• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch Apex Smashfest - Chicago

Rat

Smash Lord
Does anyone in chicagoland want to have a Watch Apex Smashfest?

What the smashfest are we talking about here?
Basically we'd get together play friendlies, and watch apex. Maybe a tournament but watching Apex seems way more important.

What we'd need.
1) A Place
2) People
3) Set-ups (duh)
4) PC with internet
5) A Projector or TV hooked up to that tv.

I'll be checking out two places and one projector.

So yeah, Tink just shot me the idea and I want to see if anyone else would be interested. What do you think? Anyone else interested?

metroid1117

Smash Master
This might not matter since Melee isn't even on the 7th, but my friends and I at Northwestern are planning to host a tournament on Saturday. I know I asked some people at Smash to the Future if they'd be willing to attend and it sounded like people wanted a stream; if anyone is still interested, we'll featuring the APEX stream as we play. The thread should be up by this Saturday.

Rat

Smash Lord
Actually, Metroid, that might work out for the best. I might have a small smashfest on friday, then your tournament on saturday.

For the location:
I talked to my friend from school about using his apartment or the buildings party room. The party room is flipping sweet and it's right down town - a block from Columbia/The Downtown Vro Zone. The only problem is that the room might not have internet.

If it does, then I'll host a smashfest there on Friday from 4:30-midnight. That's when the USA vs the World: 8v8 Melee Event is scheduled. Melee singles bracket starts right after that.

If the party room doesn't have internet and no other places come up, we might do it at his apartment. But, it would have to be very small (10 people max) and invite only - I'm not gonna invite random people over to his place.

Tink

Smash Hero
sweet we got some interest =D!

now we just gota plan out where were going to have this at.

Rat

Smash Lord
Sveet posted about doing it at his place. I'm still waiting to here back about the party room.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Since almost everyone I talked to the in the Midwest about actually going to Apex couldn't give me a better answer than "I might be going" or "I'm still not sure if I'm going yet" it seems unlikely I can find local peeps to split a hotel with. If people are completely certain that they're going to Apex and are still looking for people to split a hotel with, please let me know ASAP!

That being said, I'd be down for this if I'm still in Chicago. My place could even be an option to host. I have a fairly large apartment and a very decent sized TV with high speed internet hookup.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Since almost everyone I talked to the in the Midwest about actually going to Apex couldn't give me a better answer than "I might be going" or "I'm still not sure if I'm going yet" it seems unlikely I can find local peeps to split a hotel with. If people are completely certain that they're going to Apex and are still looking for people to split a hotel with, please let me know ASAP!

That being said, I'd be down for this if I'm still in Chicago. My place could even be an option to host. I have a fairly large apartment and a very decent sized TV with high speed internet hookup.
I am for sure going and am down to split a room.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Lance, how many are you going to Apex with? I booked a room at the Hyatt and so far it's me, Duck, and a couple of the MI Brawl guys. Probably will have extra room.

john!

Smash Hero
i still don't know whether i'm going to apex or not lol

would like to hear from other people though

and if i don't go, i would definitely be down for a smashfest like this

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, me and rat talked and figured that most ppl commited to smash/good times would wanna come for a smash/apex fest....its good to hear all those interested.....now we just gotta find/pick a place

Smash Cadet
I am totally down for this. I propose if we do have a tourny, we should do another pancake. :)

Tink

Smash Hero
man, i love the pancake tournament, but it always leaves me wanting more....we should change the format and make it all best of 5, but only 3 stocks, so we get more chars! might be fun

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yo Chicago, get your act together and make plans for Apex if you want to go. Only 3 days left to register.

Lance, you should definitely stay in our hotel room. Let me know if you hear from anyone else, we still have 4-5 spots left in the room.

ORLY

Smash Master
what's the word on this? if someone has an HDMI cable, internet connection, and a projector, my lappy can hook up to the apex stream

and the all day smash is a plus

Tink

Smash Hero
so is no one from chicago going? cause i dont see dart or kellys name registered at all 0_o....step your game up guyss!

Top Bottom