• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weruops first OFFLINE tourney!!!

Weruop

Smash Ace
I WON!

SSSoooooo this saturday my mom , my brother and I drove to tourney that wasnt very far away, and luckily, a lot of the best smashers i the state came

in the tourney i destroyed some kirby
then he host
theeeen i fought brdy and owned. in my first offline match vs him i 2 stoced his main, meta. oh baby. Duing this tourney set i 3 stocked his meta on cruie and maybe a lot of u can learn from it. hopefully it as recorded ( i think it was on the recording TV )
then i fought roughly the 8th best smasher in WA, Jamnt0ast and beat him ( ROB mainer )
then came the finale!
I had to fight the 3rd best in state. Valdens. a G&W.
i hope u enjoy. i made quite a few mistakes but i think thats normal for first tourney. hopefully i get even better with more turneys. sorry about broken keyboard.
-side notes- beat roghly 10h best in state. Praxis. a PEACH main. one of the best. in a 3dollar money mach
i also ***** the 5th best in state who mains and used snake.
wish me luck in the future! here are the videos.

!
!
!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShniPtcEBjs&feature=related
!
!
!

i felt kind of sorry for vald after 2nd match and he seemed kinda... i cant
find theword for it. but i was an idiot and unbannd cruise. lmao im too nice ;_;

( HOWCAN I EMBED THESE? )

!
!
!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leE6X7D_gKc&feature=related
!
!
!

CO18

Smash Hero
Did you win or get 2nd, couldnt tell from post and the links are all jumbled.

Good **** though weruop

Rocann

Smash Lord
that is not even a joke DAYSH. weruop I'm going to VGXPO in philly this weekend (basically e3) and I'm going to beast there with any luck

rofl especially because some of the better players in the area are gonna be at hurricane meta knight!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmm... good stuff.

At 5:04 first vid- you spiked his upb??? I thought it beat out Olimar's dair!

edit: second vid- nice stagespikes.

Not to take away from your victory, but after watching them, it looked like Valdens didn't know the matchup at all. You did though, so good for you. :)

use moar offensive upb!

Cook

Smash Master
Man, you are WAY more aggressive than me. I spam pivot grab too much, I need to work in more aerials.

magikguy

Smash Lord
valdens just let it happen lol. Nice matches though it is bull though that he got stage spiked twice that last match was his .

Weruop

Smash Ace
yep. as matches went on vald got more agressive and i didnt expect the bairs, and quite a few of them hit me. thanks foradvice and such. its always nice ater a first turney ^^

RichBrown

Smash Master
Good stuff man! You made a lot of the same moves I woulda made. Only thing I'd suggest is save your Uthrow and Bthrow, a lot of the time you were using it seemingly out of nowhere, and it came back to bite you later because the moves were stale. Not only that, but the Dthrow woulda led to combos. I can't believe valdens let himself get hit by the upB twice haha.

But yeah, like I said in the other topic, you need to change your name to Werape.

Awex

Smash Lord
yah the early uthrows were a little weird to me.

But dang, good **** dude. Incomplete nair combos are **** incarnate. ;D

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought for sure you've been doing offline tournaments already. Strange.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
A very clever playstyle you have there Weruop. Congrats with the win. I'm a bit surprised that none of your vids are in the Olimar Video Compendium. I shall inform IllidR immediately! :)

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, I do have some advice: learn to tech Game and Watch's d-throw. Here's what I do: when he starts throwing you, Olimar will appear on the side G&W is facing, in ball form, then will go to the top, then to the side G&W isn't facing. When he gets to that last side hold the teching button of your choice. Just practice in training mode with another human.

Fino

Smash Master
Oh, I do have some advice: learn to tech Game and Watch's d-throw. Here's what I do: when he starts throwing you, Olimar will appear on the side G&W is facing, in ball form, then will go to the top, then to the side G&W isn't facing. When he gets to that last side hold the teching button of your choice. Just practice in training mode with another human.
I saw him teching is... O_o

~Fino

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Sweet oli, great games. I think you should use f-smash more for spacing, and definitely use pivot grab more. Also, try a counterpick. I saw you chose fd on the last match, but if there were any good counterpicks, try them instead. I don't know what was legal in the tourney, but just throwing it out there. You did a great job punishing his attacks too, btw.
Valdens didn't seem to know the matchup, as he consistently tried to dair through your uair, and got stage spiked twice, when he, honestly, could've won if he knew better.
Btw, get a new keyboard please haha. Some of the posts you make are so hard to read lol.

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, and it seems a lot of people let you re-grab them out of a d-throw if you try it every now and then. Getting grabbed repeatedly by Olimar kind of sucks away morale with most people, so maybe you could work that in? Just so long as you don't try to do it after every d-throw.

Weruop

Smash Ace
Sweet oli, great games. I think you should use f-smash more for spacing, and definitely use pivot grab more. Also, try a counterpick. I saw you chose fd on the last match, but if there were any good counterpicks, try them instead. I don't know what was legal in the tourney, but just throwing it out there. You did a great job punishing his attacks too, btw.
Valdens didn't seem to know the matchup, as he consistently tried to dair through your uair, and got stage spiked twice, when he, honestly, could've won if he knew better.
Btw, get a new keyboard please haha. Some of the posts you make are so hard to read lol.

yah f smash is a little risky since it doesnt hit through his bair or dair. i use a lot of pivot grabs so idk what ur talking about lol.
i wasnt sure how id wor on corneria since ive never playd there offline and did good on the previous neutral so i cpd FD. mansion wasnt an option

also yeaaah the low damage up throw(s?) were a little odd. i just wasnt paying attn to his damage very much.
lol and i knw how to tech trust me. its just that rite after he grabs me he d throws and sometimes its hard to emember which side of him i was on. i have to think of that along with timing it. ill keep that in mind though

i did worse in the last match or he did better or both idk lol but luckily if he won the FD match, it would have been 2-2 with him having to win 2 sets and me keeping Cruise banned xD

Dyyne

Smash Ace
yah f smash is a little risky since it doesnt hit through his bair or dair. i use a lot of pivot grabs so idk what ur talking about lol.
F-smash can still be used for spacing as opposed to punishing by fairs or the like, just to mix up your game. And no, you didn't pivot grab a lot, you did it about twice per match. No need to be defensive. And you play an aggressive olimar, so even if grabs aren't a huge part of your game, you can still use them as an alternative to a different attack to help get rid of move deterioration, which is always nifty. Also with that, try to get in a pummel or two when you do grab and they are at high percents.

Top Bottom