• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wave dashin in brawl

Dr.Feelgood

Smash Apprentice
Lol..i say for all the players who want it in brawl..we all say a prayer to the smash god somewere out there.. " PLZZZ DONT REMOVE WD'ING!!!!

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
WDing is teh suck. Im hoping they remove it so that Shuffling is the main Ad Tech. Anyways, ill be off the smashboards for a while, cashed is getting annoying. But I'll see you guys later.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
Nintendo DID mention wavedashing tho.

In one of the Nintendo Power Magazines Nintendo mentioned wavedashing and how to do it in SSBM. I don't know which NP magizine it was but they have mentioned it in thier magizine.
People at OXM did the same thing with the sword snip glitch in Halo 2.

A glitch is a glitch.

0oo0

Smash Cadet
I thought we were told that somethigs in the phyisics engine of the game would change? I forgot where i heard this from...

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Its OK. No hard feeling, fellow Smasher. I cant say that i dont want it in Brawl by saying it would make it uneven for players in Turnies, but then again it all does come down to skill, and if u can wave dash, then you have skill. So...guess its just up to nintendo.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
I can see WD as a modifier in brawl. Not something for the core game, but rather an option that can be turned on or off. Seeing how there is still a large portion of people who don't actually WD.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Yes. Personally I consider WD as a glitch at times... But now we think that its a technique and a style of play.

But don't Nintendo know about WD? If they do, they might still want to have WD to be in brawl too. I dunno. We never know what Masahiro Sakurai will do anyway. We all know its hard to predict a company like Nintendo.

SiegK

Smash Champion
They should just make WDing a new move in itself. As its own combo, it should be used not as a glitch in Brawl but as a real move. Who is for that? And it also depends, maybe wave-dashing wont be able to be preformed in Brawl, maybe Brawl's frames are fast enough to cancel Wave-dashing out. Who knows.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
[QUOTE
EDIT#2: ok...watch VERY closely at 2:22....right there when he gets hit by links arrow...he wavelands into a down smash...

i'v watched da video over and over agian and he does wavedash. Neva caught dat befo.

iankobe

Smash Lord
They should just make it as a basic technique anyway. Its the WII! haha c'mon, its revolution. Imagine that include WD in the instruction booklet and the "how to Play" video. Hahaha. That would be awesome.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
They should just make WDing a new move in itself. As its own combo, it should be used not as a glitch in Brawl but as a real move. Who is for that? And it also depends, maybe wave-dashing wont be able to be preformed in Brawl, maybe Brawl's frames are fast enough to cancel Wave-dashing out. Who knows.
That sounds rather tasty.

SiegK

Smash Champion
[QUOTE
EDIT#2: ok...watch VERY closely at 2:22....right there when he gets hit by links arrow...he wavelands into a down smash...

i'v watched da video over and over agian and he does wavedash. Neva caught dat befo.
Sorry dude, but we have passed that. and It wasnt a wave dash. Look more closly. Hes just landing, you slide a little bit wne you land at an angle, try it. + If it was a wave-dash in that video, the dust mark would have been much greater. But yeah, that would be awesome in the 'how to play' intro. Haha.
"To wave dash, quickly jump during a walk/running state and air dodge using, the L or R trigger, in a fast order to slide across a fragment of the stage...this will take alot of practice, come back in about a week." Haha.

PudgeSX

Smash Cadet
im sorry, if brawl doesnt have the WD, i would never be able to enjoy it as much as i do ssbm. after all the work ive put into learning the mechanics of the game from wavedashing to wave landing to lcanceling to whatever and making every little bit count in my gameplay, if even one of these "glitches" wont be there, i guess ill have to put down that nintendo controller and painfully walk away from smash lol.

wavedashing is something i associate with the game now, not home run bats, hammers, and whatever the nubs think the game is about. to even think of eliminating WDing from tournament style play will cause a nintendo to lose support of the game from the community of serious smashers.

anyways thats my input in the subject, im praying along with dr. feelgood that brawl gives those d*mn glitches a chance.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
It's an exploit. The likelyhood of it actually being in is little to none. They didn't want it in the game in the first place, Brawl will feature a new physics engine and I'm sure Nintendo will make sure that the game is solid this time, at least the singleplayer. The online multi is a totally different story and as Nintendo has never done the online gameplay before and the Wii has very little internal memory, I doubt we will see any patches, so I bet we can expect to see a plethora of glitches and exploits online.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
If you speak of the move mario makes then you are wrong. It is a roll dodge, watch him. He lands and then moves, it's no wavedash.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
It's an exploit. The likelyhood of it actually being in is little to none. They didn't want it in the game in the first place, Brawl will feature a new physics engine and I'm sure Nintendo will make sure that the game is solid this time, at least the singleplayer. The online multi is a totally different story and as Nintendo has never done the online gameplay before and the Wii has very little internal memory, I doubt we will see any patches, so I bet we can expect to see a plethora of glitches and exploits online.

You are fairly dumb. How the freaking crap do you know what Nintendo's opinion is on WD? I'm pretty sure you don't.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Considering they openly stated that it was a form of cheating and that it wasn't meant to be in....... You have no idea what it takes or how to make a game, it's (one again) an EXPLOITATION OF THE PHYSICS ENGINE! You are a child, flaming and calling names because you have a different (and incorrect) opinion. So yes, I do know what they're opinion on wavedashing is. Btw, you have the single worst sig. on this board.......

cF=)

Smash Lord
Considering they openly stated that it was a form of cheating and that it wasn't meant to be in.......
"Wasn't meant to be in" and "cheating" are 2 opposite definitions of wavedashing. The first one is Nintendo's point of view, they are aware of professional players using this technique (as of L-cancelling). The second one, though, is your personnal thoughts about this "exploit" you like to call it. Don't try to feed Nintendo's mouth with your stupidness
You have no idea what it takes or how to make a game, it's (one again) an EXPLOITATION OF THE PHYSICS ENGINE!
I don't believe you were part of Hal developpement team for Smash Bros. nor Melee. Please refrain speaking about something you have no idea about (both video game making and physic laws applied to SSBM)
You are a child, flaming and calling names because you have a different (and incorrect) opinion. So yes, I do know what they're opinion on wavedashing is. Btw, you have the single worst sig. on this board.......
Boy, you make me sad. It's not only the poor grammar you'r using, it's not only the fact you'r new to this board and insult a well known luigi player, it's not only because you don't understand Ka's sig... it's because you support Cola, and THIS, is enough.

I can't take anymore *blows in tears*, GO AWAY.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
i dont think WD will be in brawl. im an advanced player i use it alot, but i dont think it will be in brawl.

i think there are FAAAR more important techniques to be worrying about than wavedashing. wavedashing is incredibly overrated compared to all the other techniques.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Calling WD a glitch is saying that the programmers didn't intentionally want people to slide when they air dodge into the ground. That is all that is happening, you are "jumping" and air dodging into the ground quick enough to make the sliding animation.

That being said, it is *certainly* a physics exploit. The difference between a physics explioit and a glitch is this: a physics exploit is based on the rules provided by the programmer, a glitch is unexplainable.

And yes, if they wanted to remove or have wavedashing as a setting it would be simple. All that is involved is changing a couple of rules. The following would *definitely* make wavedashing impossible (each considered separately):

1. When you air dodge into the ground you do not slide.
2. When you air dodge momentum determines how fast you move in a direction.
3. You can only air dodge after a certain amount of frames after a jump.

Those are some simple fixes to their physics exploit. I personally would rather they kept wavedashing in the next game because it adds an extra skill set to the game. If you want simple controls and to just have a good time you're welcome to do so, but I don't know why you would want to restrict others from having a good time as well.

Edit: grammer

Arj

Smash Apprentice
Considering they openly stated that it was a form of cheating and that it wasn't meant to be in....... You have no idea what it takes or how to make a game, it's (one again) an EXPLOITATION OF THE PHYSICS ENGINE! You are a child, flaming and calling names because you have a different (and incorrect) opinion. So yes, I do know what they're opinion on wavedashing is. Btw, you have the single worst sig. on this board.......
You made that up, they never said it was a form of cheating, if they did I'd like a link or a reference to an article, if you don't have one I suggest you stop pulling made up information out of your ***.

And you constantly just make up information, if they didn't want it in they wouldn't have left it in, it is a well known fact (Nintendo Power I believe) that the game designers found the existence of Wave dashing and left it in, I believe that disproves your assumption they wanted it out. If they did they would have removed it.

It's not the fact you are against WDing as I really don't care about Brawl at all, it's just that you continue to make up ****.

xelad1

Smash Ace
You made that up, they never said it was a form of cheating, if they did I'd like a link or a reference to an article, if you don't have one I suggest you stop pulling made up information out of your ***.

And you constantly just make up information, if they didn't want it in they wouldn't have left it in, it is a well known fact (Nintendo Power I believe) that the game designers found the existence of Wave dashing and left it in, I believe that disproves your assumption they wanted it out. If they did they would have removed it.

It's not the fact you are against WDing as I really don't care about Brawl at all, it's just that you continue to make up ****.
I was going to say this but noticed somone else beat me to it... but yeah the programmers DEFINITELY found out about wavedashing before the game's release and they decided to keep it in the game... moron.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Ok, for those of you who think wavedashing wasn't intentional or a glitch. Get an AR and put it so that while your playing you can see all the info on the screen like frames and such. Try wavelanding and wavedashing, if you notice on the top left corner it clearly says "LANDINGFALLSPECIAL" whenever you wavedash or waveland.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
"Wasn't meant to be in" and "cheating" are 2 opposite definitions of wavedashing. The first one is Nintendo's point of view, they are aware of professional players using this technique (as of L-cancelling). The second one, though, is your personnal thoughts about this "exploit" you like to call it. Don't try to feed Nintendo's mouth with your stupidness

I don't believe you were part of Hal developpement team for Smash Bros. nor Melee. Please refrain speaking about something you have no idea about (both video game making and physic laws applied to SSBM)

Boy, you make me sad. It's not only the poor grammar you'r using, it's not only the fact you'r new to this board and insult a well known luigi player, it's not only because you don't understand Ka's sig... it's because you support Cola, and THIS, is enough.

I can't take anymore *blows in tears*, GO AWAY.
I don't know where to start. My grammar is bad? Coming from the prick that uses "you'r", this is a POSSESIVE form, and not even spelled correctly at that. As for not knowing about making games, shall I scan in my transcripts? Would you like to see the courses I've taken? Yessir, I DO understand what I'm talking about. As for the cheat, I was implying that it could be considered one by Nintendo, the same way Valve believes that using an additional ammo display to be cheating. Listen you selfrighteous ****, I put up with a lot of bull**** on this board but personal attacks are something I refuse to allow, check your own ****ing grammar before you judge mine, and don't talk **** about people you don't know. You have no idea what I do/do not know about the creation of various forms of interactive media and the like.

Metal Doc, turn your AR on, and use a thrid jump or an air dodge, it says "LANDINGFALLSPECIAL" on those too, it's the name of the landing animation, not a WD.

One last thing, I defy ANY of you to PROVE to me that they knew about WD before the game released. If any of you can link me to CONCRETE PROOF, I don't want some quote on a board either, I want real evidence.

Amon Yakamoto

Smash Cadet
O_o

****!
well I was just stoppin by to see what's this about and it seems things are gettin quite heated

Anyway, I believe we really just have to wait and see, but if they take wavedashing out of Brawl, then the matches'll be longer and it won't "as fun" as Melee.

Well, I'm done

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sayonara<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Edit:
whoah, D.A.M.N. is censored? that sucks

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
I don't know where to start. My grammar is bad? Coming from the prick that uses "you'r", this is a POSSESIVE form, and not even spelled correctly at that. As for not knowing about making games, shall I scan in my transcripts? Would you like to see the courses I've taken? Yessir, I DO understand what I'm talking about. As for the cheat, I was implying that it could be considered one by Nintendo, the same way Valve believes that using an additional ammo display to be cheating. Listen you selfrighteous ****, I put up with a lot of bull**** on this board but personal attacks are something I refuse to allow, check your own ****ing grammar before you judge mine, and don't talk **** about people you don't know. You have no idea what I do/do not know about the creation of various forms of interactive media and the like.

Metal Doc, turn your AR on, and use a thrid jump or an air dodge, it says "LANDINGFALLSPECIAL" on those too, it's the name of the landing animation, not a WD.

One last thing, I defy ANY of you to PROVE to me that they knew about WD before the game released. If any of you can link me to CONCRETE PROOF, I don't want some quote on a board either, I want real evidence.

Wow, you're even more dumb than I thought. First off, why are you flaming someone else for them saying you don't know something, when you yourself almost immediately before, decided to tell me what I don't know? "You have no idea what it takes or how to make a game"

And you're calling me the child? I think you need to re-think this one, hypocrite guy.

I asked you how you knew what Nintendo's opinion on WD was, not how the physics engine of modern gaming works. You just completely ignored my question, and just made up a bunch of crap without any supporting information.

Sorry, but saying, "So yes, I do know what they're opinion on wavedashing is." with no actual source information before that statement is pretty ******** of you.

Top Bottom