• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

Flik

Smash Journeyman
My top ten would be:

Agnès + Tiz, Edea and Ringabell as alts (Bravely Default)
Blue Mary (Fatal Fury)
Celica + Alm as a dual fighter (Fire Emblem)
Charlotte + Jonathan as a dual fighter (Castlevania)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Lilligant (Pokemon)
Miriam (Bloodstained)
Sakura (Sakura Wars)
Shanoa (Castlevania)
Tifa (Final Fantasy)

I know dual fighters are nearly impossible nowdays so whatever. Also, I wish they'd make characters as alts like the DQ Heroes, Alph and Bowser Jr's sibilings. Eirika as an Lucina alt would be cool :)

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
(Pokemon/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
Like said, Pokemon doesn't have specific gender is most cases. Rare exception like Trainer, Pichu and Pikachu all happen to have new skins within Smash 5. While I'm fine with the support of certain pokemos as fighters, just this isn't too relevent with the thread topic.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Like said, Pokemon doesn't have specific gender is most cases. Rare exception like Trainer, Pichu and Pikachu all happen to have new skins within Smash 5. While I'm fine with the support of certain pokemos as fighters, just this isn't too relevent with the thread topic.
surely thats up to the thread owner

D

Deleted member

Pokemon are considered gender neutral. It doesn't matter to them.

What I won't take is that of the female gender. Sure you can add as much genderless characters as you want but the female demographic is what's most lacking.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon are considered gender neutral. It doesn't matter to them.

What I won't take is that of the female gender. Sure you can add as much genderless characters as you want but the female demographic is what's most lacking.
are we still good to talk about female only pokemon?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes, but the PMD Gardevoir is a specific member of that species who is ALWAYS a female, which is why I mentionned her here, plus Gardevoir herself is hella feminine, and Spin Off like Pokken use a Female Gardevoir, so I thought it was relevent here

D

Deleted member

Well, yes, but the PMD Gardevoir is a specific member of that species who is ALWAYS a female, which is why I mentionned her here, plus Gardevoir herself is hella feminine, and Spin Off like Pokken use a Female Gardevoir, so I thought it was relevent here
As much as you would say, male Gardevoirs do exist. Back in Vanilla RSE, Wally used to have a male Gardevoir before ORAS made it intk a Gallade which was more associated with the masculine gender. Either way, this proves that as feminjne as Pokemon go, they're still gender neutral.

To change up the topic a bit, I'm curious if anyone heard of the rumor of 2B being in the roster due to a certain tweet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Indeed. Gardevoir is also mostly female too.

What did you think of my gardevoir moveset?

As much as you would say, male Gardevoirs do exist. Back in Vanilla RSE, Wally used to have a male Gardevoir before ORAS made it intk a Gallade which was more associated with the masculine gender. Either way, this proves that as feminjne as Pokemon go, they're still gender neutral.

To change up the topic a bit, I'm curious if anyone heard of the rumor of 2B being in the roster due to a certain tweet.
I am not sure. What tweet are you talking about? That 2b for smash thing? That was an automatic reply

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not sure. What tweet are you talking about? That 2b for smash thing? That was an automatic reply
Yeah...that thing.

Was it just a typographical error by the Twitterbots running the account or...

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Talking about 2B, how does this thread feel about her as a character ? Wouldn't her revealing outfit be a problem for smash ?

D

Deleted member

Talking about 2B, how does this thread feel about her as a character ? Wouldn't her revealing outfit be a problem for smash ?
*googles 2B*

Eh, that outfit looks pretty tame to me.

To be fair Bayo does reveal a tinge of celavage in her Bayo1 outfit and fem!Byleth does show some legs so...

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but next time we saw her in an important role, she was the Signature Pokemon of the Champion in X & Y, and was always a Female in there

Gardevoir as a species is gender neutral, but Gardevoir as in the character from PMD, is a female character, there is no Gardevoir in PMD that are naturally Male, you can make a Kirlia evolve into a Gardevoir even though they are male, but, the one that is actually in the story in the many PMD games she re-appeared in, is a female 100 percent of the time, which is why I counted her in
Indeed. Gardevoir is also mostly female too.

What did you think of my gardevoir moveset?
It was pretty cool ! I liked it ! Even though her echo seem like a pretty random choice haha, but I respect your choices !

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
*googles 2B*

To be fair Bayo does reveal a tinge of celavage in her Bayo1 outfit and fem!Byleth does show some legs so...
You have a point, even though Bayonetta got radicaly toned down, she still retained what made her "risqué" in the first place.

While we're on the subject of a female rep from Square Enix, between Lara Croft and 2B, wich one would you rather have ? I feel like Lara is more iconic but 2B's a bit more relevant nowadays (though that doesn't seem to be an important criteria for Sakurai.)

D

Deleted member

That's true, but next time we saw her in an important role, she was the Signature Pokemon of the Champion in X & Y, and was always a Female in there

Gardevoir as a species is gender neutral, but Gardevoir as in the character from PMD, is a female character, there is no Gardevoir in PMD that are naturally Male, you can make a Kirlia evolve into a Gardevoir even though they are male, but, the one that is actually in the story in the many PMD games she re-appeared in, is a female 100 percent of the time, which is why
That's...a valid reason per se. ;)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah...that thing.

Was it just a typographical error by the Twitterbots running the account or...
Obviously an automated response. Someone also did it with the twitter handle cacomallow.

*googles 2B*

The main issue of 2B is panty shots
Sakurai has said that the cero ratimg has not wanted any panty shots, and she gives a ton of them.

Gardevoir as a species is gender neutral, but Gardevoir as in the character from PMD, is a female character, there is no Gardevoir in PMD that are naturally Male, you can make a Kirlia evolve into a Gardevoir even though they are male, but, the one that is actually in the story in the many PMD games she re-appeared in, is a female 100 percent of the time, which is why I counted her in

It was pretty cool ! I liked it ! Even though her echo seem like a pretty random choice haha, but I respect your choices !
At the time there was a rumor saying she was coming with a Gothitelle echo, hence why i made the set that way

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As much as you would say, male Gardevoirs do exist. Back in Vanilla RSE, Wally used to have a male Gardevoir before ORAS made it intk a Gallade which was more associated with the masculine gender.
slight nitpick, gallade is the male gender only not just associated with it

i think theres a certain character already in smash with a worse outfit thats been censored

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
all they gotta do is add some sorts or leggings to 2B and she would be fine. I would say make he dress closed but yoko would probably have a fit with changing the dresses design

Troykv

Smash Master
Looks kinda neat-o.

Hope they could make Tellius remakes for whatever console comes after the Switch in order to help promote the game.
I hope so, I'm hoping for it every day!

slight nitpick, gallade is the male gender only not just associated with it

i think theres a certain character already in smash with a worse outfit thats been censored
Are you talking about Female Corrin? The character that like 2B also wears a leotard but unlike her it's pretty much always exposed xD

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Are you talking about Female Corrin? The character that like 2B also wears a leotard but unlike her it's pretty much always exposed xD
i was referring to that creepy demon lady

i cant think what female corrin's outfit looks like

D

Deleted member

She would be more hype than Joker in my opinion.
Joker had the surprise factor added in with the fact that Persona 5 is what made the franchise evn more mainstream than expected.

2B would be yet another character that would have the hype addition with the "No game on Nintendo system" surprise. Only this time it's from a much, much newer series that would STILL be super hype.

Just to let it out, if we get a male as our FP6 I'd be fine but for me, even if the character is hype, I fear the rest of the pass because speculation is focusing on males AGAIN and this leads to a bad start for the advocacy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Joker had the surprise factor added in with the fact that Persona 5 is what made the franchise evn more mainstream than expected.

2B would be yet another character that would have the hype addition with the "No game on Nintendo system" surprise. Only this time it's from a much, much newer series that would STILL be super hype.

Just to let it out, if we get a male as our FP6 I'd be fine but for me, even if the character is hype, I fear the rest of the pass because speculation is focusing on males AGAIN and this leads to a bad start for the advocacy.
Dixie Kong? Shantae? Elma? KOS-MOS? 2B? It doesn't matter as long as we can get one of them in this Pass I'll be very satisfied.

Top Bottom