• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Pikachu

mimic_king

Smash Lord
stay on topic or this will get locked. we don't want that to happen to our pikachu, would we?

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This topic can still be locked. Mods still look into this. I know know you said that they didn't, but they do.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
^ this coming from the guy who was warned for trolling haha

since when have you guys seen a fat short squirrel??? rat man... he's a yellow positively charged rat... kinda like brain... but fatter haha

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
Pikachu

Pikachu is too freaking good. Maybe its because every tournament I go to has Anther in it, but he is honestly annoying as hell. Saying he's bad is just plain untrue. Anybody who has played against Anther can testify that Pikachu is a freaking beast in this game. Given, there are very few Pikachu players that are actually good out there, but that doesn't mean the character isn't good.

Also, Snake vs Pikachu is horrible for Snake. Pika can chainthrow both forward throw and down throw, although you can pull a nade between them, if he down throw chaingrabs you near the end of the stage (or on a slanted stage), the nades will fall off and he can just keep doing it. Also, Pikachu can punish just about everything Snake does. After playing with Anther a bit last night when he came over, I was doing much better against him, but I'm blaming that moreso on him being bored than anything else. Also, ironically enough, Anther insists that Pikachu is bad against Snake. Despite him destroying every Snake he's ever played.
I agree with you.

now....... changing the subject.

pissis me off the fact that pikachu is so much better in brawl... "no one" used pikachu in melee cause people say he sucked. (he does a bit)

i hate so much when people start using a character just because they have a good possition on the tier list...
i might just be selfish but i dont want to see pikachu in tournaments as much as fox, falco, marth and falcon did in melee.

samurai panda. i dont know if you understand what im trying to say here... i just dont want to see my character. The one i have been using since the N64 days, the one that no one ever payed attention to.... To be explored by everyone just because his a high tier...

Tier list just shouldn't exists... just another tier list hater

Anther

Smash Champion
XD Juan. I'd say pika is used just as much, it's just that his ability is more out in the open now. He was still one of the best chars in melee imo :p. Enouge typing with the wiimote though.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you.

now....... changing the subject.

pissis me off the fact that pikachu is so much better in brawl... "no one" used pikachu in melee cause people say he sucked. (he does a bit)

i hate so much when people start using a character just because they have a good possition on the tier list...
i might just be selfish but i dont want to see pikachu in tournaments as much as fox, falco, marth and falcon did in melee.

samurai panda. i dont know if you understand what im trying to say here... i just dont want to see my character. The one i have been using since the N64 days, the one that no one ever payed attention to.... To be explored by everyone just because his a high tier...

Tier list just shouldn't exists... just another tier list hater
Beautiful, ive use pika in every smash known to man even though he sucked in melee.

Smartidiot

Smash Rookie
Just a simple question....
Is Pikachu a pick up and play character? Or more time spending forcing to play character?

K 2

Smash Lord
Use the Q&A thread next time.

I found pikachu fairly simple to pick up. Of course, he is very technical and it will take a long time to master him, but compared to most characters, you can learn the general gist of pikachu rather quickly.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
compared to melee pika is easy to pick up. thats obvioius. to pick up and be ok with pika isnt too hard, but to actually get him to a high level requires a lot of work compared to most chars. really the technical matchup is knowing how to handle every matchup he has. qac isnt that bad.

Sandman516

Smash Rookie
compared to melee pika is easy to pick up. thats obvioius. to pick up and be ok with pika isnt too hard, but to actually get him to a high level requires a lot of work compared to most chars. really the technical matchup is knowing how to handle every matchup he has. qac isnt that bad.
agree...a "rookie" pika could jst spam pika's d-smash every 2.5 secs...(but who doesnt at times)...:ohwell:...but a "high level" pika would use moves like Quack n etc...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Been here long enough.

Top Bottom