• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
heh...
I was meaning for my post to be a reference for that crap...
but your info bamfs mine :p

IDK if that last little bit in 3 was directed at me or not... >_>
(I already knew you were basically starting over)
^what I ment when I said "upgrade"

also... btw...
could you fix up that BBC autocomplete feature to make it more like what kc-mm does... :/

example:
Code:
[color=white]
*your text here*
(no [/color])
when you post that, don't add the [/end]s to the text...
instead, create them dynamically in the thread page...
(your text shouldn't be any different)

I've forgotten to add my [/end]s at times...
and trying to correct them in a looong post that laggs the wii's text editor is quite a pain...
(the main post on my UMC thread already laggs it by quite alot)
It was not directed at you. I've started deleting those types of posts. This is a feedback thread, not a whine-and-moan thread, and I'm not putting up with childish attitudes.

I don't see the point in adding BBCode autocomplete, if it's difficult to type things in TinyMCE for on the Wii, then I can forward that to the XenForo developers to fix. It seems like just trying to correct laziness.

I'm trying to figure out how to pay for this, but as far as mobile themes go, planning on Responsive Design which modifies the layouts of the forum based on the size available. So, if you have an iPhone, it'll make it more "mobile style"-ish, same with tablets (iPad, Android Honeycomb ones) which make it fitted to tablets.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
oh... no... not adding autocomplete...
removing it...

I don't like having to delete a [/b] or [/color] at the end of my post to type it back in the middle...

plus, it glitches on my UMC post...

at the last [/collapse] in my post,
if I forget to add a [/color] above it, it'll do:

-----middle of post (in collapse tag)-----
[/color][/collapse][color=*errored color*]

*text here*

[/color]
-----end of post-----

it's quite annoying...

it does it with other tags as well :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
One thing i've noticed recently is the limit of 10 to a conversation. While groups are getting put back up, I was wondering if this limit could be extended, because for large active groups that don't have another, easily accessible place to go, it makes it hard to stay in contact while the groups are down, especially when you have to create 2 or more of the same convo with different people because of the limit haha! :p

So, I guess i'm just wondering what's up with that and whether something could potentially be done for it?

Cheers! ^^

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
this was something that I asked before that got ignored...
but now I REALLY wanna know...

when you edit your last post (the last post in the thread) that hasn't been touched in a while (a day at least),
does it bump the thread??

if not, then this would be really helpful :/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
On the media page, would it be possible to make clicking the video preview image, the word "YouTube," or the video title go straight to the YouTube page of the video? It's kind of stupid when one of them ("YouTube") is the page you're currently on and the other two go to the same page.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Groups caused large issues with load times and really bogged down the site (even without people using them; just having the thing on and hidden). They're disabled until we have time to re-write the plugin and prevent such issues.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's a bummer to hear, I just hope they're back up and running before E3, makes hanging out on the Smash 4 forum tough without them.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So like
It'd be cool if the dropdown "Alerts" thing when you mouse-over Alerts at the top actually worked instead of not showing anything regardless of the amount of alerts I have.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
gosh this seems like a lot of work, thanks for working and dealing with all of us complainers.

i'm really excited about the new features for real though. i can't wait.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
heh... now even the PGD is complaining about not being able to edit polls... XD

any idea on when this will be fixed?? :)
(I'd like to remove my poll altogether now)

thanx

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Collapse tags are messed up. They can produce multiple collapse tags. Here's an example. I put collapse tags around my ruleset and it resulted in the first line as a separate collapse and the rest of it in another collapse.

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer

* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

After each match:
1. Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I think that could be a result either from the RTE or the auto-complete when posting

EDIT:
yup...
auto-complete still in effect >_<
(I hate auto-complete, read my issue from earlier)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Some pop-up text strangely came in front of my screen with a ton of special characters by the time I clicked on alerts. It's a one-time thing, but I don't know if It'll come up randomly again.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Xenforo errors are handled that way, with a floating notice box. Was probably just a network connection hiccup somewhere between you and the server.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Alert Preferences > Messages in Threads > Uncheck "Likes Your Message"

edit: Oh wait, you mean the entire system. Nevermind.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
can't wait till the site'sup and running like the old SWF again =D

I LOVE these new forum features Xenforo provides =3

the forum works almost perfectly through VTunnel btw ;)
(dynamic update features don't seem to work)

why VTunnel?
I had to temporarily connect to mother's phone again...
(no "http" access for me)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Is there a way to turn back on the amount of person viewing each subforum, as an option or something ? It showed easily what's hot and what's not, I liked that !

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cool, avatar changing is back. Now all I need are the social groups to come back and I'll finally be satisfied with the new server.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Now all I need are the social groups to come back and I'll finally be satisfied with the new server.
Groups caused large issues with load times and really bogged down the site (even without people using them; just having the thing on and hidden). They're disabled until we have time to re-write the plugin and prevent such issues.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Is there a way to turn back on the amount of person viewing each subforum, as an option or something ? It showed easily what's hot and what's not, I liked that !
It caused an absurd number of queries, which meant the front page and some addons were clashing. I intend to make my own that update every minute.

I'm making headway on social groups, now that the uploading issue (which wasn't just for avatars) was fixed.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
John2k4 said:
Yeah I saw that, doesn't keep me from hoping they'll return though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So with the new software, is it possible to turn off notification of ninja edits (within 30 - 60 seconds of posting) without screwing with mods' jobs?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Avatar uploading is back, and smash main icons are back as well. Crossed both off the list.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
if I may ask a favor, could I ask someone to split a post for me??
(more like duplicate a post under that post)
for whoever's willing, PM me plox :)

as you guys know I'm on my wii...
and editing this post takes me about 2-3 minutes to scroll to the middle of the post to make an edit...
(it laggs that bad)

even when typing, I have to slow down or it doesn't recognize a character input...

EDIT: you know what... nvm...
I'll just ask someone.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'm wondering, is the current default theme for this forum a temporary stopgap while you all deal with getting the functionality back up to par, or is this theme really going to be our new reality?

I'd have real trouble figuring out this was a Smash Bros forum at a glance, and it isn't especially inviting either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom