.

Top Bottom