• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidfanboy90

Smash Rookie
This is Metroidfanboy90 from Nintendo.com

Anyone here got anything to say to me then say it. I see U made a complained thread about me. Im honoured. But i still say wavedashing is a cheat-ish way 2 win. U explore what was not meant to be in the game, and u use it to your advantage. Yes i can wavedash very well now, but i dont plan to use it because most people will disconnect if ur playing Brawl online or they will say ur cheating. People will make "rules" saying u cant wavedash in their games. You will be looked upon with disfavor. People will look at u and say: "Oh dont play with him he's a WDer!" Well well. Its true. If it was made for that it would've been said in the instruction manual!!

IDC if ppl WD ive learned how 2 do it, and if ppl try to do it to me, then i wont WD back. Ill just counteract it with a long rang attack. WD will prove futile

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
I personally have no real opinion on wavedashing. I never bothered learning how to use it, and none of my friends did either. From the video's I've seen on YouTube, it doesn't look particularly cheap, or even very useful. They should probably take it out if it's an exploit but, hey, tehy kept L-cancelling from SSB to Melee.

Also, I'm sure if you got your own complaint thread you must be kinda' a jerk. Either that or people are REALLY pissy about their right to wavedash.

Kirye

Smash Ace
It's just wave dashing, what are you whining about? It's a fighting game where people use anything IN THE GAME to an advantage, is it cheating? No, it's improvising. Next you're gonna say chain grabs, shine spiking, spiking in general, Jiggs rest move, and so forth are cheap, they're not, ANYTHING you use is an advantage to a fighting game. Now if you had a modified control to short hop or something, then yes, I can understand that, but otherwise what people use to play a fighting game with is what they do, you can whine all you want but you're not advocating anything, you're just simply provoking it.

And by the way, if you really wanted to "stop" something, you might wanna start with working on your vocabulary beforehand.

Metroidfanboy90

Smash Rookie
Oh please! -_- I really dont care if you people WD. It's stupid, it's crap, and IDC cause i can beat the crap outta anyone without WD anyways!

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
But i still say wavedashing is a cheat-ish way 2 win. U explore what was not meant to be in the game, and u use it to your advantage.
Not meant to be in the game... what's this based on? You work for Hal? The common answer has been that they knew about it as it was a result of their physics programming, and they decided to leave it in.

People will make "rules" saying u cant wavedash in their games. You will be looked upon with disfavor. People will look at u and say: "Oh dont play with him he's a WDer!" Well well. Its true. If it was made for that it would've been said in the instruction manual!!
If Hal doesn't want it in Brawl, it won't be in brawl, if it remains in the game, it's because they want it there. l-canceling is not in the manual. I bet people will have "no l-canceling" games too. Was that not supposed to be in the game either, weird how it was in the original too...

IDC if ppl WD ive learned how 2 do it, and if ppl try to do it to me, then i wont WD back. Ill just counteract it with a long rang attack. WD will prove futile
You're right, you found the counter to wavedashing, a long range attack, I bet I can beat Ken now.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
Go back to Nintendo.com .... lol. This has been discussed 1000 times. For further arguments on wavedashing, use the search.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Dear god SORE LOSER! I'm sorry but r u so ******** and scared that u cant beat ppl who WD? There are much harder advanced techs to counter plus u cant stop ppl from playin the game how they want. if u wanna believe that ppl will disconnect from fights just cos of WDing fine the less noobs the better. I say bring on the challenge and quit whining.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
You know what else isn't in the manuel? Samus' extended grappler, so if you use it, you're a cheater, right? Double Jump Cancelling wasn't in the manuel, and it's taking advantage of Ness/Yoshi/Peach/Metwo's 2nd jumps to FAKE OUT opponents! Maybe even CHEAT them out of a hit! THATS CHEATING!!!

The point is: You're a tool. Wavedashing exists, use it to your advantage or don't.

hrairoo

Smash Cadet
If someone online doesn't want to play me because I wavedash, then I probably wouldn't want to play them either.

Also, instead of saying that wavedashing shouldn't be allowed because it wasn't intentional (even though it probably was), how about telling me how it's cheap? You still have never explained how exactly wavedashing is cheap/cheating.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
metroidfan i guess u dont even missil cancel with samus , do u ? or use ur bombs to go back to the edge ?

missing a downsmash coz ur oponent wded back on ur last stock, then, u get smashed to ur doom

how many times did this happened to u ? thats why u hate wd ? Uo_O

Please stop whining about it. If you can beat ppl who wd , wheres the problem ?

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
Wavedashing has no affect on a person, it just a for show kinda thing. I have beaten several people that wavedash hands down.

Zink

Smash Champion
WDing is not nearly as dangerous as shuffling. But shuffling takes a distinguished eye to see. Stop complaining. Mods'll be here any minute now, so don't worry.

ehjay111

Smash Apprentice
I liked when you said if it was meant to be in the game it would be in the manual. Like shorthopping, and l cancelling and teching are right? But all those are glitchs exploited by us too? O wait they actually aren't glitchs and ARE meant to be in the game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If they keep Wavedash in brawl, its cause the developers want it to stay, if not then oh well we'll keep on playing, understand, the guys KNEW about the glitch, and decided to keep it. and we pretty much dont care what u think , wavedashin isnt cheatin, is a way of of counterin as play mind games with the oponent, if its CHEATING it would be abnned in tournaments, wouldnt it? in other words WD is permitted, and the bst gamers use it as a normal defensive/offensive technique that takes SKILL to learn, and that the primary thing u need to be a great player, skill... if u say its cheating then why did u learn it in the 1st place? besides if WD is in brawl, many will use WD, it will be hard to find some guy that doesnt, and thus if u dont play against WD, u pretty much wont play as much online as others, while WDers will be having a good time fighting online... the fact that u dont give us a good answer of why wd is cheatin wont change our minds, and I doubt it will even WITH a good answer, we'll keep on using it, and will use it online...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Lol... Wavedashing is another way of movement, it doesn't really give you that much of an upper edge... The Ultimate Smasher of the World Ken rarely uses wavedash in his battles, so don't think that its very cheap...

About implementing wavedash into the game, it would somewhat lose a bit of competitive play if it was taken out, but people will still forever get this game because of how fun it is...

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind wavedashing but c stick smashing on the other hand should go. (it's not in sp so why is it in mp)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, you need grammer class, 2 =/=to
U=/= you

And besides, even if you D/c on anyone who wavedashes, I would rather not have played you anyway, If you cannot wavedash, you are wasting an advantage that is rather easily learned, and extremely useful... Stop Being a drama queen, nobody cares, fact is, If wavedashing is "cheating" So is dash dancing... and Piviting, and if it was that much of a glitch than why is it in the pal version, and all of the new version, and even if nintendo hated it, it is still accepted by the community, the people who host the tourneys you lose at because your gameplay is run in your head by rules you made up to be fair...

Anyone have the link to sirlin playing to win, the free short article he wrote

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post,

Ehjay111 very good point, teching is not in the manuel, and there is an ANIMATION for it, you cannot say that someone accidentaly put a button command, that can be done with more than one button, with every character, that has an animation is a glitch! But teching is still not in the manuel, so what.

Not saying that wavedash was at all on purpose, but it was not seen to be so cheap as to remove it from competitive play, and to be taken in the later versions...

The thing is, I hope it is in brawl, a lot of people agree.. A lot of people disagree, we will see when the games come out, but I hope that it is, It really added a competitive edge to the game that will be lost, not all of the skill based action will be lost mind you, but a lot of it will go

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
i dont know WHY im replyign to this but w/e

I can beat ppl who WD, im just annoyed at the fact that people cant play the game properly without WDing!
captain falcon players hardly wavedash if at all.

Ok maybe WD was overlooked in the game. Like a glitch, and they didn't kno about it. How bout that?
they didnt. they saw it in the game and it has some funky title, like "land slide" or something like that, i honestly dont remember, but they DID see it.

Wavedashing has no affect on a person, it just a for show kinda thing. I have beaten several people that wavedash hands down.
wavedashing isnt for show. you beat scrubs.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
wavedashing isnt for show. you beat scrubs.
I have to disagree with that one. Its like AlphaZealot said in the SSBM Compendium of knowledge- "Learning to wavedash does not mean immediate ownership of your friends"
Just because you can wavedash very well doesnt mean you can beat anybody. The reason you can beat these "scrubs" is because your just better then they are. Remember Aniki :)

Anyway on topic: I dont think people will ban wavedashing on their online games because, like i said, If you cant beat someone who wavedashes, its because theyre better than you, not becuase they wavedash. Maybe online play will make these pro-wavedashers see how many people can still be good without wavedashing.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
what exactly about wavesdashing do you find cheap? If somebody starts wavedashing before your eyes do you instantly lose a stock? Lol, the freeze glitch is actually cheap as it actually effects the opponent. Are you at all impaired when your opponent wavedashes? Lmao, if you can beat ppl who wavedash then quit complaining.

Metroidfanboy90

Smash Rookie
Ok fine! I dont have a prob. with WDing. But could someone tell me what is this jump canceling and missle canceling? And how 2 do it? I would be happy if someone can tell me or PM me.

I Take back what i said on WDing ok?

JBDawg

Smash Rookie
Lol. You are purely an idiot. First you say how much you hate Wavedashing; with no reason of course. Then, you take back what you said all of a sudden after people tell you how stupid you are. Pathetic. Brawl will be amazing, hopefully they will keep Wavedashing in, as it serves as a means to a higher level of gameplay. If you need to whine and complain about something built into the physics of a fighting game, go cry to your mommy. Learn to play the game. If it's in the game, use it. If it isn't tournament banned, use it. And use the **** search function if you want to find something. It makes noobs that much more annoying when they are completely illiterate.

Plomid

Smash Ace
iTS NOT CHEAP CUSE THE OTHER PLAYER CAN DO iT TO iF HE PRACTiCES!!!
and if you change your opinion why doint you explain what you´ve learned to your fwends on nintendo.com;)

Takalth

Smash Ace
Ok fine! I dont have a prob. with WDing. But could someone tell me what is this jump canceling and missle canceling? And how 2 do it? I would be happy if someone can tell me or PM me.

I Take back what i said on WDing ok?
Visit the Samus forums in the character specific section. You'll find tons of awesome techniques (the missile cancel, since you asked specifically, is where you fire a missile right before you land, and you recover from it much more quickly than you would otherwise. It may not sound impressive right now, but good players can do some pretty amazing stuff with this).

And JBDawg, why are you bashing him, he gave an opinion, people argued it, and he decided that his opinion was wrong. I think people should be commended for admitting they were wrong when new points are brought up, rather than flamed because they wouldn't stick to a position they no longer agreed with.

Kirye

Smash Ace
What I find funny is, that he says he can beat WDers easy, but he doesn't know what missle-cancelling and jump-cancelling is. XD

But yeah, Brawl ftw!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Seriously wavedashing is not thats almighty of a move that people online won't play you if you use it.In fact they are probably going to have a hard time finding players if they do adopt this foolish manisfesto.Stop whining and get over it.In the brawl trailer mario does a land dash after an aerial,so it looks like it will be in.Seriously one of if not the best Links in the world(Aniki if you've never heard of him) doesn't wave dash at all and he's able to go toe to toe with Ken and Bombsoilder and Captain Jack.No johns,not even a little.If wavedasing was so "godly" and was "cheating" then Luigi and IC's would win all the tournies............but they don't..........ever.

JBDawg

Smash Rookie
And JBDawg, why are you bashing him, he gave an opinion, people argued it, and he decided that his opinion was wrong. I think people should be commended for admitting they were wrong when new points are brought up, rather than flamed because they wouldn't stick to a position they no longer agreed with.
I think it's fantastic that he finally changed his mind. I'm just tired of hearing people whine and complain because they think something built into a game is unfair. If it's part of the physics, it's fair game. And also, just like him, I expressed my opinion. I'm pretty sure that's what forums are about. So why are you busting my balls? Also, I'm pretty sure none of the points brought up are anything new. Like everyone else said, this topic has been gone over 1000 times about whether or not Wavedashing was intended to be in the game.

Metroidfanboy90

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys i see the error of my ways. Now can u stop flaming me? GOD!
I know how to missle cancel i just didnt know the official term that people used. I just did it.

JBDawg

Smash Rookie
So nail him before he changes his opinion, not after.
I'll just end this stupid argument now. You aren't even bothering to read what I say. You just picked out bits and pieces, slapped them together, and judged me by the new abomination which you created. No point arguing with an idiot. Fin.

Croco

Smash Lord
I don't care for wavedashing..
Never cared to master it.
I have encountered a few friends who have tried to use it.. but I just use some item with a projectile to stop them.
Though I have notice that heavy wavedash users ask me to turn the items off then players who do not wavedash.. that doesn't bother me that much. I have even kicked a guy's butt who would just wavedash constantly when I used Bowser against him with the items off.

Either way I play the game because it is fun.. if I lose.. I lose.. and I try over and over again to figure out why I lost. I try to figure out my opponent's weakness and then try to beat him/her. Even if I lose I still had fun playing the game, it's the challenge that I enjoy. If it is in Brawl.. there isn't much anything any wavedash haters can do about it.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
I don't care for wavedashing..
Never cared to master it.
I have encountered a few friends who have tried to use it.. but I just use some item with a projectile to stop them.
Though I have notice that heavy wavedash users ask me to turn the items off then players who do not wavedash.. that doesn't bother me that much. I have even kicked a guy's butt who would just wavedash constantly when I used Bowser against him with the items off.

Either way I play the game because it is fun.. if I lose.. I lose.. and I try over and over again to figure out why I lost. I try to figure out my opponent's weakness and then try to beat him/her. Even if I lose I still had fun playing the game, it's the challenge that I enjoy. If it is in Brawl.. there isn't much anything any wavedash haters can do about it.
lol@items+"never cared to master it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom