• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome back, Ka Master! Dec.28th

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
my dignity is only but a small sacrifice for a day of epic melee.

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
i'd probably make it down for tp4 if it weren't for pound4.
boo.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Just throwin' this out there, but you shouldn't hafta cater to Brawl players with reduced prices to make them come; if they wanna come to play Melee and have a good time, they should pay equally just like everyone else. Don't go easy on them. LOL. I'm a Brawl player (formerly Melee) and if I was running a tourney for people to come and play the new game, I wouldn't make Melee players pay less. If they wanna come and play and have a good time just as people would come to this to have a good time? Shouldn't change a price if you choose to play. (that, and it's potentially bigger pot. yay moar $ day)

And if people won't come/travel without an incentive, then they just ain't comin'. And if they do come just because it's some lowered price? Seems kind of stingy of whoever qualifies under the Brawl player rule when entering for Melee. :p

I gotta save my money and I would go, sounds like an awesome time and Ka Master is the ****, but its around the holidays and my Grandfolks should be in town. Hope you guys have a hell of a time, and I wanna see vids. Plenty of epic.

If I don't make any sense, it's 7:30 and I have not slept yet. I fail. LOL Have fun guys!

Eggz

Smash Hero
I SHOULDN'T have to, but i DO have to.

All the Brawl players are either broke *** *****es or wouldnt even pay $5 for a BRAWL tournament, so a melee tournament @ 10 is pretty much out of the question.

I threw hella money away getting good at Melee, but its just a new, less ambitious generation.

Eggz

Smash Hero
The amount of Brawl players who would actually go out of their way for a melee only tournament AND pay $10 make it a lot more feasible to charge $5

Unless youre just pointing out how ******** they are
in which case word

I wanna get a confirmed list of everyone coming, so if you know someone, have them post in here that they are attending so I can make a list.

If youre driving a carpool full, write the people in your carpool.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The most important thing is that we get more melee entrants. Alot of our scene is on that catch 22 bs. Ppl wont come unless turnout is big but turnout wont get big cuz ppl dont come.

Even some ppl who are not broke who brawl, wouldnt want to enter a melee tourney and pay cuz its not their main game and their chance of sucess isnt as high.

Once we consider them melee players theyll pay full price. /Looking at the situation realistically, it only makes the pot and turnout bigger, altho they literally have a chance to win, they dont have a chance to win until they get better so its win win.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
KURANDOOOOO
Most people aren't cool like you and me and others, so it's gg no re for them. :\

its just a new, less ambitious generation.
Tru ****in fax

Thats not a catch 22, thats a self fulfilling prophecy
catch 22 = between a rock and a hard place

other than that
i agree
That is a catch 22
Turn out small cause nobody comes, nobody will come if the turn out isn't big, so the turn out is small because nobody comes because they don't want to unless the turn out is big but it isn't big so they don't and it stays small so they don't come because it isn't big etc etc etc

Round and round and round

"I eat cuz im no happy and im no happy cuz i eat"
classic example right thur ^^

All canadians come to my tourney please :)
<33333333333333333333333 FINALLY some Ka :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
where are all the americans? I dont think enough ppl are showin ka master luv.

Luigi is the best character in sm64ds. Its almost broken lol

pandacheck

Smash Ace
we all luv ka master, we just dont like getting ***** by the nicest guy on earth, i remember him ****** me, it was wierd because he was so nice about it

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
where are all the americans? I dont think enough ppl are showin ka master luv.

Luigi is the best character in sm64ds. Its almost broken lol
What is 'sm64ds'?
Mario 64 for DS I assume, but not sure.

we all luv ka master, we just dont like getting ***** by the nicest guy on earth, i remember him ****** me, it was wierd because he was so nice about it
Well then you should be nice to him too, big meaniez HMPF!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea mario 64 for the Ds.

the game is almost the same except there are 150 stars. You start as yoshi and you unlock mario luigi and wario.

EAch has slightly diff talents you need for a few choice stars. Most can be gotten by anyone.

luigi can run on water a bit, flutter so he falls a little slower and his back flip is almost twice as high as marios and he does the helicopter so he can fall really slow. It makes it so easy to jump from high places to get stars or scales vertical feets. He cant wall jump tho.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That sounds sexy!
I'm quite sure Luigi is top tier in almost every mario party game for similar reasons :D

KA MASTER = <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea. in that game unless I need them I only play as luigi. and occassionaly yoshi cuz he can eat **** and spit it back out, or get ONE egg to throw.

mario can wall jump and wario doesnt do **** except carry/break steal boxes.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LOL
Wario should at LEAST be able to slam on his but or something. Oh wellz

Kao you're coming to this tourney right? You're that really cool mewtwo player right? Tiz been a while since I got to WAsmash :D

ThePrime

Smash Lord
stefan's sexy *** breaks more than just tables

And dynamism, i think i met you at genesis, the canadian with good hair right?

Top Bottom