• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weirdest thing you've seen a CPU do

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I baired a cpu falco underneath BF into the wall and it teched, daired me and recovered. I **** a brick and ended the match.

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
It is **** like this that makes me appreciate only having the cpu to play againsed most of the time, the cpu KNOWS when you stop paying attention for that split second, and pulls out the ultra-jank.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
A lvl 9 Luigi read my illusion recover with a taunt

and spiked me :urg:

Allagro

Smash Rookie
i was playing against a level 1 fox as falco doing some combo practice and the fox decided that when he came back from the left ledge he would keep walking towards the right, fall off, and firebird down.

to this day i cannot understand the cpu's logic
I think the CPU was tired of getting ***** so he tried to get you to end the match lol

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
New one.

was playing the other day and i knocked a computer off yoshi's. he was hanging on the ledge and then did the slow get up attack that you do when you're at high percent. however, randall came out just as he did it, so he came off the ledge. however, he kept doing the get up attack animation as if he was still on the ledge, except he was doing it on randall. 0_0
its a known glitch.
Dark uses it all the time if you watch his games on yoshi's.

oh and a new one for today (not really the weirdest thing, but it made me laugh):
playing a kirby at yoshi's, knocked him down onto randal so i falling nair at him and he powershields it and grabs me and immediately upthrows and of course, randal moves, so we both died.
it had me laughing for a good 3 minutes.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
•on fd, a lvl 6 yoshi did that djl parry thing and ate my knee at 128%. it was crazy because yoshi did that OWOWOWOW scream thing and he didn't even go anywhere ° -°

•a lvl 9 marth once took my entire first stock by doing nothing but reverse dolphin slashes oos. had the nerve to taunt me after my failed sweetspot (f*** that battlefield ledge)

•i'm pretty sure we've all encountered that stationary fox on adventure mode. not that bizarre but i wonder why they act so passive aggressive.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think...when I was fighting a level nine Peach on Yoshi's...I daired her on a platform, and she powershielded it, then did a shield drop platform cancelled nair...

At least, that's what it looked like. All I know is that she powershielded me, and didn't jump, but I got naired.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
I was playing against a level 9 fox as puff and the CPU randomly turned into a bad*** when I was off stage by jumping off, doing a rising uair , and KOing me.
Also CPU Falcons insisting that their side b will work off stage

Bill_the_Duck

Smash Cadet
Level 9 Fox CPU hit me at least 5-6 times straight with side-B on the middle of FD. Then did it 3 times in a row in the same direction for suicide

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
Just had luigi edgeguard me from low on BF with missile, either meteored me or send me down FAST the second I was about the get the ledge. Before that had link bomb jump recovery on FD. Both within the last 15 min session. Only happens when 420 I tell ya..

E: Just had luigi face off the stage and misfire suicide (I was centre), respawn, jump down to the ledge and do it again..

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
When I practice fortress hogging with level 4 CPU players, they tend to walk up to the ledge and taunt when I fortress hog after they get KO'd and come back. Fox CPUs look especially cocky when they do this. :p

CPU players just generally seem to be in the habit of taunting at weird times.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
The first time it happened I was in disbelief, but it's happened like 5 times now and I want to get it recorded one day...but I was playing around with a CPU Fox on battlefield, went to edge-guard it with down tilt (as Marth) when it got close enough and it sweet spotted the ledge from a diagonal angle underneath the stage and instantly get-up attacked me <_<. I'm pretty sure it wasn't at the end of the firefox cause every time I tried I was completely confident I'd hit them overshooting the ledge.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
The first time it happened I was in disbelief, but it's happened like 5 times now and I want to get it recorded one day...but I was playing around with a CPU Fox on battlefield, went to edge-guard it with down tilt (as Marth) when it got close enough and it sweet spotted the ledge from a diagonal angle underneath the stage and instantly get-up attacked me <_<. I'm pretty sure it wasn't at the end of the firefox cause every time I tried I was completely confident I'd hit them overshooting the ledge.
There's some discussion here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312451

'Fro

Smash Lord
As Marth, I had grabbed a Lv.1 Falcon near the right edge of FD (I was facing the ledge). I had grabbed him such that he was in his "grabbed" animation in thin air right off the edge. I DOWN threw him to bring him back to center stage. Instead, he does some crazy DI, hits the side of the stage, and flies straight to the right. I still haven't been able to replicate this.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Today i did the freeze glitch in training mode for lulz and my nana went on a rampage against poor frozen bowser (i walked to the otherside of the stage and back past her, but she didn't care)
It went on for a good 5 minutes.
Not sure why it happened, but it was pree funny.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Level 9 Luigi's, I had one once kill me with an Up-B through my SHFFL'd nair as Fox. I'm pretty sure I dropped the controller and just stared forward shaking my head.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember. I think it just Up-B'd me through the move with it's hitbox (due to the power/perecentage) just hit through mine, like when an fsmash eats through a jab. CC'ing prbly wouldn't have surprised me...

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Luigi's Up-b sweet spot is ridiculously tiny, It probably was a crouch cancel.

I got shine-daired off stage by a falco the other day.

Zoler

Smash Ace
As Marth, I had grabbed a Lv.1 Falcon near the right edge of FD (I was facing the ledge). I had grabbed him such that he was in his "grabbed" animation in thin air right off the edge. I DOWN threw him to bring him back to center stage. Instead, he does some crazy DI, hits the side of the stage, and flies straight to the right. I still haven't been able to replicate this.
I'm pretty sure CPUs can DI and SDI in ways human players can't (basically cheating).

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure CPUs can DI and SDI in ways human players can't (basically cheating).
No.

I remember seeing a Youtube video about doing this trick to human players on like Pokemon Stadium or something. I can't find it now though.

Top Bottom