• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We should update the Compendium of Knowledge thread

Signia

Smash Lord
soudns like a good idea.

yeah i like tap reset over jab resent. and i lold at forced wakeup.
you probably "lold" at "wakeup" which is a very commonly used term in FGs, shows what you know.

Bones0

Smash Legend
you might want to read it again then... you can't use the C-stick to SDI, you can only use it to ASDI.
I never said you could use the C-stick to SDI, I just meant it took me forever to figure out what the C-stick did as opposed to the regular control stick. If ASDI'ing and SDI'ing have different effects, it didn't make it very clear in the thread. It seems natural to assume Automatic Smash DI is just an easier way of using Smash DI.

As far as organizing a thread, I suggest anyone who knows what they are talking about just go to Smash Wiki and get at least the basics down. It seems much more flexible than having one person control a sort of master thread that should be updated constantly rather than all put together at once. It's too hard to organize the amount of information currently missing in one "sitting," so to speak.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
The thread actually made it incredibly clear what the difference between SDI and ASDI was. That thread is one of the most informative posts ever written on these boards.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
We should also clearly and concisely define the term "metagame" because I feel that some people still use the word incorrectly. =/
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=metagame

Entry #2. It's not a complete definition, but it's pretty good. Metagame also includes tactics that affect results but occur outside of gameplay such as scouting opponents, bracket manipulation, counterpicks, choosing a doubles partner and so on.

Top Bottom