• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's grab release punish is back and it works with Little Mac

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Why would Sakurai want a character to be easily KO-able without any skill involved?

Guys you're way over exagerrating this. This is if Mac has his KO move and Wario is already over ~20% (Mac's 1 hit KO isn't a true 1 hit KO, it's simply very strong like Melee Rest) AND Wario isn't able to keep away from Mac and somehow gets grabbed.

Mac has a decent amount of time for his KO move but it's really not thaaat long.

Mac is a really extreme character anyway. Yeah he could occasionally get this combo off of Wario but think of what Wario can do to him. Pick battlefield and camp the platforms, etc. You can gimp Mac very easily.

Honestly it's fine, put some more thought into it and don't jump to emotions so fast.

Ness and Zelda have a similar exploit on most characters out of grab at high %. They press backwards on the control stick, and the enemy dies--it's unavoidable at high %s.

I hope they patch this.
I think this is sarcasm and you're saying that other characters also have very powerful ways to kill with grabs (backthrow) and that this Wario Mac thing is fine, but if it's not sarcasm and I'm misunderstanding, then can you clarify for me?

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Mac actually keeps the KO punch as long as he doesn't get hit hard enough to be sent into a tumble.

Last edited:

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
They killed off his aerial mobility as well, and up air doesn't kill (I don't know what kill move I'm meant to use with any characters atm).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
They killed off his aerial mobility as well, and up air doesn't kill (I don't know what kill move I'm meant to use with any characters atm).
BAir, Bike (wheelie drop), USmash and FThrow (at later percents) are p.good. FSmash is too unreliable imo.

I wouldn't say they killed off his air mobility, but it's definitely not as good as in Brawl.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I see no reason for this to be patched You can get a follow up from a grab oh my god the humanity! WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN

so can somebody explain why a guaranteed follow up needs to be patched

I can maybe see where you're coming from with the KO punch but everything else looks fair to me

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I don't get how everyone is saying "why wasn't this addressed?" when it was clearly addressed.

All the infinites are gone. Only 4 characters have meaningful options out of it now (who all seem to have mediocre grabs), of which only the highly situational KO Punch is stronger than a typical kill throw. (Keep in mind too that KO Punch bypasses shield anyway, so being able to do it out of grab isn't a game-changer...)

No infinites, no knees, no toes, no charged Sheik u-smashes or Ganon f-smashes.

I mean, I would have gotten rid of it altogether just because it looks dumb and feels dumb. (In BBrawl it was one of the first things changed.) But as things stand in Smash 4, the toned down version is not really that big of a balance concern.
I don't understand why people being upset over this oversight is a legit point of contention for you. Wario mains shouldn't be upset because most of the other exploits have been patched, meaning Wario mains have no right to complain? Is that the logic at work here? Because your posts come across as elitist and disingenuous. Sakurai isn't sacrosanct; we have a right to criticize the (inept) porting.

Last edited:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness and Zelda have a similar exploit on most characters out of grab at high %. They press backwards on the control stick, and the enemy dies--it's unavoidable at high %s.

I hope they patch this.
Not only is this a false equivalence, but it's flat out untrue in Zelda's case.

How disappointing. I expected from a former Balanced Brawl dev. I'm inclined to believe Amazing Ampharos did most of the heavy lifting, considering your piss poor logic and apologist attitude has prevented you from truly understanding the significance of the complaints.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
As someone pointed out, this doesn't feel like nearly as much of an issue when considering that Little Mac can just KO punch you through your shield, anyways. Not to mention he can just down tilt to KO punch on every single character in the cast, as well.

Both options are only marginally more difficult to pull off then grabbing somebody.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Since this was bumped, I'll post a reminder here too that none of these actually work on humans except KO Punch, which is unblockable and the same speed as grab anyway.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Looks like they got rid of it with the most recent patch.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
That's good. It was a fair tradeoff with the removal of the momentum glitch

Top Bottom