• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
What did you learn?

And just SDI during the CG, SDI gets input as soon as is possible during hitstun.
I just dont know how SDI works is all..

what i think i know about S/DI

DI: just hold that direction with the analog and maybe Cstick.
If you get hit off going diagonal-up you are supposed to try to fast fall then hold towards the stage?

SDI: Mash that direction with Analog & Cstick.

I feel so scrubby right now. :urg:

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
LOL, thats basically SDI in a nutshell.

Gotta tap when your in hitstun or hitlag, I forget the term though. I like to QDI, it gives more control and lets you survive a little bit, just don't hit the ground!

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Remember D3 can grab you out of bite. Don't land for jumps close to D3 (definatly not on the bigger half of the stage), just use bike. On the bike: leaving it in the middle of the stage is pretty good against D3 you should try it. It protects you from waddles, he gets easily combo'd and he can put it to good use. Don't just bite when someone is on the ledge, he will just plank or hit you with a upair/fair or roll onto the stage. You have to do it on reaction. FH bite ***** ledge jump SH bite ***** his get up and get up attack (time it right though). I liked your bite use but you should limit its usage against D3 (even though that sexy massive hitbox makes it tempting.) Use it to **** spotdodges and airdodges (but not when hes close enough to the ground to punish you). If you failed to land behind the D3 after a dair buffer a spotdodge and you won't get sheild grabbed. Do NOT DI away from his sheild mid- dair. You autocanceled those dairs pretty well most of the time. If you perfectly autocancel the dair (not too hard with practice) and land behind him you can grab and theres nothing he can do to punish it because of the insane frame advantage. If he trys sheild drop/jump -> anything he gets grabbed. His spotdodge is bad so he won't have enough time to turn around and grab you. Roll behind you-> grab misses but you can spotdodge in time. Roll away-> situation is reset. Don't air release when you don't have to, so no pressing up on control stick (even if tap jump is off) and no pressing jump. Di the uptilt/upsmash after the grab release. Up air more it have crazy sheild stun (its safe on sheild if you land shortly after the hitbox).

Nice wario

*may update later*

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Yea i remember fiction posting about being able o be grabbed out of bite. I was more of showing my friend that he can CG me out of bite. I was helping him out as he was to me. Thanks for all your input i'll work it into my game :)

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
added some new vids and pics and edited the layout. let me know what you guys think/any suggestions are welcome

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

Gindler

Smash Champion
After seeind dyno 3 stocked by lou I no longer feel bad about my wario getting 3 stocked by luigi the first time I played a good one.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
After seeind dyno 3 stocked by lou I no longer feel bad about my wario getting 3 stocked by luigi the first time I played a good one.
well, that was grands he finally caught on to what i do and i was still twiddling me farts >_>

i ran into him in the brackets and we were both 100+ last stock each round, it went to game 3 but i fell into his fsmash. and besides, its biglou, he has beaten many of the greats in Atlantic south im not even compared to.

Gindler

Smash Champion
well, that was grands he finally caught on to what i do and i was still twiddling me farts >_>

i ran into him in the brackets and we were both 100+ last stock each round, it went to game 3 but i fell into his fsmash. and besides, its biglou, he has beaten many of the greats in Atlantic south im not even compared to.
Biglou is beast, he's graced us in orlando with his presence once before. He's better than polmex too (the luigi that 3 stocked my wario :ohwell:)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Omni you did fine vs Panda, I would suggest baiting airdodges from Snake more (I know Panda didn't airdodge that much overall, but it's gonna be frustrating trying to Uair/Fair Snake and have him airdodge to the ground and suddenly Utilt or something).

Also punish Panda for doing that thing he seems to do at the beginning of the match, where he like jumps up, c4's, and either B reverses a grenade while he is falling or drifts back with a grenade in his hand.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
U Ran Out The Timer On Bowyer!!! I'm So Proud!!!

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Great matches. You had great DI and you used Wario's moves pretty effectively. You had some cool strings against DK (Dair -> UpSmash is ill!). Two suggestions:
Against Marth you got gimped. That should never happen. You still had your bike. You had two or three other times where a bike would have helped you recover safely in both matches. Up-B is pretty risky, use it with caution.
Secondly, you used clap a lot, but you missed most of the time. It's a great move so practice connecting with it.

On another note, why do people use CG's and Grab Releases in friendlies? I understand that it's part of the game and can help get a win, but save that **** for tournament play. Nobody likes being chain grabbed. Does anyone else feel this way? It just seems kind of scummy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I come from Texas. They force you to play gay in friendlies. No joke, in Texas if we do friendlies in teams, we WILL go quadruple MK and plank each other. That's the level of gayness we reach just in friendlies lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's just Dallas.

Usually people that want to improve will ask that their opponents go all out b/c that prepares them more for trny setting. If you're used to no one grab releasing or CGing... it'll **** you up come tournament time.

Coffee™

I need it....
Usually people that want to improve will ask that their opponents go all out b/c that prepares them more for trny setting. If you're used to no one grab releasing or CGing... it'll **** you up come tournament time.

Pretty much this. I'd rather have someone play all out so I know what's possible for me to encounter in a tournament setting no matter how gay or "scummy" it is.

So...uh someone help me get better with Wario?

Top Bottom