• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

SAX

Smash Ace
Hey nick, how do you mash out with air releasing? Using attack commands only?
I assume you mean without? Lol

I'm actually not 100% sure on this one. I think it would depend. Like if a marth grabbed you, no matter how you mash youll get air released. But i suppose if your feet are touching the ground while being grabbed, as long as you don't press the jump button, it seems logical that you'll ground release.
Again, I need confirmation on this.

:phone:

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Confirmed. Roger roger. If your feet are touching the ground, you will ground release if you do not press jump. An example is on Yoshi's Island, if D3 is chaingrabbing you sometimes your feet will be touching the ground (thanks to the slanted ground).

Asa

Smash Hero
you'll air release if you jump while mashing out of a grab, or if your feet are dangling off the ground

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Also, does anyone know which inputs count towards frames being removed? Ik it's not all of them so that's why im asking

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Frames being removed? Please explain in depth!
Oh sorry, might of misunderstood me. Only some buttons count towards "getting you out of a grab safe" faster. Like attack inputs, the amount of frames you can stay grabbed is reduced by a certain amount each input.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ohhh yes I know what you mean! Yeah each button counts as one input, and each direction you tilt the control stick also counts as one input each of the 8 directions. Spinning the control stick in really fast circles and mashing A, B and the jump buttons is a great way to get out of grabs, but doing this will guarantee an air release.

What I do is pretty much tap A and swing the control stick in a downwards half circle. This gives you a bunch of inputs still, and does not force you to air release.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Finally! Videos of my apprentice, Lies! These videos are from just last Sunday at a local PnT tournament. Keep in mind that there's a 1-3 frame input delay on the TVs, I'd boast that his Wario is actually faster than it appears in these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-i5Q-8KA0&feature=channel_video_title

I'll have some older but nonlaggy videos up very soon!
Ugh... thought something dumb would happen like that haha. Lies seems pretty legit, adapted really well in the first match and pretty much got schooled in the second two. He's got the beginnings of a tire game started, he may want to check out the AT thread and explore with that a bit more. I would really like to see less fullhop dairs and non-autocanceled dairs (cmon those are sooo 2008 xD) and more Nair.

I admit that I didn't think Lies was very good at first. Then I realized.... wow this Peach is really freaking good. He seems fast yes, but a less developed and less fluid speed. Can't wait to see what happens if he keeps with it :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah I'll have some better videos of him up soon (once again the PnT matches were on a laggy TV), though they're outdated. He's INCREDIBLE at the MK matchup. He takes games off of me, went even with Master Raven (a MK from SFL) and nearly beat Vinnies MK in the one friendly they played. The vids I'm gonna upload are old but it'll give you a good idea of how ridiculously smooth he is.

SAX

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll have some better videos of him up soon (once again the PnT matches were on a laggy TV), though they're outdated. He's INCREDIBLE at the MK matchup. He takes games off of me, went even with Master Raven (a MK from SFL) and nearly beat Vinnies MK in the one friendly they played. The vids I'm gonna upload are old but it'll give you a good idea of how ridiculously smooth he is.
Hmmm, can't wait to see those vids! I personally kinda have a hard time with the mk MU, maybe i could learn a think or two :D

Master Raven

Smash Master
I beat Lies in most of the matches we played, but nevertheless he did take a few games off of me and he's quite good. He'll **** if he hopefully travels more often.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah I noticed the spotdodges, but on the whole I think he got away with most of em. Stupid laggy tvs.... turn the most fluid of streams into a bit choppy.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Lies is good, just a few habits to break. After that, he's going to be a noticeable player that needs to be watched out for.

SAX

Smash Ace
Dannnng! Pwneroni, I just checked out that rob player named t0mmy that you play all the time. dang that guy is so fancy with rob! Lol
all his platform cancels and gyro reverses and gyro cancels! He's pretty flashy man. Is that guy power ranked as one of the best robs?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
t0mmy IS seriously the best ROB in the world!! Ocean can't hold a candle! We always have the best matches, but this last time we played in tournament he sandbagged to give me the win (typical behavior occasionally). Still great matches, but I fthrew him to 220% and killed him with a Dair. Matches were not saved.... doh!

BPx

Smash Lord
Thanks for the critique. I know that I shouldn't have air released in those matches. I wish I would have remembered to record my bracket matches I played against MJG/Ensis. 3rd game last stock <1 minute left and he was at 120%. I landed wrong and ate a MK dsmash though :( Oh well, getting a LOT better for just starting last August :)

Edit: That combo string first match on wolf's last stock was dirty S!C. GJ on being able to do the CG too, I can't seem to learn it...

OverLade

Smash Hero

SAX

Smash Ace
More videos of Lies! These are about 2 weeks old though, we played at Zero Ping last weekend and he had the matchup down a lot better. We're teaming again for a tourney tomorrow so we'll see how he does against South Florida players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqqVT_wbUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8A850PC8_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH54GFwnuq4&feature=channel_video_title

edit:
More are being uploaded, check the channel for the rest!
Yeah man! You're right when you say this guy is fluid and smooth. I just felt like he keep running into things that he shouldn't lol. And no tires, but that'll come with time. Tires make mk alot easier, unless the mk can use them better than you can xD haha!
Seems like amazing potential though, one he starts making smarter decisiona, he'll be a very good player. That's what I saw :)
are you guys ever gonna come to cfl with lies! ?

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I got excited when I saw you post more videos of Lies!. They are some nice videos. He's going to become a top level player in time. Does he ever come onto Smashboards?

SAX

Smash Ace
More videos of Lies! These are about 2 weeks old though, we played at Zero Ping last weekend and he had the matchup down a lot better. We're teaming again for a tourney tomorrow so we'll see how he does against South Florida players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqqVT_wbUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8A850PC8_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH54GFwnuq4&feature=channel_video_title

edit:
More are being uploaded, check the channel for the rest!
Oh, and make sure lie knows he can SDI those Uairs at low %'s so he doesn't get stringed to 40%. Watching that beginning in the 4th match made me laugh lol.

And to bike away from the stage.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Thanks for your encouraging words everyone. Me and Lies took 2nd in doubles today. We lost first round and ran a train through losers. It was only 6 teams but everyone was really good. We also 3-0'd Seibrik and MVD first set, though they got us 3-1 2nd set. All of those vids will be uploaded and I'm sure other videos of him have been saved.

Also, I used Wario against Seibrik in tourney and those videos will also be uploaded :)

SAX

Smash Ace
lol, this kid is gettin mad hype. he should just start posting here himself o_O
Prolly because red halberd is hyping him lol.

Like if mew2king was saying some guy was really good or is going to be, I'd believe him haha

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
He is helping the hype, but he is also a good player, but not a top player.

Everybody would believe someone was good if mew2king was training them, or telling people he's got potential.

Top Bottom