• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but it was also the first thing they tweeted the morning that got announced, which is not true today. Doesn't necessarily mean anything! Goodness knows there's very little pattern to what Nintendo does.

Yeah, that's the other reason I'm hoping for the announcement today. Even if mimique's guess doesn't mean anything, it makes me feel better. :laugh:
Oh I didn't know it......aaaand looks like they're not going to announce anything today. Meh.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
That's true, but it was also the first thing they tweeted the morning that got announced, which is not true today. Doesn't necessarily mean anything! Goodness knows there's very little pattern to what Nintendo does.

Yeah, that's the other reason I'm hoping for the announcement today. Even if mimique's guess doesn't mean anything, it makes me feel better. :laugh:
I always get my hopes up, or at least feel better about leaks that say Skull Kid will be in, even if it's as untrustworthy as a 4chan text leak.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Well, best case scenario, Mimique is completely right and they're going to wait until later today to announce it.

But as much as I hate to say it, that's unlikely.
The only thing that could be possible in order to make it "real" is that they announce the new fighter today (unlikely, yeah), or tomorrow. We """""know""""" something is coming this week, and tomorrow is 10.10, and exactly 10 days after the youtube playlist being updated.......so tomorrow perhaps?

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Of course, this all counting on that Skull Kid will be the fighter announced, that last direct nearly killed me because of how much I was anticipating Skull Kid being revealed that direct.

But on a semi related humorous note, if Skull Kid is announced this week, then they all have to admit the chairs were real

NineS

Smash Lord
Well, there's this.

If this thing is right, we might just get a random trailer or two without a direct, like Robin and Lucina's reveal for Smash 4.

Granted, it's likely false, as usual.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, there's this.

If this thing is right, we might just get a random trailer or two without a direct, like Robin and Lucina's reveal for Smash 4.

I've always considered this a possibility. I don't think there's enough information left to be revealed for two more entire Smash Directs, but I can certainly see a Robin-style reveal for this game as well.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's this.

Yeah it's a possibility, I think the "50 fact" direct or even a regular Smash Direct would be what we're getting in november, but for october probably is just a 5 minute trailer with maybe some stage or "mini-direct", or just the character announcement and the next days of the week something related to it (stages, music, echo?)

I think Skull Kid (chairs, october...) would be the one announced, or maybe Isaac (if the theory of him being cut from the last direct it's true).

These next hours/tomorrow will be pure madness regarding hype.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I've always considered this a possibility. I don't think there's enough information left to be revealed for two more entire Smash Directs, but I can certainly see a Robin-style reveal for this game as well.
I had assumed that Spirits would be detailed very close to the games launch, like in November. Just a short character reveal seems likely for October.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Of course, this all counting on that Skull Kid will be the fighter announced, that last direct nearly killed me because of how much I was anticipating Skull Kid being revealed that direct.

But on a semi related humorous note, if Skull Kid is announced this week, then they all have to admit the chairs were real
Honestly I don't get why some people mock the chair theory. The message from Sakurai before had stuff that hinted at K Rool, so why is it so outlandish to assume that this means Skull Kid?

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't get why some people mock the chair theory. The message from Sakurai before had stuff that hinted at K Rool, so why is it so outlandish to assume that this means Skull Kid?
Probably for the same reason people say "well what moves would he have?" Which clearly whether or not the moves make sense is arbitrary, as seen with Captain Falcon.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
So, might be cause I just woke up and I'm dying but, there a reason you guys think Nintendo won't announce it now since they didn't like, an hour or so ago? I feel they could say something whenever as long as it's today.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
So, might be cause I just woke up and I'm dying but, there a reason you guys think Nintendo won't announce it now since they didn't like, an hour or so ago? I feel they could say something whenever as long as it's today.
Good point—I saw someone on GameFAQs bring up how they tend to update the blog at 10am EST and 9 pm EST, so we've still got hours before we can declare "No Direct announcement".

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This is very interesting... If there is one person I can honestly say I've had an eye on it's probably Minique. The backpedal is a little odd, but to remain confident in the content counts for something given his history. He's definitely someone who has chosen to remain in the backstage while Vegeben and loz and others have really been flaunting. Mimique has gotten some pretty weird things accurate, so we'll have to wait and see.

PAVERlCK

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, new on this Forum here. Amazing Work for Skull Kid!
I do not know what I have to do to support SK and whats the reason behind it... But I would like to join in :D

Have a good day all =)

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
This is very interesting... If there is one person I can honestly say I've had an eye on it's probably Minique. The backpedal is a little odd, but to remain confident in the content counts for something given his history. He's definitely someone who has chosen to remain in the backstage while Vegeben and loz and others have really been flaunting. Mimique has gotten some pretty weird things accurate, so we'll have to wait and see.
To be fair, with him I can understand the backpedal, as he's not a leaker, he's just a really good guesser.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Well, not so much a leaker in my opinion, but an extremely good guesser, who I usually trust more than leakers anyway. Better logic my way into what could happen then swearing with my right hand on 4chan so help me god.

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Here's a question I just thought of (that has probably been asked before, but screw it): If Geno was to be revealed alongside someone, who would you most like to see? For me, I'd want to see Skull Kid since he could be viewed as somewhat of a foil to Geno. Have the reveal take place in the woods/forest with SK pulling some shenanigans on Mario and co. only for Geno to come out and either save the day, or have it end with the two mid-fight.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question I just thought of (that has probably been asked before, but screw it): If Geno was to be revealed alongside someone, who would you most like to see? For me, I'd want to see Skull Kid since he could be viewed as somewhat of a foil to Geno. Have the reveal take place in the woods/forest with SK pulling some shenanigans on Mario and co. only for Geno to come out and either save the day, or have it end with the two mid-fight.
I like that idea!

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I think he'd be revealed with Isaac if anything. Sun and moon, you know. Maybe throw in a gen 7 Pokémon to finish it off.

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
I think he'd be revealed with Isaac if anything. Sun and moon, you know. Maybe throw in a gen 7 Pokémon to finish it off.
Isaac would work really well too. I know nothing about Golden Sun since I haven't played it, but once I finish SMRPG that's up next. It's amazing how Smash can get you to look into franchises you've never heard of, or considered playing

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My stance on the Mimique thing: If I was a leaker, I'd pretend not to be one and try to pass as a 'really good guesser' No feelings one way or another, but yeah. Food for thought.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Skull Kid and Geno make a lot of sense, since Geno is a star spirit thingy within a puppet body and Skull Kid is pretty much Majora's puppet.

However, deep inside, I really want Dixie.

Last edited:
I've been saying this since the K.Rool/Belmont Direct that started with a big moon and ended with a "golden" sun.

Skull Kid at the beginning, then Isaac and then Sakurai unveils Incineroar last.

My stance on the Mimique thing: If I was a leaker, I'd pretend not to be one and try to pass as a 'really good guesser' No feelings one way or another, but yeah. Food for thought.
Yeah, I'm not going to fully buy that she's a leaker, but she's gotten a heck of a lot of things right and I do agree that it would be a good disguise for a leaker.

They even predicted Isabelle as a semi-clone in June, when the general consensus was that she would be an echo. I mean....come on! They did later change their prediction to her being an echo I think but they still got it right initially. Perhaps they changed it to throw off Nintendo ninjas?

Here's a list of things Mimique has predicted that came true:

8:27am - June 12th the morning of the day Ridley was revealed:
"summoning ridley with my brain".

July 16th:
"i thought we agreed on dark samus echo"

July 25th:
" a traditional fighting super bar would be fun"
"also they balanced final smashes for some f***ing reason i hope they expand on special smashes or something and add like"
"and a mode with super bars and also make them online compatible but not default"
" I thinkbelmont will probably be in the game."

August 3rd:
"rathalos assist"

Not sure when they said this one but it was before the direct revealing Ashley as an assist trophy.
"ashley isnt getting in"

August 5th:
"PREDICTION FOR SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE:
there's gonna be a trailer were it's the robin smash 4 trailer but then chrom gets up and the splash message will be "CHROM GET'S HIS CHANCE" and hes an echo and literally nobody will be happy but it's the most sakurai thing possible"
They weren't exactly right on this one but they did predict Chrom being an echo.

August 7th:
"Not saying he'll be at the smash direct (he probably will) but K.Rool's mii fighter costume specifically used original assets and even chose and older design specifically to appeal to smash

now imagine if they catered to k.rool fans that much and he wasnt playable".

1:24 am - August 8th
"chrom"

Like....wow.....

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm not going to fully buy that she's a leaker, but she's gotten a heck of a lot of things right and I do agree that it would be a good disguise for a leaker.

They even predicted Isabelle as a semi-clone in June, when the general consensus was that she would be an echo. I mean....come on! They did later change their prediction to her being an echo I think but they still got it right initially. Perhaps they changed it to throw off Nintendo ninjas?

Here's a list of things Mimique has predicted that came true:

8:27am - June 12th the morning of the day Ridley was revealed:
"summoning ridley with my brain".

July 16th:
"i thought we agreed on dark samus echo"

July 25th:
" a traditional fighting super bar would be fun"
"also they balanced final smashes for some f***ing reason i hope they expand on special smashes or something and add like"
"and a mode with super bars and also make them online compatible but not default"
" I thinkbelmont will probably be in the game."

August 3rd:
"rathalos assist"

Not sure when they said this one but it was before the direct revealing Ashley as an assist trophy.
"ashley isnt getting in"

August 5th:
"PREDICTION FOR SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE:
there's gonna be a trailer were it's the robin smash 4 trailer but then chrom gets up and the splash message will be "CHROM GET'S HIS CHANCE" and hes an echo and literally nobody will be happy but it's the most sakurai thing possible"
They weren't exactly right on this one but they did predict Chrom being an echo.

August 7th:
"Not saying he'll be at the smash direct (he probably will) but K.Rool's mii fighter costume specifically used original assets and even chose and older design specifically to appeal to smash

now imagine if they catered to k.rool fans that much and he wasnt playable".

1:24 am - August 8th
"chrom"

Like....wow.....
Dang, talk about incredibly good guesses if not a leaker. Hoping she's right about Skull Kid!

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I maintain that they will never reveal two newcomers from different series in the same trailer (or two unique newcomers either, judging by the fact that we got two Mario newcomers in the last game and they were nowhere near each other), but I do feel like Isaac and Skull Kid would be revealed during the same event. Sun and moon. Plus I think Geno is big enough in the Smash community that he can stand on his own, without the need to showcase another character. Also, he's third party, and they get preferential treatment.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Got to thinking—assuming Skull Kid gets in, will you main him?

My answer: Heck YES! (Along with Mewtwo)

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Skull Kid will be my deep main, but I'll still probably face people with Mewtwo and Mega Man first. They'll have to dig out Skull Kid by beating my secondaries first.

Assuming I can use Skull Kid well lol.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I would love to main Skull Kid, but it really depends what they want to do with him. My list of mains under my name makes it pretty obvious who I like to play as, I think. :joyful:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice

Oh for sure. My favorite game of all time is Majoras Mask, I've wanted him in since brawl. He can join my mains of Cloud and Ness wholeheartedly.

I'm a supporter of Skull Kid, but I'll always main my boi :yoshi:
Same here... i can't let go of Link, old habits die hard i guess! :link:

But i would play the hell out of Skull Kid and depending on his playstyle, could be my secondary. Ususally i prefer playing heavy characters (current sec: :4ganondorf:)

Speaking of weight, how do you imagine Skull Kid's? Personally i imagine him as a super lightweight like Mewtwo, probably because of his floatiness.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I want him to be a glass cannon lightweight, just so that his power can be immense (like it should be). His mobility should be good too, and with a small hitbox the only way to balance that is with exetremely low weight.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Same here... i can't let go of Link, old habits die hard i guess! :link:

But i would play the hell out of Skull Kid and depending on his playstyle, could be my secondary. Ususally i prefer playing heavy characters (current sec: :4ganondorf:)

Speaking of weight, how do you imagine Skull Kid's? Personally i imagine him as a super lightweight like Mewtwo, probably because of his floatiness.
I've always imagined his play style to be similar to Mewtwo, as well as similar physics.
EDIT: spell check gone wrong

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He should absolutely be light and floaty, probably with a Lucas-style double jump if not an actual Peach-esque float.

Top Bottom