• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weirdest thing you've seen a CPU do

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I was warming up on a CPU 9 fox on FD the other day and it stood in the middle of FD, got in it's shield, and moved it in all random directions until it broke.... then it did it again.... and again... and again... I have a short video on my phone that I took of it that I might put on YouTube.

has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
has anyone seen anything weirder?

:phone:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I falcon punched a falcon in dittos at 220%, he ledge teched it, and then killed me with an F-Tilt
shut off the game right after that :(

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
I was warming up on a CPU 9 fox on FD the other day and it stood in the middle of FD, got in it's shield, and moved it in all random directions until it broke.... then it did it again.... and again... and again... I have a short video on my phone that I took of it that I might put on YouTube.

This happened to me this week. I wonder what causes them to do this.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Next level CPU mindgaming.
the funny thing is after I watched it do it about 10 times I moved closer towards it and instead of shielding again after it got out of the shield break animation it immediately daired me

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
I really wish I filmed it, but I was once playing doubles with my friend and 2 level 6 cpus (so they won't jab spam everything) on YS, and all of the sudden they triple shined us off stage by both doing shine, jump cancel, shine, jump cancel, shine, jump cancel and then a nair.
I've also once been spiked down by a falco and then f-smashed by a fox before I could even think about teching.

Bing

Smash Master
OMG Vudujin. That was heroic. lmfao

Weirdest thing I ever a CPU do...

The most frustrating was when I was messing around on randall and I went to jump back on stage when the CPU level 9 Ganon was all like "**** that noise" and Warlock kicked me off stage for the spike.

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
Level 9 Marth CPU's like to taunt when I'm practicing Fox shffl's :o

I'll fail to SH 'n normal jump instead however many times in a row, going right over their head, then with obnoxiously precise timing they will taunt the moment I initiate a proper shffl without failing the SH. It's like "Yay, I did i---- OH SO YOU THINK YOU FANCY HUH?"

The morale of the story is that Marth CPU's are master strategists.

They do it quite regularly, too :3

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was practicing offstage stuff once, and when I was coming back, a Level 1 Luigi intercepted my recovery with his taunt. I was too shocked to do anything other than fall to my death.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've had level 9 Falco's wall tech jump (whatever the term is) my downsmash/edgeguard attempt, and bair me in the face. :(

A lvl 9 Falco also fsmashed me three times in a row. I got hit by ALL THREE. :(

Bing

Smash Master
Level 9 tactics are so Jank its hilarious.

I used to main Ganon(Before I ever really owned the game) and I was playing against a Kirby, and he f-smashed me 3 times in a row.

Fast forward about 3-4 years now that Im actually a "pro-am" whatever you want to call it, I was using Kirby against Ganon when I used 3 f-smashes in a row... it actually works...

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Level 9 tactics are so Jank its hilarious.

I used to main Ganon(Before I ever really owned the game) and I was playing against a Kirby, and he f-smashed me 3 times in a row.

Fast forward about 3-4 years now that Im actually a "pro-am" whatever you want to call it, I was using Kirby against Ganon when I used 3 f-smashes in a row... it actually works...
lol, poor Ganon. Always has it rough

Puff CPUs will up-b to recover when they're out of jumps. Seems like someone ran out of programming time

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
I was playing a falcon and he fell through the bottom of Pokemon Stadium. I wasn't aware of this glitch at the time but was sufficiently freaked out when it happened.

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I wanna know about the shield thing. Has happened to me too, it's hilarious.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Sometimes when I stand on a certain spot on a stage the cpu won't move at all. I'm sure I have seen Cpu's do weirder things but I can't think of it right now.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I love it when they suicide spike and there's no one offstage to even edgeguard and you're literally at a different point on the stage just standing there.

Bing

Smash Master
The worst thing is when they randomly falcon punch/warlock punch and you shield and go "wait I can just jump away and avoid it" then as you jump it hits your feet or something. So degrading

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
idk if it counts, but one time against vudujins ICs last stock i upsmash his popo for the win and his nana grabbed me and threw me at the tree of pokemon stadium.. and i went thru it and died before popo died of the top.

vudus cpus are better than real people

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Playing a bit against lv 9 ganon atm. Handicap on, I have 6, he has 9. I'm playing cf on yoshis.

Last stock, high percent. I'm on randall on the left side. Gman walk off dairs me, edge cancelling the dair on randall as I get up killed.

WHAT

Edit: Also powershield the first hit of nair and jab me before the second hit came out

Zoler

Smash Ace
Last night I was playing against a level 8 Jigglypuff, and she kept ledgehop singing... I was like... why?
I've definitely never seen a CPU ledgehop... seems unlikely that it could even happen as it means they have to let go of the edge, which they never do.

dkuo

Smash Lord
lv 4 luigi tauntspiked my falco illusion once...from a platform
also once ps laser into misfire ko

:(

ive seen like 4-5 wavedashes by computers. mostly by samus strangely enough
and computers do ledgetech aerials pretty often imo

can someone upload/post a video to the shieldbreak thing? ive never seen it happen...

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
All of these are level 1 CPUs. I've seen a Fox wall jump, a Captain Falcon tech, and another time where he down grabbed to spiked me.

Allagro

Smash Rookie

No your not the only one that **** happened to me before on FD Fox Dittos a year and a half ago. I rushed down so many dairs on the CPU and all of a sudden I was wondering why he was holding his shield up so long so I stopped and he just kept breaking his shield.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i was playing against a level 1 fox as falco doing some combo practice and the fox decided that when he came back from the left ledge he would keep walking towards the right, fall off, and firebird down.

to this day i cannot understand the cpu's logic

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
****ing around in teams... cpu luigi bthrows me offstage and immediately misfires and hits me right in the face for a ko. ***** :<

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
New one.

was playing the other day and i knocked a computer off yoshi's. he was hanging on the ledge and then did the slow get up attack that you do when you're at high percent. however, randall came out just as he did it, so he came off the ledge. however, he kept doing the get up attack animation as if he was still on the ledge, except he was doing it on randall. 0_0

Top Bottom