• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird/Funny In-game Pictures Thread (SSB64&Melee)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master

I'll redo this to get a better quality one when I have the time. We laughed for like 10 minutes when we saw this.

We being the people that stayed at LFL's house during a brawl tournament (and I managed to convince people to play 64 :) )

It was done completely accidentally... I don't even remember why we paused :p

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice

This is a result of a cheat that removes all polygons except the legs :D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Kirby is amazing.

He's a pocket sized puffball with the most advanced digestive system in the history of anything known to mankind. He appears to have the ability to convert atmospheric gases into helium for floating, and his defining strength is his absurd ability to evolve biologically by eating something with the desired trait, then devolving by expelling and manifesting those traits as material stars.

He can unhinge his jaw to a level where objects far larger than him are ingestable, and he appears to excrete air. His exhalation is akin to a shotgun blast, annihilating most things that happen to be in front of him. He regains stamina at an absurd rate, walking into food to restore his vitality (some form of phagocytosis, I assume). He's also ridiculously cute, giving him the innate evolutionary advantage of having larger enemies underestimate him.

If Sakurai considered this while designing Kirby I'm going to forgive him for barwl

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
jaja, I see that my no-leg picture likes xD
The code makes invisible the body and the hands, but hitboxes are here. Leg-samus doing U-tilt is funny :D

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
first, miyamoto makes kirby white, then pink (not that true, he wants him yellow, but someone friend suggested pink). And he has shoes on the foto :S

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dude, Kirby is DEMONIC. He fools you with those cute looks and lures you in, then SWALLOWS YOU ALIVE, STEALS YOUR SOUL TO USE IT FOR VIOLENCE AND ERASES YOU FROM ALL EXISTENCE (in the Kirby games).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I have a tentative conclusion. Kirby is a giant freaking amoeboid. It explains his incredibly easy trait changes. Amoeba are single celled and contain a DNA ring called a plasmid, often used by human scientists to implant DNA from one source to another. This is because only a single cell requires affecting in the process of phenotype expression. What confuses me is his ability to mimic larger, multicellular organisms and non-organism substance (ie. rocks and water). Oh, and his puffy nature. I have to conclude that Kirby is either overly advanced in terms of genetic simplicity, or a witch.

It'd be useful if someone dissected a Kirby.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yet another debate about Kirby: Multi-celled organism, or a freaking gigantic single-celled one? Or not composed of cells at all?

Near²

Banned via Warnings
I've always wondered how in the hell those huge eggs coming out of Yoshi's *** not hurt when you swallow them.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yet another debate about Kirby: Multi-celled organism, or a freaking gigantic single-celled one? Or not composed of cells at all?
Pretty sure a single cell couldn't be that big because the surface area to volume ratio would be off. Not enough surface area per volume causes some kind of problem, I forget but google for details.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Pretty sure a single cell couldn't be that big because the surface area to volume ratio would be off. Not enough surface area per volume causes some kind of problem, I forget but google for details.
The more volume, the more nutrients required. The more surface area, the faster the cell can obtain them. The smaller the organism, the greater the surface area to volume ratio. That's why cells are small.

But Kirby is SPECIAL.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's nice you bring SA:V into it, but KIRBY INGESTS THINGS. A good SA:V ratio isn't required when you're big enough to ingest things. Think outside the box: just because we've never encountered single-celled organisms that large, doesn't mean they can't exist :p

As for the other uses of a high SA:V ratio (heat dispersion, etc), Kirby is just magical.

Kirby causes all our logic to be flawed. Genetic trait re-expression is impossible at that speed unless you are a single-celled organism, but prokaryotes lack eyes.

Maybe Kirby's just a giant lysosome-esque sac, and his eyes are giant, chained recognition proteins. If he simply contains conversion enzymes, genetic material and other necessary proteins, it might be biologically passable.

I maintain Kirby is magic.

MattNF

Smash Lord

It's a miracle those morons have a career.

Then again, Bush did get elected twice...

Top Bottom