• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***WAVEDASHING in Brawl~ UPDATE: FOR REAL!!!!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Well, just a few days after posting this video, it seems REAL wavedashing is in Brawl.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199260 - Original thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xs_UZM28OI - My own video showing wavelanding possibilities with Sonic on Battlefield.

EDIT: Wavedashing is not in Brawl, this thread is not meant to show that wavedashing is in Brawl. This thread is not meant to promote the use of hacked game elements in any sort of competitive play. This thread IS meant to discuss and share videos of strange/useful things that can be done by using the cheating device "Ocarina". I apologize if the thread title is misleading, but it was meant to be a joke.

http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0

Okay, not really. But look at the video shown at that link. Pretty weird, huh? Although Mario is mostly flying, he does do an awful lot of sliding, sort of looks like a very fast, very very long wavedash. I think I'm going to try it out. And no, I did not make, nor did I have any part in the production of this video.

No, I'm not endorsing the use of cheats in tournament play or anything like that (ie. No-trip code). And I'm not somebody who is trying to find wavedashing in Brawl. I just thought this was interesting, kinda funny. It's pretty amazing at the kind of things you can do with Ocarina, though. Maybe I will look into it..

If this thread isn't appropriate for this forum, please move it. )': And forgive me!

Smash_Man001

Smash Cadet
Please don't spam.
Is there actually a video on wavedashing in Brawl? I saw one with sonic doing that. It was pretty cool but other then that I haven't seen much more.

Revven

FrankerZ
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0

Okay, not really. But look at the video shown at that link. Pretty weird, huh? Although Mario is mostly flying, he does do an awful lot of sliding, sort of looks like a very fast, very very long wavedash. I think I'm going to try it out. And no, I did not make, nor did I have any part in the production of this video.

No, I'm not endorsing the use of cheats in tournament play or anything like that (ie. No-trip code). And I'm not somebody who is trying to find wavedashing in Brawl. I just thought this was interesting, kinda funny. It's pretty amazing at the kind of things you can do with Ocarina, though. Maybe I will look into it..

If this thread isn't appropriate for this forum, please move it. )': And forgive me!
Well, that's just scratching the surface. The person who made the Extreme character codes says he could make the air dodge movable (just like Melee) and that would = Wavedashing.

Just an FYI. :p

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's just scratching the surface. The person who made the Extreme character codes says he could make the air dodge movable (just like Melee) and that would = Wavedashing.

Just an FYI. :p
But does a code exist for what happens if somebody directionally airdodges into the ground? Would they still slide? Would it be enough to make a difference?

By the way, WAVEDASHING DOES NOT EXIST IN BRAWL. The thread subject was meant to be a JOKE because there are still people who want to believe it IS in Brawl. The video I posted DOES include sliding across the ground in a wavedash-like fashion, however it also includes Mario FLYING ALL OVER THE EFFING SCREEN. Before you mark this as spam, please realize that the purpose of this thread is to emphasize what kinds of crazy things people can do in Brawl with Ocarina. And if I'm terribly mistaken, and this IS spam, then have a mod delete the thread.

Spoonfeed: What kinds of really weird things have you seen done in Brawl with Ocarina?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wavedashing is not in Brawl. Wavelanding is still in Brawl. Since, you know, all it is airdodging into the ground. It isnt as useful, but it exists.

f you deny this claim, go in Brawl and jump, then press R right before you hit the ground. Wait, you mean you just airdodged and the landed? Now jump and land diagonally and press R. Yayz. You just airdoged down diagonally and actually slid a little bit.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Wavedashing is not in Brawl. Wavelanding is still in Brawl. Since, you know, all it is airdodging into the ground. It isnt as useful, but it exists.

f you deny this claim, go in Brawl and jump, then press R right before you hit the ground. Wait, you mean you just airdodged and the landed? Now jump and land diagonally and press R. Yayz. You just airdoged down diagonally and actually slid a little bit.
Thank you, that answered my question. (:

Revven

FrankerZ
But does a code exist for what happens if somebody directionally airdodges into the ground? Would they still slide? Would it be enough to make a difference?
No, no code exists in fact, no code exists yet for movable air dodges either. I was simply saying it could be done, and that little extension of it could also probably be done. Phantom Wings has done all sorts of crazy crap, from enhancing Falcon's air speed in the Super Falcon code to being able to change the way rolling works (so it's faster) to adding the ability to make Fox always hold his blaster until the end of the match. He's good at it and could probably add (well, not add per se, edit more like it) in the slide if it needed to be added. However, as we've seen, just crouching into the ground on slopes adds minimal sliding, so if just crouching into the ground after a jump makes you slide, air dodging into the ground would probably work the same way only, more useful.

Just an assumption.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
No, no code exists in fact, no code exists yet for movable air dodges either. I was simply saying it could be done, and that little extension of it could also probably be done. Phantom Wings has done all sorts of crazy crap, from enhancing Falcon's air speed in the Super Falcon code to being able to change the way rolling works (so it's faster) to adding the ability to make Fox always hold his blaster until the end of the match. He's good at it and could probably add (well, not add per se, edit more like it) in the slide if it needed to be added. However, as we've seen, just crouching into the ground on slopes adds minimal sliding, so if just crouching into the ground after a jump makes you slide, air dodging into the ground would probably work the same way only, more useful.

Just an assumption.
That's really cool. o_o; I haven't messed with Ocarina yet, but I think I'm gonna go look at all the different codes people have made.

@Beab: The first link shows mostly Mario flying, I know. But there are also instances where he slides across the ground. He also points it out when he charges an upsmash while sliding.

Smash_Man001

Smash Cadet
I can't help but laugh at that and your sig.

On topic: That first link isn't even on the ground. The second was funny, but edited.
Why is everyone so competitive on this board! Everyone is mocking each other just for fun. There is a bit of wavedashing but it hardly is real unlike Melee's.

Top Bottom