• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Chis

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Robots = Boxob
Electic = random mod/admin

[19:41] Robots erraugh: I got banned for making a list of who's cool on sonic boards, fawk you guyz.
[19:41] Robots erraugh: <3
[20:57] Robots erraugh: Oh
[20:57] ElectricSax906: (auto-response from electricsax906) Doing work of the home variety...
[20:57] Robots erraugh: So, I get banned, and I should have been, I get that
[20:57] Robots erraugh: But
[20:57] Robots erraugh: Chis is being a huge douche bag to everyone, does he get infractions for being a total c***f***?
[20:58] Robots erraugh: Serious question, and this is Boxob.
[20:59] ElectricSax906: he does
[20:59] ElectricSax906: but as much as you all don't like him, some you overreact way too much
[20:59] ElectricSax906: and that gets some of you in trouble even more
[20:59] Robots erraugh: Oh, I realize the trouble and how we're all making useless flames and threads and s***.
[21:00] Robots erraugh: But I mean, he goes around pissing everyone off, starting trouble for absolutely no reason.
[21:00] ElectricSax906: and "being a total c***f***" isn't necessarily in our categories of infractions
[21:00] ElectricSax906: but then again, "general trolling" isn't either, strangely
[21:00] ElectricSax906: so most of what we dole out comes in spam and flaming
[21:00] Robots erraugh: Well, trolling isn't quantifiable. Neither is being a douche bag
[21:01] ElectricSax906: you do well on the former, and catinthehat on the latter
[21:01] ElectricSax906: ...and memphis in both
[21:01] Robots erraugh: LOL
[21:01] Robots erraugh: Well
[21:01] Robots erraugh: The flames
[21:01] Robots erraugh: at one point where coming from everyone
[21:01] Robots erraugh: except like tenki
[21:01] Robots erraugh: Cause he's a good boy.
[21:03] Robots erraugh: But yeah, /s/ is full of people who like to have fun and be productive at the same time. Chis likes to go around and stop both of those things from happening.
[21:03] Robots erraugh: When it's 'time' to 'spam' he'll go around reporting everyone. when it's serious talk time, he'll come in and make one line posts
[21:03] Robots erraugh: Something I was BANNED for. :/
[21:04] ElectricSax906: tbh, one-line posts are not what you're currently banned for
[21:04] Robots erraugh: Oh I know that
[21:04] Robots erraugh: I've been banned a couple times
[21:04] ElectricSax906: clearly
[21:04] Robots erraugh: lol
[21:04] Robots erraugh: Well
[21:04] Robots erraugh: Right now what pushed me past the 5 point limit was the 'cool list' thread
[21:05] ElectricSax906: (6 point)
[21:05] Robots erraugh: the limit is five, having six gets you banned
[21:05] ElectricSax906: for future info
[21:05] ElectricSax906: ah, fair enough
[21:05] Robots erraugh: Yeahh, but
[21:05] Robots erraugh: that thread whilst completely 'useless'
[21:05] Robots erraugh: it's s*** like that that keeps the boards from being dead, and keeps people coming back
[21:06] Robots erraugh: There's a reason why Sonic boards are so active and productive
[21:06] Robots erraugh: it's actually you know, enjoyable sometimes
[21:06] ElectricSax906: fun is in the eye of the beholder, in many facets of life
[21:07] Robots erraugh: True as that may be, fact is, we're the most productive board on SWF.
[21:07] ElectricSax906: define productive
[21:07] ElectricSax906: in how you see it
[21:08] Robots erraugh: The amount of work that gets done to benefit the community.
[21:08] ElectricSax906: then bear in mind that you guys should alter the way you are "productive"
[21:09] ElectricSax906: because it causes problems for many people on the board and it actually retroactively gives your cubcommunity a bad name
[21:09] ElectricSax906: subcommunity*
[21:09] Robots erraugh: Lol, SBR already thinks we're just a bunch of fanboys, what's the difference?
[21:09] Robots erraugh: but seriously
[21:10] Robots erraugh: I see where you're coming from on that, it's true, nobody likes Sonic boards outside of those in it
[21:11] Robots erraugh: It's hard to keep members coming back without having a tertiary forum withing Sonic Boards, like a forum games section, lol.
[21:11] Robots erraugh: But hey, I'll stop the spamming, I think.
[21:11] Robots erraugh: From my end, at leasty
[21:11] Robots erraugh: least
[21:12] ElectricSax906: that would be appreciated
[21:12] ElectricSax906: now, as my away msg might indicate, i need to get back to hw and studying
[21:12] Robots erraugh: Ah, sorry about that >_>
[21:12] Robots erraugh: Good luck, thanks for listening, peace.
[21:12] ElectricSax906: later

lolololololol <3 Boxob.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It depends on the offense, but it's normally a month.

That could be one reason to justify his spam.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You really are pathetic aren't you? Thinking that you're important or something. And what infractions? That was BS. Focus more on real life catinthehat, and less on sb members silly.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Chis, I came into this thread with the same sorta mindset... "Oh gawd, another spammy threadgame/flaming-type thread rather than something actually related to Sonic."

But you've got to realize, that you're also to blame for a lot of the recent bickering. Smashboards doesn't have to be 100% serious business; the Sonic boards have had their ups and downs, but Box is right that even his pseudospam threads have encouraged some interesting legitimate Sonic discussion and certainly have kept our community going when it would be pretty lifeless otherwise.

I don't approve of the hating-on-n00bs that happens here, and some other stuff, but there are ways you could express your concerns without completely antagonizing a number of the regulars (and decent Sonics, I might add) that have been the lifeblood of /s/ until now. In many cases you've been as spammy as them, while staying technically within the legal bounds.

ex. Boxob will start a thread that's a joke, but it will get people talking about some interesting property of Sonic's moveset. You'll start a thread that's meant to be useful, but that's just a repost of old info, or re-starting an older but equivalent thread. So your thread gets spammed by people questioning the need for the thread, and it becomes unproductive. Which scenario is better; having fun and being productive, or being technically correct but without any real advancement?

I don't mean to knock your efforts here, and I have been pleased with a lot of the work you've done on the Sonic boards... but there comes a point where you should realize that being disliked can be as bad as disliking people; it might be evidence of a problem in your own behaviour.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Infzy seems to have a very good point...it's irony, what threads Boxob makes, when pertaining to Sonic, are like so obviously spam, that we actually make something out of it...

That's deep man...

Anyway we could make this thread useful and then talk about the people who frequent these boards. I nominate myself for next week!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh well with that in mind he can always just change it or something...didn't he do that with your thread Cap'n?

Well anyway yeah, it's either that or he'll close it, either way we're fine with it.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
There is fair bit of conflict between members atm. We need to remember its just the internet and grudges aren't necessary lol. As for the chat...since when were we the most productive? That a self proclaimed title?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Mhm, probably.

What we really might be though is the most productive boards that can still tolerate spam and s***.

I'm pretty sure there are other boards out there who get things done maybe faster or have less spam on it, but they probably aren't as fun/chaotic as this place.

Fucking Sonic boards.

:090:

And

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Threads about certain members aren't allowed.

And for future reference, it is not okay to go around spamming until you get 5 points, then waiting for them to expire, only to get 5 points again. Doing so is trolling in my book, and is a bannable offense.

I know I've been pretty cool with you guys, but my patience is running pretty **** thin. Stop making spam threads. I don't care if you guys have fun with a spam post or two, but the forum rules still apply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom