• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I came in second at the tournament I went to. Close set with ESAM in Winners and Grands. Beat 4GOD, too. Not sure when the videos will be up, since I have to help put up the rest of the stuff from my previous tournament, but, hopefully, they'll be up in the next couple of days.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
OMG I was at the best tournament yesterday! I played sooooo well aside from a few key SDs, but I felt that my bike and tire play were on a whole new level. PLUS I saved a few matches that I will upload soon. SO hyped!! :D

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Sorry I haven't been putting up a lot of videos lately. Schoolwork/running a tourney's taking up a bit of my time.

Plus I haven't seen that many Wario videos lately too but that's not much of an excuse.

Hopefully I'll get up some more soon.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
OMG I was at the best tournament yesterday! I played sooooo well aside from a few key SDs, but I felt that my bike and tire play were on a whole new level. PLUS I saved a few matches that I will upload soon. SO hyped!! :D
Your videos have really helped me get proficient in the Art of the Bike and Tire. Looking forward to seeing new vids from you!

Croi

Smash Lord
A MM against Alphicans :gw: from RoS a few weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HtLuoQU138 I do not know how to G&W

A revenge MM vs Will :dk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvCsu5GpqI4 he beat me pretty badly this time, I dunno wtf

Got some more from a recent monthly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRonOEElnzs :popo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGROjvYlYzE :dedede:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF35wVEtJQ :pika: match 1 was THE POWER OF WARIO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cD1gMvRBKg :pika: grand finals

I felt that I played really weird at this last monthly. Dunno if I played "bad" exactly...just weird.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Did ESAM CP you to Frigate with IC's, or did you CP him there? I guess it worked out for him but idk doesn't seem like the best stage to take Wario.

Labernash

Smash Lord
GUYS!!! I GOT VIDEOS!!! I'm REALLY bad. Critique this hard! I want Chair, DMG, Reflex, Croi, Jnig, Bassem, Tech Chase, Pwneroni, Tesh, EVERYONE. Get. At. Me. Real opinions. I know, not a lot to work with, but anything would help. Assume I don't know anything, 'cause I don't

Vs Illmatic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3StJTurosY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vs Neon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXykB7qqXs4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Weird set. I MM'd him before this and they were really close. Still lost though. I love playing this guy; some of the funnest matches I ever play. Special shoutouts to Neon for recording this stuff! You've set me rolling to becoming a good Wario!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
its annoying to assume you dont know anything because that means giving elaborate critique means sitting down for it for just about 5 hours and spend precious time explaining things that should be self-explanatory

- you have more approach tools than dair
- you dont have to be trying to approach all the time, try to spend more time thinking about what to do and less time actually doing something
- tip number 2 applies
- stop fsmashing when nothing warrants it, stop dtilting, resort to grabs for your close quarters game
- tip 2 applies

tip 2 applies

theres no flow, you control the tempo of the game in a negative manner because you speed it up when you are not in the position to apply pressure

A tip for everyone who reads this because this is another thing people don't seem to understand. It even warrants punctuation, it's that important:

There is no reason to play fast if that doesn't result into pressure. Few MUs can be played fast in absence of what is already an advantageous position. You cannot just opt to create pressure with Wario, it always requires some form of setup or conditioning. That requires thought.

For those whose English is very bad or who just cannot be arsed to read the above:

Think, cogitate, or something.

If you cannot apply pressure in a situation then don't bother trying to apply it anyway. If Peach turnips your shield and you want to punish with whatever aerial and you discover the fact that weird mechanics caused you to consume your DJ, accept the situation and go for a reset.

Accept accept accept accept because you cannot approach Peach with just a double jump. Don't be stubborn and think about how your options are severely limited because of a silly mechanic. You don't apply pressure by limiting your own options, you're supposed to limit your opponent's.

ok?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
theres no flow, you control the tempo of the game in a negative manner because you speed it up when you are not in the position to apply pressure

A tip for everyone who reads this because this is another thing people don't seem to understand. It even warrants punctuation, it's that important:

There is no reason to play fast if that doesn't result into pressure. Few MUs can be played fast in absence of what is already an advantageous position. You cannot just opt to create pressure with Wario, it always requires some form of setup or conditioning. That requires thought.

For those whose English is very bad or who just cannot be arsed to read the above:

If you cannot apply pressure in a situation then don't bother trying to apply it anyway. If Peach turnips your shield and you want to punish with whatever aerial and you discover the fact that weird mechanics caused you to consume your DJ, accept the situation and go for a reset.

Accept accept accept accept because you cannot approach Peach with just a double jump. Don't be stubborn and think about how your options are severely limited because of a silly mechanic. You don't apply pressure by limiting your own options, you're supposed to limit your opponent's.

ok?
You have just described Brawl core metagame.

Labernash

Smash Lord
its annoying to assume you dont know anything because that means giving elaborate critique means sitting down for it for just about 5 hours and spend precious time explaining things that should be self-explanatory

- you have more approach tools than dair
- you dont have to be trying to approach all the time, try to spend more time thinking about what to do and less time actually doing something
- tip number 2 applies
- stop fsmashing when nothing warrants it, stop dtilting, resort to grabs for your close quarters game
- tip 2 applies

tip 2 applies

ok?
Ok. Yeah, this makes sense. I was trying too hard to just land a move. I like that you said to accept; when I get into a bad position, I tend to not think through things. Totally going to keep this in mind. Thank you so much, Chair!

And by assume I don't know anything, I mean I don't know how to mix up things if you just say mix it up. I say mix up, because Illmatic said he could read my jump patterns so hard, and everytime he FH F-Air, he knew I was about to Double Jump. He told me to mix up my jump pattern and to be less obvious when trying to kill; how do I do that exactly, anyone?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
My YI's match vs 4GOD got recorded? Lame... I was only experimenting with YI that tournament. I usually take him to last stock at the very least... still sad my Bite suicide didn't pan out on RC though.

My first match against MC Pee Pants was just me fishing... fishing for grabs, fishing for kill moves, etc. I usually play better than that. Then he switched to ROB and I have no idea about that MU... but I KIND of figured it out somewhat. Good thing he killed himself first stock, 3rd game though.

I always do well vs Reflex in the beginning but then he either doesn't die or gets a good read and ends me :( Reflex2gud. In general though, I need to move less forward with Wario when I'm recovering... I need to weave more and keep my DJs less predictable.

Any critique on the couple videos Reflex posted up of me, I'd appreciate it. I don't post often but I will listen to what you guys have to say <3

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I've stressed the jumping more than once with regards to other Warios.

It's simple: don't always be wanting to use your DJ even though it's so tempting. You don't need to be in the air 100% of the time.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, he's right.

knew you would double jump almost EVERY time. When I saw you perform the first jump, I just anticipated for the second one and could hit you if my spacing was correct.

Just small stuff you gotta work on to get better at the matchup.
Fair and tires are also really good against Peach. I wouldn't recommend dairing too often.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I guess it'd be better to walk forward and shield than try and jump over Peach then. More F-Air and Tires, less D-Air; got it! Thanks!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well you can still try to jump over Peach, but using DJ to do so takes longer and gives her more time to adjust. DJ approaches vs a lot of other characters it's fine because they are ground based and don't have an aerial wall for you to deal with. Peach is the reverse of that and you're usually better off with something quicker than something delayed for a bit more precision (unless she doesn't know the MU and just throws out attacks instead of walling lol)

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Illmatic, let's MM at Whobo again.

In fact let's do like 3. We can do some Peach/Wario, some Wario dittos, and some Peach/D3 for old times sake ;)

I'm gonna try to get some more videos of my Wario up here soon to be looked at. I've been improving a lot with him lately.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Well you can still try to jump over Peach, but using DJ to do so takes longer and gives her more time to adjust. DJ approaches vs a lot of other characters it's fine because they are ground based and don't have an aerial wall for you to deal with. Peach is the reverse of that and you're usually better off with something quicker than something delayed for a bit more precision (unless she doesn't know the MU and just throws out attacks instead of walling lol)
Peach is such a weird MU. Okay, yeah, that makes sense, DJ being slower. Thanks DMG!

Whomg I've never seen a Peach that fast :O it makes Melee look slow! Labernash my advice would be to use more tires! Speaking of tires, I'm uploading my tourney videos from this last weekend. Enjoy!

vs Snake
Pwneroni vs Jonix 1 [February 2012]
Pwn vs Jonix 2 [February 2012]
Pwneroni vs Jonix 3 [February 2012]

A few more to come soon :)
I've been practicing with tires and keep doing, what I like to call, Pwneroni combos. It's awesome!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Illmatic, let's MM at Whobo again.

In fact let's do like 3. We can do some Peach/Wario, some Wario dittos, and some Peach/D3 for old times sake ;)

I'm gonna try to get some more videos of my Wario up here soon to be looked at. I've been improving a lot with him lately.
Alright, dude!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Peach is such a weird MU. Okay, yeah, that makes sense, DJ being slower. Thanks DMG!

I've been practicing with tires and keep doing, what I like to call, Pwneroni combos. It's awesome!
Yeah the longer it takes for you to get to Peach once it's clear you're approaching her, the more time she has to adjust and redo the walling. Doing DJ gives her more time and takes away your options afterwards. If you need height, just full hop approach more.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah the longer it takes for you to get to Peach once it's clear you're approaching her, the more time she has to adjust and redo the walling. Doing DJ gives her more time and takes away your options afterwards. If you need height, just full hop approach more.
Ohhhh, right! I want to limit their options, not mine, like Chair said, and I could DJ out of the way of a B-Air if I only FH'd over her. Man, there's so many things to take into account when doing something. I need to be more observant and think things through.

Top Bottom