• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

xzx

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say Wario easily beats ROB. It's close to 50/50 but it is a little in Wario's favour (+1).
Same with Toon Link. Close to 50/50 but a little in Wario's favour (+1).

Croi

Smash Lord
What control scheme does everyone use? I'm looking into the viability of attack on c-stick, since using nair without having to pause my movement, if only for a few frames, is pretty great and it helps curb my spamming f-smash when I panic. So far it's okay, although I'm not liking how spamming it makes me jump and pressing left when I'm facing right makes me jab. It's something I'd have to grow into, for sure.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I'd start by learning Wario's aerial spacing and his combo game. The only control changes I have is having one of my jump buttons set to grab for the CG. Other than that everything is the same.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
What is the best way to keep an opponent in your bite for the longest possible time? Is it better to be mashing the bite or not doing anything at all like a regular grab.

Labernash

Smash Lord
What is the best way to keep an opponent in your bite for the longest possible time? Is it better to be mashing the bite or not doing anything at all like a regular grab.
Mostly depends on the other person mashing out, but I think it will last longer if you don't do anything.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There is no way to make people stay in it longer.

Psychology dictates that doing more damage via tapping B will cause them to try harder to get out, though, so, there's that, I guess.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I'd start by learning Wario's aerial spacing and his combo game. The only control changes I have is having one of my jump buttons set to grab for the CG. Other than that everything is the same.
wow I actually do have a Jump button set to grab, that's ironic you would say that. best Aerials to use are Nair and Fair correct? Bair seems useless and Uair is so.....akward.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
N-Air and F-Air will net you the best follow-ups, but that's mostly because they stay out for a decent while. People will start hitting you before you get in their space that way, and that's where mixing it up with B-Air becomes particularly useful.

Croi

Smash Lord
I find bair helps against people like Marth, maybe DK.

About bite - if you bite more, wouldn't the (very minor) hitstun keep them in for a few extra frames?

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
why do many Warios (from the videos I've seen) Just jump around and don't do anything? and the excuse of looking for a opening shold be thrown out because you can just stand there spot dodging or running the other sides of the stage for that reason as well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wario is much more mobile on the air than ion the ground. He punishes better and avoids attacks better. Being in the air "jumping around" is the same as Olimar/Snake being on the ground just "running around". He doesn't have a high priority Fair/Nair to throw out over and over like many other characters that like being in the air so maybe to you it looks like Warios aren't doing anything.

The air is just where Wario is naturally comfortable in a neutral position. Being comfortable in a neutral position is what any character would want to be in.

LOE1

Smash Lord
well, when i play zss players, i always try to eat the parts first in a safe way so they cant be used against me. they normally know how to use em really well

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
well, when i play zss players, i always try to eat the parts first in a safe way so they cant be used against me. they normally know how to use em really well
leaving yourself open for a stun? Not very wise because ZSS players sometimes don't even care about their items at first because they can use Wario's bike for item glides in that match up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It looks like it refreshes after a few seconds if its still bouncing. Thats pretty cool.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah that has trolled me a LOT in teams you wouldn't even ****in know lol. I wanna say I died to something like that vs M2K Dojo other MK's etc cause I'll randomly eat this random tire hit and Dsmashed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've started using U-Smash here and there with a good deal of success. The idea is that it covers a lot of what people use D-Smash for (hits both sides, stays out for a while), but you can't get screwed by the spin not hitting the opponent at the end of their spotdodge, you're not nearly as vulnerable afterward, and it puts the opponent in a better position for Wario to follow up.

Also, people often get used to the idea that they can just shield single-hit moves of Wario's and immediately punish afterward, but this throws a wrench in that plan. Give it a shot; I am pleased with it.

HOW'S THAT FOR AN ANSWER?

xzx

Smash Lord
^DACUS.

"Also, people often get used to the idea that they can just shield single-hit moves of Wario's and immediately punish afterward..." < Bite.

<(^.^< )

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Short DACUS has a neat use as a result of my findings, IMO.

Also, Bite only deals 7% and puts the opponent back in neutral position. Yawn.

xzx

Smash Lord
Sincerely, I have just realized how good bite is. Many opponents often want to shield grab Wario (for that stupid grab-release thingy) and then you throw out a bite! I'm serious, it's working many times! I have never started doing it until now actually. But I never get predictable with it though (don't think I am doing this all the times when the opponents are shielding).

BPx

Smash Lord
it only does 7%, correct. but it also forces your opponents to second guess themselves on their shielding/spot dodging. not using it at all would be silly, but throwing it in sparingly i think helps a lot. definitely too punishable to try to use all the time, though

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Right. It has its place, but, it's hardly worth using a lot, as the risk/reward isn't good against most of the good characters.

Believe me, I loooooove command grabs, but, this one leaves a fair amount to be desired.

Top Bottom