• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warming up to Bills: Saturday, 14 November 2009 (BRING SETUPS!)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
oh I see how it is mike.

Alright then.... we'll see mikey.

I think 60-30-10 has always been a better payout but whichever is fine.

Rayku: I agree with you, everyone needs to man up and at least show, and preferably enter, but you need to enter more melee as well and quit playing whack *** brawl.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Rayku: I agree with you, everyone needs to man up and at least show, and preferably enter, but you need to enter more melee as well and quit playing whack *** brawl.
When was the last time I played Brawl and didn't win money? I haven't played in forever otherwise. I'm just trying to support the community because after Halloween Bash, it obviously sucks

-Rayku

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
how is 10 a minimum for a small local tournament?
under 10-15 people entering = 5 is fine.
o well if it's 10 idk if i have an extra 5 to spare.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
yeah mike g i thought that was your post so i advertised it in my facebook spam ad

speaking of facebook spam
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173392684373

this is GA TECH's Entertainment Software Producers(ESP) semesterly brawl tournament!
the FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT thing to note is that it is not a SERIOUS SMASHBOARDS STYLE TOURNAMENT

Date: Friday, November 13, 2009
Time: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
AT:
Piedmont Room 1st FL of the Georgia Tech Student Center
350 Ferst Dr NW Atlanta, GA

if you are some kind of tourney*** that can't have fun without your battlefield metaknight only type rules then this is not the place for you

HOWEVER: There is NO entrance fee, NO door fee, and pizza will be served there at $1 a slice!
I imagine the hardest part about getting out for an evening of smashing bros @ GT will be finding parking.

the rules are "double-elimination, 1v1, no items, qualified stages only, and restricted on chain-throwing and other exploitations."

don't ask me what exploitations are, just don't be a huge butthead seriously it's a free tournament

i'm not sure what prizes are but last year 1st and 2nd were $40 and $25 Gamestop gift cards(cash prizes not allowed at GT which is why i'm confused at warming up for billz event).

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
ok now that i got the event plug out of the way i can plug this event in the esp brawl event wall!

someone owes me one

also if anyone goes to the bawrl event (it's on Friday 5:00PM) you can promote the melee event in person word of mouth style

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that Billfest was on Sunday. I guess I'm down. Be seeing you crazy kids. YAYUHHHZ

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
i still dont' understand how kazoo pushed through a money dollars tournament on campus i got flamed down last time i tried smth about "it's GAMBLING AND ILLEGAL"
Reason is based on a matter of interpretation. I would explain more, but I will do that later.

Thank you! :)

I was under the impression that Billfest was on Sunday. I guess I'm down. Be seeing you crazy kids. YAYUHHHZ
See you there...:)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I might go for friendlies if i have time for it.

i was saying all those craps because some wanted me to enter the tourney.
well there is no f***ing point of speaking of this anymore.
The tourney's eight hours long. Stop johning and come, or gtfo and take your fail with you. Seriously. :bee:

SleepyK

The tourney's eight hours long. Stop johning and come, or gtfo and take your fail with you. Seriously. :bee:
I like to post about GA's fledgling community and insult them.
Insulting players is the best way to attract them to the community

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I like to post about GA's fledgling community and insult them.
Insulting players is the best way to attract them to the community
actually, it works pretty well.

Remember when GAwes and Bobby used to trash talk half the state? Then Columbus was born lol

SleepyK

it works when you're trash talking, not when you're generally insulting.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
perhaps, but compared to what I've seen in the past, Kazoo wasn't that bad.

and I've seen alot lol

I mean, Kazoo is still being a jerk but hey lol

SleepyK

i guess it's because maus activates my parental instincts since he's like
1) small
2) has no spleen
3)blood platelet combo

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
f'in noob trash talkers these days man when i was a young lad
works better when you insult their smash skill instead of their lifestyle make some sense

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
So where exactly was he making a personal attack on mecatomato

on "johns" or "fail"? I'm not to trying to take Kazoo's side or anything, really i'm not >_>

But mecatomato did make money johns and time Johns and was called out for it..and not just by Kazoo either. The only thing Kazoo should be at fault for is the fact that he is the TO and is expected to be courteous towards people planning to attend his tourney, If he wants to have a good turnout and stuff lol.

Speaking of Johns and trash talk, I'm not going to this. I have to work that day and even while I already knew this a few days ago, I still wanted to have some fun with Xif on here <3 lol. But you disappoint me, man. I was hoping you would reply by saying something like "n**** please! you washed up, son! you aint doing s***" LOL but instead I got "I see how it is....we'll see" wtfO_o. Then after that, Marsfool jumps on that trash talk quick(almost expected, good **** Chris =D) Xif, You should know better than anyone else down here that while I live here, I pose no real threat to you guys =D

hehe..

But anyway, I hope you guys have fun and good luck to you all! then Billsfest :)

GOD!

Smash Ace
I know this is a dumb idea, but pools would be fun. I know they're not needed at all, but I would rather play a guaranteed 3 or 4 matches than possibly two.
I don't know about time though, but I would just love more vids to study and experience and all that.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I know this is a dumb idea, but pools would be fun. I know they're not needed at all, but I would rather play a guaranteed 3 or 4 matches than possibly two.
I don't know about time though, but I would just love more vids to study and experience and all that.
We'll, if we get around 20 people to show up, I can almost guarantee we'll have pools. Don't worry about the time thing, even if we were to somehow go over, it isn't like anyone is taking the activity room after us. ;)

SleepyK

stop using my real name guys jeez

ya i have maus johns

aw crap i just accidentally the whole thing

C......

Smash Apprentice
AAAAWW what?! You're middle initial is S.? If you you were a jerk and nobody liked you I'd come up with so many hilarious jokes at your expense.

quick become an a**hole!

hurry!
yo genio sleepyk just came in my house kicked my dad in the nuts and called him a ******:mad:

Eugenio

Smash Lord
yo genio sleepyk just came in my house kicked my dad in the nuts and called him a ******:mad:
WOW! Are you f*cking kidding me!? I see how it is now sleepygay. If you can take time out of delivering food for your dad to come to this tournament, you better get ready to be roasted like flava flave.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm probably going to this, bringing a full setup and spending however much it cost to enter like I usually do. But I mean, it's whatever.

Top Bottom