• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

opiumfish13

Smash Rookie
eh..

I really don't understand why people still respond to these kind of threads. Metroidfanboy90, please refer to the Samus section of the forum under Melee -> Character Specific. If I were to guess your age, I would say you are about 15ish? Rhetorical ?. Peace.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
starting a debate about wd , an adv tech , then asking for more adv techs for his char is a lil stupid. Wd is cheap? , then dont learn misil cancel and so.
So much argue about it and u dont even play ssbm at a comptitive level o_O

Metroidfanboy90

Smash Rookie
starting a debate about wd , an adv tech , then asking for more adv techs for his char is a lil stupid. Wd is cheap? , then dont learn misil cancel and so.
So much argue about it and u dont even play ssbm at a comptitive level o_O
WTH are u yapping about? Read above before jumping in the middle of a thread

takieddine

Smash Master
Well if you are winning, your competion is no where near good.

I've met people that would make you lose hope in the game... That is why you need the advanced techs, where simply remaking your game against a person dosent cut it anymore...

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
i ve posted before , not my problem if ur blind
U say wd is cheap. Why are u asking ppl to explain u other adv techs ?
I dont know why u started this. u said that u can beat ppl that use wd
Before u posted here u knew that ppl would play online using wd despite of ur opinion. U know the ppl that go to tournaments WILL use wd online. ppl d/cing because of wd ? please....only those newbies who dont know what wd is will or they ll just look for some info about that slide h4x

All urs post shows ur lvl.

a pro samus player that has not implemented wd in his game ? Im sorry but i dont think so. ur not an exception

if u want to prove something u should upload some vids , so we can see some pro reading

Takalth

Smash Ace
I'll just end this stupid argument now. You aren't even bothering to read what I say. You just picked out bits and pieces, slapped them together, and judged me by the new abomination which you created. No point arguing with an idiot. Fin.
Nice plan: "Maybe if I make an accusation without backing it up, then throw out a couple insults, he'll go away, and I'll win by virtue of having the last word."

Metroidfanboy90

Smash Rookie
Im not a pro Samus Player. I've mastered Link, and he dosent WD as well as luigi or Marth anyways...ill just use other strategies 2 win! :)

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
OK now where are the administrators to end this nightmare???!?!?!
Seriously tho the arguments just pointless now unless any of u still feel like celebratin brawll?
BRAWL FTW!!!!!!!!11111

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Brawl FTW!
But seriously if you guys think this thread is so stupid stop continuing it. End of story.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
i ve posted before , not my problem if ur blind
U say wd is cheap. Why are u asking ppl to explain u other adv techs ?
I dont know why u started this. u said that u can beat ppl that use wd
Before u posted here u knew that ppl would play online using wd despite of ur opinion. U know the ppl that go to tournaments WILL use wd online. ppl d/cing because of wd ? please....only those newbies who dont know what wd is will or they ll just look for some info about that slide h4x

All urs post shows ur lvl.

a pro samus player that has not implemented wd in his game ? Im sorry but i dont think so. ur not an exception

if u want to prove something u should upload some vids , so we can see some pro reading
You aren't typing in proper English. That's fine but you made a "u" capital in the beginning of your third sentence . :laugh:

Anyway, Sukui(I think is spelled)said we will have BASIC online features. I guess we need to know the opponent's Wii-codes to play.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
These people that say wavedashing is cheating will never get to be pros.
These people are stupid.
These people should die.

Sorry fot the multi post...but thats just a horrible thng to wish on anybody. I seriously think you should edit that, unless you were joking. It's people like you that makes expets say video games are bad. I really hope you dont mean that. And yes, wavedashing is a good thing to have, but t's really used for mind games and setting up combos. And Fox.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
Alright alright, metroidfanboy90 walked in thinking he could argue the point that wavedash is cheap and you people showed him the error of his ways. Now enough bashing ok?

Metroidfanboy90, welcome to smashboards. I hope you enjoy your stay and learn some new stuffs along the way.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
This gets linked to just about every time this discussion comes up. http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-part-1/
It's something I think we all read or talk about here at some point, and it'll relaly open your mind.
But on the topic of wavedashing, I hope they take it out, not because I think it's it cheap, but because I want to see a new game, not just SSBM with more stages and characters.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i did.

now the_air_up_there7, if u use it with falco how can u not see it useful?

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing is useful, only n00bs think that it isn't, *cough*Oorp*cough*

fluffy

Smash Champion
is that true? that only noobs think that it isnt? that its too hard to do and so its not worth the time to practice it?

its not a mandatory move. hell, aniki doesnt wavedash yet hes still one of japan's top smashers. but then wavedashing adds more fun to the frigin game. i just dont understand how ppl think that wavedashing isnt fun. cuz it IS fun. i mean shiek is a glitch in the game...but wavedashing was meant to be in the beginning

Epok

Smash Ace
from what i saw from the dx game play i noticed that the dodge system seems faster. maybe meaning that they are try to get rid of wavedashing. althought it works well, i wouldnt be mad if they took it out.

fluffy

Smash Champion
its a joke :/

zelda in general isnt that good but pressing down+b makes her top tier. get it?

JBDawg

Smash Rookie
just wasn't a funny joke. =oP zelda isnt a bad character, she's just slow. wavedashing doesn't help her cause much either. but those **** zelda kicks are clutch.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Wavedashing isn't exactly a glitch. It's what happens when you air dodge diagonally into the ground, the only difference is that you do it before you actually get into the air. Anyway, the big guys at Nintendo and such recognize wavedashing as a skill in the game, and it may be made into a full-blown ability(like one mentioned in the instruction booklet) in brawl.

greenblob

Smash Lord
is that true? that only noobs think that it isnt? that its too hard to do and so its not worth the time to practice it?

its not a mandatory move. hell, aniki doesnt wavedash yet hes still one of japan's top smashers. but then wavedashing adds more fun to the frigin game. i just dont understand how ppl think that wavedashing isnt fun. cuz it IS fun. i mean shiek is a glitch in the game...but wavedashing was meant to be in the beginning
Aniki wavedashes.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V4VXQOsjLwE
At the very end, he uses a wavedash->edgehog.

NinjaStylez

Smash Rookie
first of all... wavedashing in and of itself does nothing to pwn your friends, or others in general. The main difference between most smash players is their ability to SHFFL properly, and effectively. Wavedashing does however, subtract the distance between players (more quickly than a normal dash) and sets up for a chain, or continuation of a combo. Wavedashing also helps with edgehogging, and moving out of the range of smash attacks, without the lag of a roll. Things that weren't taught in the instruction manual does not make them cheating. The manual basically teaches one how to BASICALLY (emphasis on basic) play the game. But, the game itself is a style point of view. Ken beat Bombsoldier without using the wavedashing technique as much as his opponent. That doesn't make wavedashing better or worse than not using it. Make a possibly longer story short....stop whining so much if it doesn't matter. It won't affect your gameplay. I am sure you beat people like ken, isai, and bombsoldier for fun. I pay homage to your greatness......lol

vZakat

Half Genie
I think it's pretty idiotic when people say that it's wrong to play a game in a way the programmers didn't intend it to be played. It's like telling a kid how to play with a toy and then punishing him if he plays with it incorrectly. It's cruel to hault peoples creativity. You should just let them play with their 'smash toy' how they want to, just don't play with them if you don't like it. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom