• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you see this, you're apparently amazing.
We aren't yet certain how the next Smash Backroom should be done yet, and discussions are ongoing.

However, the game is now out and work can be done. There are no applications for this and if you're in here it's because you're trusted and we assume you're keen to be apart of game growth. Membership in this current room is by no means a guarantee of the future, and once we decide anything there may be user purges or a complete restructure, please keep this in mind.

What we want to focus on here during the early stages:
1. Data and information gathering
2. Character and stage discussions

During the early stages of Brawl we released a series of character discussions with impressions and thoughts. We hope to do the same. Stuff that is produced in here for that purpose will be shifted to public view.

For streamers or other media enthusiasts, we're happy to include credits and links.

Feel free to introduce yourselves here. If you have problems or issues feel free to pass them onto me or @ Marc Marc / @ Ishiey Ishiey

Any suggestions for publications are free to have their own topics made to discuss them.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The current list of members:
All senators+
@ --- ---
@ Dabuz Dabuz
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
@ C.J. C.J.
@CT ZeRo
@ False False
@iRJi
@ Keitaro Keitaro
@kyokoro_pamuyo
@Neo Zero
@ NickRiddle NickRiddle
@ Overswarm Overswarm
@ Raziek Raziek
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam
@The Derrit
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
@Vex Kasrani
@ Zigsta Zigsta
@Zipzo

I'm still looking at further inclusions. People who are looking professional and keen within any of the character boards can be brought to my attention (I'm scouting anyway).
Former Back Roomers or other prolific users can be looked at too, but I'm looking to make sure I am able to privately talk with them before hand. If you think someone should be back here, then you should probably make sure I'm able to have a chat with them.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hmm, I got the english demo so I can test from those 5 personally.

The rest I need to wait til the US release unless I watch a stream or see video of it played.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hello everyone! I have a copy of the Japanese version so I'm hoping to be really feeling it when the English version is ready to be released.

C.J.

Smash Master
Hi everyone! I feel like I know most of you so rather, nice to see you all again!

=D

Other than NickRiddle.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey everyone, I'm Strong Bad, high level Project M player (regarded by several as top 3 in the world at 4+ characters) and also did quite a bit of development work for it, so if or when a tool comes out to read character data I'll be able to make sense of the KB values and such. Hope that's useful.
I currently live in Missouri but I will be moving to Dallas by the end of the year.

I'm currently visiting Denti (and co) in Dallas, so I have access to the Japanese version of the game until Tuesday and will be playing it quite a bit. Unfortunately I feel that after that, I'll not be of much use to you guys until the NTSC-U release, so I'll likely keep quiet or give generic observations during that time period.

I must say, I'm kind of surprised this happened. I've been trying to set up a similar Back Room for Project M for a while and it seemed to have died in the Senate due to arguments that Smash Back Rooms are arguably unhealthy for the development of a game's ruleset & tier lists. I'd be quite sad if this went on without a PM one being made.

Last edited:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I thought the PM reasoning was that everyone already exists on (and is happy with) Smashmods under the PM Dev Team and it wasn't worth transferring everything over? Regardless I'm sure someone has a more thorough and accurate answer. As for SBRs being unhealthy, that's something we're trying to address with an adjusted format once we've set up the basics.

You're entering the 12-man tournament, yeah? Be sure to let us know what interesting tidbits you find from there :) good luck!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The PM Development Team is not a Smash Back Room, it functions exclusively as a development team. That'd be like saying we shouldn't have a Smash 4 Back Room because Nintendo exists. They don't serve the same purpose, and the two concepts require different skillsets (albeit with some overlap).

Yes, I'm in the 12-man tournament. I'll do my best, but I think most things will be streamed. Anything I learn from an off-stream match I'll be sure to post here.
I think Denti and Dakpo have a huge advantage over the rest of us bc of their Brawl skill. Dakpo's character (ZSS) is also very similar to Brawl and arguably better. Awestin's Ness is going to do well too. I think those will be the top 3, in some order, I think Denti will beat Awestin in a set if he plays him and the other two matchups could go either way. I have close games with all of them and have taken games but they edge me out. AeroLink could get top 4 with his campy Palutena. I don't want to play him lmao hope I dodge him in bracket.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
To be fair

You guys

Named it

After a smash back room

soooooo

Edit: Palutena is looking super good right nao

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hey guys, nice to be here. Expect me to be your resource for Rosalina, Shulk, and maybe Ness; they all seem like very solid characters.

Also, i'm the only one who doesn't see what makes Palutena good so far :c

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love Palutena, Lucina, and Zamus right now. Though I am trying out Greninja currently. Thanks based shaya

D

Deleted member 245254

Thank you for the invite, I am honored to share this responsibility with those of you present, and excited to be of help to the Smash community in a way that could be so meaningful to shaping the future of Smash 4. It really is an honor. I am actively playing the game, as I live in Japan like Venus, and you can expect that I will always have a great deal to say.

Sonic, Lucina (and I suppose by somewhat of an extension, Marth), and Fox are generally the characters I am most interested in playing for the vast majority of my time with this game. It's likely that Sonic will be the character I tend to focus on when it comes to super in-depth evaluation but as a an old-time Marth player and old-old-time Fox player, it's likely I will do what I can to contribute to the evolution of their meta-game as well.

I have a twitch with a pretty big following given the age of the channel and when I started streaming, and I've already had the pleasure of sharing my findings and evaluations/opinions with thousands of people. I recently completely full move set analysis (rough analysis, just using the moves and giving observations) of every character on the roster, if you want to sponge through it and see if you may see anything of use (if you're a player who doesn't yet have the game), be my valued guest.

http://www.twitch.tv/zipzo62

よろしく and back to practice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I suppose I should do my quick intro as well, for those who don't know me.

I'm Raziek! I moderate the Decisive Games sub-forum here on SWF (and hopefully soon the Robin boards). I was in the BBR, and am both a Tournament host & Competitive Player in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I travel when I can, though I've never placed amazingly out of province, though I have gotten a handful of notable wins. I do, however, do a ton of research on characters and stages.

I've already put together a large Robin resource, and I'll likely be turning my attention to Shulk, Lucina and Marth in the coming days.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Hello all, I'm False from East Coast. I'm a top level doubles player for Brawl and a high level singles competitor. Additionally, I produce lots of video content for the community, maybe you've seen of my stuff. :DD

I have a copy of the Japanese 3DS, and I plan to go into frame data research soon.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm Ish. My contributions involve being bad and pretending like I know how to organize things.

Good to see everyone back here :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey everyone, Zigsta here, and I'm completely ecstatic to be here! Most know me from Brawl, where I was recognzed as one of the top Bowsers in the world. Can't wait to right into the Bowser lab on Oct 3.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm Marc from the Netherlands, Europe. I'm a longtime player and TO for both Melee and Brawl and have an extensive record as staff on Smashboards. As far as SSB4 goes I have a friend with a Japanese copy and the demo on my own 3DS, so I'm hoping to help out with some impressions. On top of that, I can help people get content on the main page if there are any great ideas for articles and the like.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm ---. Currently I'm helping mod the Smash 4 boards. Am probably the least experienced here, with nothing but a working mind, so please take good care of me Senpai.

I will try my best to be some of help to the rest of you/give basic thoughts, and hopefully prove I have some, what is most likely, short-run worth. Mega Man, Ike, and "insert undiscovered character" are whom I'm looking the most into.

Depending on RL, I may have an extra demo code for those who need/want to start basic researching.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm ---. Currently I'm helping mod the Smash 4 boards. Am probably the least experienced here, with nothing but a working mind, so please take good care of me Senpai.

I will try my best to be some of help to the rest of you/give basic thoughts, and hopefully prove I have some, what is most likely, short-run worth. Mega Man, Ike, and "insert undiscovered character" are whom I'm looking the most into.

Depending on RL, I may have an extra demo code for those who need/want to start basic researching.
Question for you: How exactly do you phonetically pronounce your usename? DashDashDash? 3Dash?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Question for you: How exactly do you phonetically pronounce your usename? DashDashDash? 3Dash?
---, Tri-Hy, Triple Dash, Tryphen, etc. I don't mind what people call me so long as it's not offensive and is identifiable.

Wasn't feeling very creative when I first joined...

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hi guys, I'm Hylian. I only have the american demo so I won't be able to give too much input until Oct 3rd, but I'll be around. I plan on helping Marc/Shaya/Ishy decide on what to do with this room though I don't really have the time to devote to leadership. Long time smashboards staff, long time competitor in all smash games etc etc.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Good afternoon, I'm NickRiddle.
I only have the demo, but my local LAN center has two copies of the full game. Still in the phase of playing every character in a couple of matches to see who I actually want to play. ZSS/Bowser/Bowser Jr./Lucina/Brack Pitto are who I'm considering right now.
I might have a lot of info to dump on Monday since I should be getting a LOT of playtime with the game this weekend, but we'll see~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good afternoon, I'm NickRiddle.
I only have the demo, but my local LAN center has two copies of the full game. Still in the phase of playing every character in a couple of matches to see who I actually want to play. ZSS/Bowser/Bowser Jr./Lucina/Brack Pitto are who I'm considering right now.
I might have a lot of info to dump on Monday since I should be getting a LOT of playtime with the game this weekend, but we'll see~
I still have your dollar

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I won that dollar fair and square at MLG! It's mine!

Also definitely not going to Big House, screw that. Smash 4 is out that weekend!
Go to Big House to play Smash 4 with me!
We can bet on something for a dollar, so I can have it back!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Go to Big House to play Smash 4 with me!
We can bet on something for a dollar, so I can have it back!
let's bet a dollar to see if I'll go to Big House

If I go, you win a dollar

If I don't, you owe me a dollar

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Only if we also bet if I'm going to Big House.
If I go, I win a dollar.
If I don't, you win a dollar.
Considering I already know I'm not going to Big House, this guarantees I will win at least $1. If your plane is delayed or you are struck ill, break your hand, or some other calamity you will likely not attend Big House thus owing me a dollar.

I accept your wager. Non-zero no-risk bets are awesome.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hello I'm Keitaro. Brawl TO for Apex 2013/2014 and owner of the KTAR/SKTAR series. I currently own a copy of the Japanese version of the game and will bookmark this backroom. To be blunt this is giving me a reason to use smashboards again as I've been very focused facebook/twitter/reddit but wanted to get back to Smashboards.

I have a 3DS capture card that records up to 60 fps so if frame data is needed I can attempt to get some as I already planned to do so.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ill be doing frame data when the wii u version comes out

im jealous you can do some now but i dont know how far youll get if you dont realise how tedious it is

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I seriously only just now realized that this forum exists.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hi, I'm Sethlon. Long time smash player, first tournament was back in Melee '05. I participated in the Brawl BR back when I was an active Falco player, and am also currently a part of the Project M Dev Team. I'm very interested in seeing how this game will shape up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom