• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's GoldMine Madness!(Online Wario Only Tournament/Sign-Up's Open)

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
after seeing the one in the G&W Forum
i decided why not hold a wario only online brawl tournament?

heres the rules
Best 2 Out Of 3
3 Stock
No Items
Double Elimination

These Are The Legal Stages
----
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
---

both players can vote for any of the stages listed above to be selected

1.~The Koopa King~
2.Wario Nut
3.Goochf1111
4.Al_Di-Medola
5.Fat_K
6.KMAY
7.bassem6
8.KillingJoke
9.harpuia190
10.PhantomX
11.Glyph
12.MC=3
13.FREZ
14.epicman
15.errtu
16.ssbbFICTION

they'll be two Divisions each with 8 players
if a person loses two sets they're eliminated from the tournament
and the one who manages to eliminate the rest of his division goes on to face the last man standing on the other division

also The Divisions Are "WarioWare" And "Warioland"

First 8 People Who Sign Up Will Be Placed Into The Warioware Division And Those Who Sign Up After That Will Be Put Into The warioland Division....

i hope this turns out well...i thought the wario mainers deserved something special

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I'm in! This will be cool. But shouldn't we do this without the tournament brackets so everyone gets to face everyone else?

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
Count me in!
KMAY
FC: 0258-9960-2207
When is this thing going to happen?

bassem6

Smash Lord
I would enter this if it was single elimination...Otherwise, this will take waaaay too long.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
if it was single elimination it might turn out a bit bad
since what if someone had a bad game and lost?
then they'd be pressured to win the next game or be eliminated

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hmm, making it double elimination 2/3 or single elimination 3/5 would solve that problem.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
im in, just organize it better. double elimination is fine, round robin takes too long man. there should be a chat room too, to coórdinate matches man. suggestions, though. again, im in

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
These Are The Legal Stages
----
Smashville
Luigi's Mansion
Battlefield
Final Destination
Hyrule Temple
O.O

I would consider banning Hyrule Temple, your tournament would probably get more recognition from higher level players. Also, where is yoshi's island DS?

But regardless, I'd like to sign up. I'm gone from the 13th to the 20th, and most likely can't do it unless its on the weekends (maybe tuesday too). Nice work setting this up, though:). Hopefully I won't be out of town>.<

What kind of information do you need for the sign up? Brawl name, FC, Location, what?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
explain to me how does single elim make sense in divisions?

if you lose a set your out...so not everyone would get to play everyone else

why am i allowing hyrule temple?

it's a cool stage i'd play a lot on melee and i don't find it as broken as some maps like Halberd Or Warioware where hazards get in the way

besides if i ban temple i may as well ban Final Destination because sometimes the lip of that stage can really screw you over

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hyrule Temple is generally a bad stage because it's too easy to camp on it... but this is a tournament of Wario dittos, what are you gonna camp with, bike wheels? It'll be fine, the only thing is that kills will take a long time, haha.

If this is single or double elim, I'll participate, but only if I'm placed in the Wario Land brackets.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
explain to me how does single elim make sense in divisions?

if you lose a set your out...so not everyone would get to play everyone else

why am i allowing hyrule temple?

it's a cool stage i'd play a lot on melee and i don't find it as broken as some maps like Halberd Or Warioware where hazards get in the way
I guess it depends on if this is a "fun" tournament or a "serious"one (i.e. to see who's the best.)

If its just for fun, then by all means put whatever stages you want on. But if its "serious", I recommend using the 4 neutral stages (maybe throw in a few counterpicks. Actually, that could be a good way of re-introducing stages that were banned because of broken tactics on them that don't involve wario.) Also, if its for fun then I encourage the round robin approach. But for a serious tournament, efficiency is crucial. Typically, if player A can beat player B, and player B can beat player C, then player A can beat player C. So that match is not really necessary.

But hey, its your tournament, so you can do what you want.
besides if i ban temple i may as well ban Final Destination because sometimes the lip of that stage can really screw you over
I don't really follow your logic on this, though. temple itself does not screw you over, its size simply makes it favorable to campers. As long as there is no time limit on a match, temple should be alright. BUT if you do put a time limit on, some people would get a small lead and run the rest of the match. Since wario cannot be faster than wario, the loser would never be able to catch the other player (barring the winner player making a mistake). Also, wario's recovery is not terribly dependent on the ledge. The lip on FD is not that much of a threat to wario (just bike away from the stage).

This may be the longest post I've ever had...

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i mean that Final Destination is just a straight forward stage no platforms no nothing just a simple flat stage with no hazards or special effects

yet the bottom of it though can be a pain if your trying to recover and knock into it

same goes for temple sure you can camp on it
but that wouldn't add anything to your skill now would it? and besides sooner or later you'll have to stop camping and face the music or should i say face your opponent?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
the bottom of it though can be a pain if your trying to recover and knock into it
Yeah...I see what you're saying. I think the over neutral feel it has still outweighs the flawed ledges, though.
same goes for temple sure you can camp on it
but that wouldn't add anything to your skill now would it? and besides sooner or later you'll have to stop camping and face the music or should i say face your opponent?
So no time limit on matches then? Or would we just call that stalling?

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I say we do round robin(like the Yoshi ditto tournement) I think this should be a fun tournement instead of serious, because with lag this really won't determine much as far as who's the best Wario player, and some of us who aren't really good would like more than one set of matches.

Anyway thats just my opinion, do what you want.Thanks for doing all of this.

Oh, I'm signed up right?(I asked in the second post, just making sure)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I say we do round robin(like the Yoshi ditto tournement) with no divisions.(so no one gets paired with PhantomX and doesn't get to face anyone else) I think this should be a fun tournement instead of serious, because with lag this really won't determine much as far as who's the best Wario player, and some of us who aren't really good would like more than one set of matches.

Anyway thats just my opinion, do what you want.

Oh, I'm signed up right?(I asked in the second post, just making sure)
Excellent point. A serious tournament online would just be frustrating should you end up with someone one the other side of the nation from you.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
no time limit i forgot to mention...having stocks and a time limit seems kinda weird to me
but i might think about it...if i ever unlock it

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ya you should update the first post so you know when to stop accepting people

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
page updated and the rules have been altered a bit

instead of being round robin
it'll be double elimination and two stages have been removed from the legal list

Luigi's Mansion Was Taken Out And Replaced With Lylat Cruise
Hyrule Temple Was Taken Out For Yoshi's Island

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I still say it should be round robin, because this tournement should be fun and not having PhantomX (and a few others) dominating things. Because other people would like more than one set of matches

Top Bottom