• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario is underrated

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We know... that's why we're striving to make him more respected :D

It's also not that he's underrated so much that it's much easier to play MK or D3 or Watch or Falco for easier wins XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Even though there are people placing with him in big trnies, he's still underrated. It's pretty strange... he and Lucario both are similar in that regard (and Kirby).

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know Wario was underrated. How can he? He's among the most awesome characters in the game! The Wario Bike is what convinced me to make him one of my best.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario is underrated, however I think last month he had the 3rd most points from placing at tourneys (according to Ankoku's chart, but he took it down sadly). He was higher than Falco(!), Dedede(!!!), and the rest except for Snake and MK.

I told you guys he has room to improve :D

Timbers

check me out
not that this matters, but ankoku's was pretty inconsistant. A lot of people were turned away by the idea of having to report tournament scores to the thread, which left out some important variables.

Irrelevant, wario is still cool.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wario is in High Tier and he's still underrated. If only a high ranking pro will come to the Yoshi Boards and say he's underrated :crying:

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I think he is under rated because of the grab releases on him? I really haven't seen them as much on tournament play though. If M2k says this him self though, it must be true. He must have figured something out, Attack him with questions!!

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yes. But not as much as when Brawl first came out in Japan. WARIO SUCKS! BOTTOM TIER!

oxhaseokunxo

Smash Rookie
Wario is god. People get the wrong impression of him because the noobs spam his Bike but when it comes down to high end matches he becomes a force to reckon with. However, yes he is underated.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Wario is god. People get the wrong impression of him because the noobs spam his Bike but when it comes down to high end matches he becomes a force to reckon with. However, yes he is underated.
I find the bike useful for getting around larger stages like Corneria.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He's underrated because he's not 1st tier. I'll say he's the second best chracter in the game.... under Pink Kirby. ;p

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
He IS quite underrated in my neck of the woods, I just don't see him in any of the tournaments I go to. Odd, but I usually end up being the only one of any character I pick at a tournament. I think I've shown people that Wario is an amazing character though, so I hope to see some more soon.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Wario's a very awkward character. His only weakness is when the player using him starts to be predictable.

bassem6

Smash Lord
and the fact that every other character gets a free attack on him whenever he gets grabbed -_-

Zmoney2006

Smash Rookie
Wario is definielty underrated. At first glance people assume that hes a slow, nusable character like Bowser (sorry Bowser fans but he sucks.:ohwell:) Wario is a VERy dangerous opponent in the right hands. His bike, whih people assume can only be used for recovery or running, is a very useful tool. You can metoer smash with it, racks up damage to multiple enemies, push people farther away from the stage when used against recovering opponents, and (NOT or) become a throwable item.
All of Wario's attacks are extremely powerful and almost all of them including his air attacks can smash an opponent off screen. And he's surprisingly not a slow mover at all. His attacks have high priority and can be chained 2gether to create an unstoppable combo. And lest's not 4get his wario waft; esp at full power (60% DAMAGE!!!)
Now all this said, Wario is NOT the best character in the game, however he can be hell 4 anywho who underestimates him.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Wario is definielty underrated. At first glance people assume that hes a slow, nusable character like Bowser (sorry Bowser fans but he sucks.:ohwell:) Wario is a VERy dangerous opponent in the right hands. His bike, whih people assume can only be used for recovery or running, is a very useful tool. You can metoer smash with it, racks up damage to multiple enemies, push people farther away from the stage when used against recovering opponents, and (NOT or) become a throwable item.
All of Wario's attacks are extremely powerful and almost all of them including his air attacks can smash an opponent off screen. And he's surprisingly not a slow mover at all. His attacks have high priority and can be chained 2gether to create an unstoppable combo. And lest's not 4get his wario waft; esp at full power (60% DAMAGE!!!)
Now all this said, Wario is NOT the best character in the game, however he can be hell 4 anywho who underestimates him.
You can meteor smash with the bike? WTF? You mean throw it at them? I wouldn't really call that a meteor, or something to count on.

Wait, you also say the waft does 60% damage. You're just talking out of your ***.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
hmm...
i cant help but think this is some kind of spam.
neither of the links posted have naything to do with Wario -_-

i think he just wanted to randomly post his links lmao.
but Wario FTW anyway.

M.J.B

Smash Cadet
Wario is definetly underrated, but seriously can do great things. I mean you can turn the bite move into a kirbycide like move (not as effective but still...) and wario waft(fart?)is kill at 80% or even lower. But hey a heck of an amount of brawl players use meta knight, so everone forgets about our little (or big?!) friend here.

bottom line: yes he is underrated

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Bowser doesn't suck, he's mid tier.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why Wario is still underrated. He has third highest tourney rankings, is high tier with many, many professional players, and he has the overalls! It doesn't add up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He doesn't have many many professional players... there are maybe 1-2 per region, and he's not easy to place extremely well with.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He doesn't have many many professional players... there are maybe 1-2 per region, and he's not easy to place extremely well with.
QFT. Socal has Futile, South/Southwest has Reflex and I, and idk who plays Wario on the East coast. He's underrated, but mostly because he kinda sucks in theory compared to how he works against an opponent in a real match IMO.

Top Bottom