• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Matchup Discussion

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
everyone wants to make their character look and seem good.

But its more important for you actually be good with the character in order for any progression to really happen. and in order to be good with the character, you have to be good in every matchup. and you cant be good in the matchup, if all you know about it is how many matches you would win out of 100 if you DID know the matchup.

Thats why I always approach MU discussions from a standpoint of:
What does _____ have to do to win this matchup?
and How hard are said strategies/moves to implement?
if you do that objectively, coming up with a number is not only insignificant since youll know the matchup better than the other guy, but itll be easy, because youll know how hard/easy the matchup is.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You sound almost as bad as DMG when it comes to Wario, lol(except he's realistic when it comes to Marth and MK against Wario.) Extreme character bias for sure on your part. Must be trolling, yep. That, or you're clueless. xD

I'll just believe you're trolling, mhm.

Anyways, Wario's no walk in the park for Sheik. But, it's no easy case for Wario at all...except killing her. But, he does that well enough to every character regardless.
Get outta here bro, I'm one of the more realistic Wario's at this point. Ya know, someone who actually knows Wario loses to Marth, Peach, Dedede, and MK? lol Anything else is trolling.

You seem rather salty that Sheik doesn't lose badly to Wario. You also seem to think we'
He be salty.

He gets a guaranteed fart if he knocks you far enough offstage and Sheik is forced to recover.
If the Wario has any knowledge as to how Sheik recovers you can consider yourself dead once youre at like 50.
Unless you grab release you wont be killing him until like 160 :/
You also can't really force him to approach unless you're at FD.
Yeah he jumps a lot but you wont be able to punish his landings at a stage with platforms.
Maybe 45-55 at FD other than that it's like 40-60.
I like this guy. Shortly described the matchup accurately.

The matchup is no worse than 6:4 Wario's favor. The only exception would be maybe on a ******** stage like Norfair? Ive not had the chance to take a Shiek there obviously LOL, but that could be ********.

neo ***** slik in this mu really hard

shiek can literally just super camp wario
It depends on how fast you play the matchup. If you play with someone with REALLY good reaction timing like Light, you have to play the guessing games much harder than before. Camping with either character IMO is the wrong way to do, at least when done excessively. This matchup should never go to time I think.

Lol. I guess i'll just resign myself to the fact that it doesn't work. I appreciate you checking it out for us though thanks.

Oh and guys the Wario boards have the MU as Wario advantage 6-4. There MU thread is complete garbage with almost no actual knowledge of Sheik.....but they somehow seem that the MU is easy. Character bias on our part? I really wish some Wario's would come over here.

Edit: I really want to get the Matchups down pretty accurate this time around since in the past I felt we had been too generous with the ratios.
What matchup chart? Morphed something chart? His chart was pretty biased and didn't have input from a lot of top players, I made one at 1 time that was a troll attempt that everyone got butthurt over/read like a bible, and I realized people took me seriously no matter what I said so I had to post more realistic and not mislead them anymore. He had good intentions, but frankly we didn't contribute well enough to discussions that "Hey Wario beats ZSS 65:35 or 7:3" etc stuff was taken for granted.

Judo777

Smash Master
Get outta here bro, I'm one of the more realistic Wario's at this point. Ya know, someone who actually knows Wario loses to Marth, Peach, Dedede, and MK? lol Anything else is trolling.

He be salty.

I like this guy. Shortly described the matchup accurately.

The matchup is no worse than 6:4 Wario's favor. The only exception would be maybe on a ******** stage like Norfair? Ive not had the chance to take a Shiek there obviously LOL, but that could be ********.

It depends on how fast you play the matchup. If you play with someone with REALLY good reaction timing like Light, you have to play the guessing games much harder than before. Camping with either character IMO is the wrong way to do, at least when done excessively. This matchup should never go to time I think.

What matchup chart? Morphed something chart? His chart was pretty biased and didn't have input from a lot of top players, I made one at 1 time that was a troll attempt that everyone got butthurt over/read like a bible, and I realized people took me seriously no matter what I said so I had to post more realistic and not mislead them anymore. He had good intentions, but frankly we didn't contribute well enough to discussions that "Hey Wario beats ZSS 65:35 or 7:3" etc stuff was taken for granted.
MU is worse on brinstar not norfair. Sheik is pretty insane on norfair.

Renki

Smash Journeyman

My bad bro. I actually forgot that you troll a lot, haha. xD Don't take it personally. <3

I know you know your stuff. =)

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I think sheik wins...

I'm just glad that

1. neos sheik is better than almost every other sheik
2. There aren't that many sheiks

DMG please explain to me how we lose to peach(we do. confident my peach will **** every wario) and we somehow beat sheik who is faster and outprioritizes all our ****, amazing grab game...nvmd dying at 80ish from GR

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because Peach is 10x better at walling Wario than Shiek. The best characters against Wario are not those that beat him aggressively, but those who's aerial defense is reliably strong enough to fend him off over and over barring mistakes. MK playing aggressive is GREAT, that makes it easier for him to make mistakes and let me kill him. MK playing defensive? Go home Wario.

Peach is kinda like Marth in terms of how they function against Wario. They both abuse something over and over, that Wario has to get through if he wants to get close to them, that even if they miss/you airdodge they end up with a healthy frame advantage on you. Marth Fair, Peach Bair. They can throw up a wall, wait for you to try to get past, and when you happen to get past they frame trap you easily.

Shiek doesn't have the same walls. She has much better ground control: timing her out is harder that Peach by far because she can cover the gap well and cover landings easier. Her aerial control against Wario is pretty average however. She has moves that outrange him/lead to trades, but she can't try to wall over and over with them. She has to be much more reactionary with her responses to stop him.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
agree with dmg as well

both characters are good at camping, but dmg's right when the match should never go to time. i find warios are hardest when they are able to use offensive tricks and know how to approach.

just read what hes gonna do when hes spacing around u, and dont be afraid to get beneath him and either uair, utilt, or shield. our best approach is getting beneath him

Top Bottom