• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Sheik

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
He's facing Mew2King, one of the best Fox players. Fox is one of the top 5 in the game. Kirby is in the bottom 5. What makes you think kirby will win?

By the way, I know kirby is one of the worst characters in the game, but he isn't worse than Mewtwo or Pichu.
kind of like how taj was playing forward - easily one of the best FALCO players. falco is top 5 in the game. mewtwo is in the bottom 5. what makes you think MEWTWO will win? o wait he did el oh el

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
He's facing Mew2King, one of the best Fox players. Fox is one of the top 5 in the game. Kirby is in the bottom 5. What makes you think kirby will win?

By the way, I know kirby is one of the worst characters in the game, but he isn't worse than Mewtwo or Pichu.
That video is from late 2005/early 2006, before Mew2king was pro level.

As Gimpy already mentioned, you also seem to forget that in the other vid, it was Mewtwo vs Falco with both players being very skilled.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
My point is that until you can find a Mewtwo vs. Kirby video that will prove me wrong, I will still believe that Kirby is better than Mewtwo.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
LOL how does the results of those 2 characters playing AGAINST eachother show you ANYTHING about how good they are? LOLmatchups.

aaaanyways if we continue posting about kirby and mewtwo i'm gonna have to start handing out warnings.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I actually enjoy Sheik in this game. She does feel extremely mobile compared to many other characters. Her main problem is killing. However, she's fantasic off-stage, which is how she'll get a large portion of her kills. A skillful Sheik player can keep them off the edge for a long while. After all, it's simple to get in 3 or so Fairs, chain the ledge for an edgehog, Bair if needed. However, I also enjoy off-stage Uairs as well for floaty kills.

On stage. Sheik relies on getting around her opponent and following up on every move. Sheik can easily regain control of a situation, but that control doesn't last long at all, for the most part. That's why, in my opinion, it's crucial to get her opponent to the edge as much as possible, as soon as possible (unless you're racking up damage, of course.) And always keep Zelda in mind, as well. She's your best bet at finishing off your opponent.

Though... this is common info. Overall, I really, really like Sheik in this game. At this point, she's my second (though I'm planning on using her in a school tournament in a few weeks.)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I actually enjoy Sheik in this game. She does feel extremely mobile compared to many other characters. Her main problem is killing. However, she's fantasic off-stage, which is how she'll get a large portion of her kills. A skillful Sheik player can keep them off the edge for a long while. After all, it's simple to get in 3 or so Fairs, chain the ledge for an edgehog, Bair if needed. However, I also enjoy off-stage Uairs as well for floaty kills.

On stage. Sheik relies on getting around her opponent and following up on every move. Sheik can easily regain control of a situation, but that control doesn't last long at all, for the most part. That's why, in my opinion, it's crucial to get her opponent to the edge as much as possible, as soon as possible (unless you're racking up damage, of course.) And always keep Zelda in mind, as well. She's your best bet at finishing off your opponent.

Though... this is common info. Overall, I really, really like Sheik in this game. At this point, she's my second (though I'm planning on using her in a school tournament in a few weeks.)
So you main Pokemon Trainer? Seeing as how PT is comparable to Sheik/Zelda in the ability to in-game counterpick, do you see any similarities between the characters?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
So you main Pokemon Trainer? Seeing as how PT is comparable to Sheik/Zelda in the ability to in-game counterpick, do you see any similarities between the characters?
Of course. Definitely Squirtle is comparable to Sheik; they both enjoy jumping and running around to attack, gimping in the progress. They also both tend to try to get the opponent out of the way so another killer can come in. However, unlike Sheik, who can be used for gimping the opponent easily, Squirtle can't stay off-stage as long, due to his recovery being sub par. Therefore, a Squirtle usually tries to rack up a little damage (sometimes none) and get the opponent out of the way instantly to switch. He does a better job at this than Sheik.

Ivysaur is comparable to Zelda. They're both anti-air characters. Ivysaur does a better job at it, however. He also has a better range, meaning he can space much better than Zelda. However, Zelda has two things to her advantage: recovery and kill power. While Ivysaur has a plethora of kill moves, they're mostly vertical. Zelda has many more options, on the other hand, meaning she's an overall better killer. Also, Ivysaur has hideous recovery. Therefore, to not get killed, he shouldn't go off-stage, and he should stay at the center. Zelda, on the other hand, has freedom to move, off-stage especially. This gives her many more options.

Charizard is not relative to either.

Now, Pokemon Trainer to Zelda/Sheik. The difference is, while you only have to use Zelda or Sheik, Pokemon Trainer HAS to go through all Pokemon. This means he has to have a good understanding of each one. He should know the in and outs of each Pokemon in order to survive. Also, there are match ups where one Pokemon can be good while the rest are terrible. It's the person's responsibility to know how to get out of that situation; they can't just optionally switch like Zelda/Sheik.

There's more, but I'm too lazy to write any more at this moment.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Squirtle is a neeenja. Ivysaur is el beasto. Charizard is da ****zorz.

but this isn't a PT discussion, so let's talk about the chain grabbing freak, though he/she doesn't have as much use for CGs in this game.

M@v

Subarashii!
Demenise hit it dead on. PT is kind of screwed because he HAS to switch pokemon. This could potential give him a really bad matchup until he can get away and switch. Even then, he can't choose which pokemon comes out. Zelda/sheik can switch at will, and since there is only two, there isnt a chance the form you want wont come. Much more viable.
PT trainer got screwed imo. Great concept; but bad execution.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This is what makes Sheik/Zelda so beautiful.....the only true in-game counterpicking character in all of Brawl. Sure, with PT in theory you could cp, but your always forced to switch.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
yayyyyy i cant wait to write a bunch of stuff on this one haha

sheik has all the tools required she is just incredibly difficult and a little bit lax in KO power - zelda helps a bit i guess haha but this discussion is sheik isn't it? The Zelda discussion was for Zelda and not Zelda/Sheik so shouldn't the Sheik discussion be for Sheik and not Zelda/Sheik as well?

good range for spacing a solid projectile to force approaches the ability to semi-combo the ability to semi-edgeguard the ability to FAIRLY consistently gimp KO most characters...

Sheik is a Melee character stuck in a silly Brawl world haha
PLEASE MAKE A ZELDA/SHEIK CHARACTER DISCUSSION THREADDD! AS A ZELDA/SHEIK, MORE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE Z/S PLAYERS BY THE Z/S PLAYERS WOULD DEVELOP MORE STRATS FOR US!

sorry or the caps, i just feel very strongly about this matter, because no one promotes talking about the possibility of zelda on the sheik page.

Top Bottom