• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm hyping Lies but you gotta be ******** to not see how naturally talented of a player he is. He's honestly the smoothest Wario I've seen besides Glutonny, he's come so far in just 4 Months or so. I don't take credit for his natural skill but I wasn't willing to pass up being the instrument of his accelerated growth... I don't mean to come off as a meatrider but it's hard for me to contain my excitement for him and the other players I'm training.

SAX

Smash Ace
I'm hyping Lies but you gotta be ******** to not see how naturally talented of a player he is. He's honestly the smoothest Wario I've seen besides Glutonny, he's come so far in just 4 Months or so. I don't take credit for his natural skill but I wasn't willing to pass up being the instrument of his accelerated growth... I don't mean to come off as a meatrider but it's hard for me to contain my excitement for him and the other players I'm training.
oh trust I notice how good he is. I just think he needs to think about where he zones, and he'll be that much better. And yeah I totally agree with you, for only four months, it looks like he's been playing for much longer. But I'm saying if someone else who isn't power ranked would hype someone up, it wouldn't have the same effect as you hyping someone up, since you have established yourself as a top player in the state.
You have every right to hype lies and I encourage it! :D

Do you know if you'll be making it to Any cfl tournies at all? Besides CEO lol

:phone:

OverLade

Smash Hero
I will be at Next Level Lan this Saturday for sure! Lies probably won't be there but hopefully I can bring my other apprentice...

SAX

Smash Ace
I will be at Next Level Lan this Saturday for sure! Lies probably won't be there but hopefully I can bring my other apprentice...
Awesome! I might be able to make the later portion of it. I'll probably miss both singles and doubles that day cause Im busy. But I'll try to make it down there for friendlies and MMs.
If I made it down, would you be down for a MM? I've been trying to play you for a while now xD I know I'll lose, but it's just for exp.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Sure I'm down for a MM. But it has to be at least $5 otherwise I'd just rather play friendlies lol. And to keep thread relevant 2link is supposed to be uploading those vids today XD

SAX

Smash Ace
Sure I'm down for a MM. But it has to be at least $5 otherwise I'd just rather play friendlies lol. And to keep thread relevant 2link is supposed to be uploading those vids today XD
Cool sounds good. So mybe a mm then some freindlies?

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I watched the one against the Pikachu. You used a lot of dairs... You hit him with the dairs at the beginning, but then he started to avoid it. You also had a few too many missed grabs and bites. You shouldn't of gotten killed off your bike... Lol. A lot of Fsmashes too. I plan on watching the rest later, but good match to watch. You should've won it, you just got punished for a lot of missed moves. I didn't bother watching the Lucas match :D.

SAX

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be an *** and disrupt the Lies! gravytrain with videos of my own. All from last Saturday at my local monthly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aYe_YJpD7Q - :pika:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1qbujH7RLw - :lucario: :dedede:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1k6oiyXNQ - :marth: How do I Marth I still cannot do it

More coming eventually.
Marth is easy :)

I watched the first match.Two things. WAY too many full hop approaches, and grab more. Warios grab is one of the best things he has against marth IMO. if you're getting grabbed while trying to grab them, you're just spacing badly. And short hop approaches are realllllyyyyy good to mix in the gameplay. Don't get melodic with your jumps, it becomes predictable. Walk up and shield too. Warios grab range giving him a fight chance in this mu on the ground. Idk how else to explain it.

Croi

Smash Lord
I noticed myself that I'm approaching way too high, and double-jumping way too unnecessarily, but nnnnnng it's just such a hard habit to break, even after all this time. Although more grabs I hadn't really considered, mostly because if I can grab him, he can grab me D: Still, I'll give it a try next time I play him.

Last two vids from that monthly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtHdYcedveM :metaknight: I think that first kill on him in the second match was pretty clutch but that's just me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0eRVwQVD4 :ike:

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Scrub???? WTF??!?! Kidding me dude? You owwwwwned that guy haha! Great use of grabs against airdodge landings and bites against shields. Love the use of bike in the matchup ;D only improvement I can suggest is use those bike and tires as weapons of mass destruction!!!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wow nice finish! Totally didn't expect Lies to make a comeback like that, he got gimped somethin' savage more than once.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah he definitely needs to be more conscious when his bike is on stage, but he was definitely playing pretty well in these matches (though imo not as well as he played 2 weeks ago at ZP). He's well on his way. He'll hopefully be going to a tourney with me tomorrow, though we won't be teaming again.

Asa

Smash Hero
Also at 4:20 he missed a waft, although he got one later so w/e.

me and halzy on dat xmas posting combo status

SAX

Smash Ace
Hey guys! Just wanted to say wish me luck for tommorows tourney I'm going to! I'm hoping to place well since there are lots of good players coming.

And red, it would be awesome if lies came! But you gotta play my friend solo, I think lies could learn a thing or two in the mk MU from him. He's really good at it.
And you still down for our MM? :D

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
GOOD LUCK SAX! I hope you have fun, it's fun to play some smash on a Saturday. Show everybody what Wario can do. Also, I loved the Lies! video. He tried to use the tires when he got out his bike, but that backfired when he got gimped... I like the punishing the tornado at the end FTW.

Exdeath

Smash Master
And then you fight solo's wario :awesome:

Haha jm man, how was the Tampa fest?
And are you coming to nll?

And thanks Asa :)
I'm looking forward to the next time that I play Solo.

Tampafest is good as always.

Yes.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey guys! Just wanted to say wish me luck for tommorows tourney I'm going to! I'm hoping to place well since there are lots of good players coming.

And red, it would be awesome if lies came! But you gotta play my friend solo, I think lies could learn a thing or two in the mk MU from him. He's really good at it.
And you still down for our MM? :D

I've played Solo before. He's pretty underrated imo. I wish he'd come to Tampafest so I can sit down and really see what he's made of. Anyway Lies will be going to the tourney tomorrow so we can all sit down and have Wario time...or something haha.

SAX

Smash Ace
I've played Solo before. He's pretty underrated imo. I wish he'd come to Tampafest so I can sit down and really see what he's made of. Anyway Lies will be going to the tourney tomorrow so we can all sit down and have Wario time...or something haha.
Sweet! It'll be cool to personally meet him!

And when would you be down for that mm? Just like after doubles?

And thanks link! :)

Labernash

Smash Lord
The next tourney I can make is in June. =O I hope I'll do good, as it's a local. Not for me, I'm traveling.

Good luck SAX!! Wipe your smexy Wario bum with 'em!

SAX

Smash Ace
Ahh, Man that was a good tourny. Good shee to red halberd for 2 stocking me twice in our MM xD
That guy's tooooo good.

And I almost beat HRnut In tourny! grahhh! SOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE! I 2 stocked his lucario game one, then his marth beat me the last two.
And I SHOULD have won game 2. Just wait til the vids are up. I got discouraged the 3rd game, and it shows... but I can't wait till they're up!
And I want my Redhalberd mm critiqued when that is up too. Haha

Also.
I need diddy help. :(

OverLade

Smash Hero
After this tourney I'm pretty convinced that Wario vs MK is unwinnable if MK camps. I don't even really camp in the matchup but whenever I watched/played the matchup with Wario I definitely don't feel like I had any options. Gonna teach Lies Snake for the matchup. In other news, it was great meeting you Sax and you're definnitely really underrated. I think Wario just isn't that good of a character now. Placing with him seems insanely difficult.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Nick my man. I have nothing to say but good **** from what i saw the other day. I've never seen you play like that :laugh:

On a side note: I need diddy help also :(

SAX

Smash Ace
After this tourney I'm pretty convinced that Wario vs MK is unwinnable if MK camps. I don't even really camp in the matchup but whenever I watched/played the matchup with Wario I definitely don't feel like I had any options. Gonna teach Lies Snake for the matchup. In other news, it was great meeting you Sax and you're definnitely really underrated. I think Wario just isn't that good of a character now. Placing with him seems insanely difficult.
I'm actually gonna have to agree with this one. Mk just is IMPOSSIBLE to zone in on. The only chance wario has that is viable is time out. He won't win any other way at the highest levels of play AKA when the mk is camping wario's balls off lol. He just won't. That's my opinion for as of now.
And thank you for the complement. Good sheee to you though, you were ****,.
And Yeah, It's really not as easy as it seems. I feel like I could've done better though. I just need MU exp with more characters and I think Ill be placing better. I might pick up another character for MK too, or just ditto. Not sure yet. If i were to choose NOT to ditto, would snake be most viable?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm actually gonna have to agree with this one. Mk just is IMPOSSIBLE to zone in on. The only chance wario has that is viable is time out. He won't win any other way at the highest levels of play AKA when the mk is camping wario's balls off lol. He just won't. That's my opinion for as of now.
And thank you for the complement. Good sheee to you though, you were ****,.
And Yeah, It's really not as easy as it seems. I feel like I could've done better though. I just need MU exp with more characters and I think Ill be placing better. I might pick up another character for MK too, or just ditto. Not sure yet. If i were to choose NOT to ditto, would snake be most viable?
Ditto,Snake, Falco, Pika, IC.

I don't really see you using snake for some reason though :/

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Try tires, people. They're really GREAT tools for zoning and when I play against MK, having tires definitely makes me feel like I have more options in the matchup. Tires are great for zoning, and zoning is the issue here. Easy peasy.

Top Bottom