• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario in 2v2 Battles

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Just came back from a torny.
Me and my partner got 3rd in teams, he was Lucario.
We did well, and none of us had good team vs. experence nor did we play that much togeather.
Wario is awesome in teams.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Thank you for FINALLY responding. I'll move lucario up, as well as some obvious partners such as MK and Luigi.

But... what kind of tourney was it? An actual one, or just some school or friendly tourney?

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Thank you for FINALLY responding. I'll move lucario up, as well as some obvious partners such as MK and Luigi.

But... what kind of tourney was it? An actual one, or just some school or friendly tourney?
Well, there were prizes.
It was indeed a actual torny, singles had I think around 30 ppl (which is big for around here).
We got 10$, 1st got 50$ I belive.

I have another few coming up, one this month and one in may.
I'll report my ranking on both when it's time.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Well, there were prizes.
It was indeed a actual torny, singles had I think around 30 ppl (which is big for around here).
We got 10$, 1st got 50$ I belive.

I have another few coming up, one this month and one in may.
I'll report my ranking on both when it's time.
Oh, nice job then. Was anyone from here at the tournament?

Hmm... I should go to a tournament sometime. Haven't been to one in months...

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Oh, nice job then. Was anyone from here at the tournament?

Hmm... I should go to a tournament sometime. Haven't been to one in months...
Thanks =)
If "Here" means smashboards, then yes, these guys were there (Their teams DK):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sb3WR_fvA&feature=channel_page
I play with them now, so I might get recordings done, I dunno though.

Other then that I don't know. I only saw one other Wario and I played him 1st round in singles.
He was alright, but I dunno if he goes here.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'll be teaming with Jerm this Saturday, a TL player. I think the team could work, but we'll see. I'm teaming with a Sonic for the ISP tournament, but that has items so isn't exactly worth comparing/counting XD

Winnar

Smash Lord
I do doubles with 3GOD a lot, I play Snake and Falcon mostly.

Falcon is a lot better on doubles than singles, so he definitely deserves to be higher than 37.

Also Snake is pretty good, though he's probably at the right placing tbh.

Also also, IC's should probably be lower because in doubles IC's aren't really as awesome as in singles.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I do doubles with 3GOD a lot, I play Snake and Falcon mostly.

Falcon is a lot better on doubles than singles, so he definitely deserves to be higher than 37.

Also Snake is pretty good, though he's probably at the right placing tbh.

Also also, IC's should probably be lower because in doubles IC's aren't really as awesome as in singles.
Thanks, this is really helpful.

If everyone says simple things like this, pretty soon the list will start to make sense.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Thank you :D

The characters I feel should be moved up slightly are (I'm going from bottom up):

Fox**
Sheik** (also you misspelled Sheik on the first page, it's ei, not ie)
Ike
Mario*
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi

*This is only from personal experience, I could be very wrong about it. I tend to do well as Mario on teams and only mediocre as Mario in singles.
**Sheik and Fox are MUCH better in teams than singles. Actually Fox is much better in general than his placing on your list, but especially teams where he can take advantage of the chaos to get easy u-smashes and such. Sheik is much better (especially with Wario) because she's good at racking up damage but not great at killing. Plus both of their speeds come in very handy for helping out teammates.

Keep in mind that these are just because these characters are better in teams in general, not because they're particularly great with Wario.

Also you might consider moving Kirby up a notch or two. Kirby is pretty good at teams, and the bite power is very nice.

Also, also the Falcon being better in doubles thing is highly debatable. No one on the falcon boards agree on anything, but it's been my personal experience that Falcon does pretty well in doubles.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Thank you :D

The characters I feel should be moved up slightly are (I'm going from bottom up):

Fox**
Sheik** (also you misspelled Sheik on the first page, it's ei, not ie)
Ike
Mario*
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi

*This is only from personal experience, I could be very wrong about it. I tend to do well as Mario on teams and only mediocre as Mario in singles.
**Sheik and Fox are MUCH better in teams than singles. Actually Fox is much better in general than his placing on your list, but especially teams where he can take advantage of the chaos to get easy u-smashes and such. Sheik is much better (especially with Wario) because she's good at racking up damage but not great at killing. Plus both of their speeds come in very handy for helping out teammates.

Keep in mind that these are just because these characters are better in teams in general, not because they're particularly great with Wario.

Also you might consider moving Kirby up a notch or two. Kirby is pretty good at teams, and the bite power is very nice.

Also, also the Falcon being better in doubles thing is highly debatable. No one on the falcon boards agree on anything, but it's been my personal experience that Falcon does pretty well in doubles.
Thanks!:)

Also, feel free to tell me if I've adjusted somebody too much or too little.

Allied

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll get to that once the list is somewhat accurate. Give it some time, and I'll get those reasons up.:upsidedown:
if you can get some amazing 2v2 information on here
you should also try to get this sticky XD
this already helped me right now

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
if you can get some amazing 2v2 information on here
you should also try to get this sticky XD
this already helped me right now
I was kind of trying to organize this into a sort of "Wario's partner tier list". Due to the fact that I'm kind of new to competitive wario playing, I really need more experienced players to help me work with this. Currently it's not complete enough to be stickied imo. But I'm glad it helped you; this does have some good tips from the pros so it's a decent enough reference guide.

EDIT: I might (at some point) try to analyze some videos and look at wario's team results, which could help.

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Me and my partner got 3rd again on Sunday.
Same as last time, Wario + Lucario.
The torny was smaller, but there was a decent amount of people there.
Apparently we do quite well on Corneria.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
i sumtimes do wario and g&w or double wario we win most of the times ;) or sumtimes i play with a friend and we do wario & luigi pretty good team.

In my opinion best partner is g&w or another wario

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, thanks for the input. Does anyone know more about some of the characters that are currently on the mid-lower part of the list? I could really use help more in that area; after watching PhantomX and Infinity dominate it'll take a lot of convincing for me to change MK from the #1 spot. Also a lot of people are mentioning MK, G&W, Wario, D3, and Luigi, so that's a pretty solid top 5 for now.

EDIT: After recently looking through some wario doubles videos, I've adjusted the list a bit.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I love wario in doubles. So easy to pickup and be good with too (not amazing that's hard, but good). Me and my partner got 6th in gigs after using wario for a week so that says something...of course I was teaming with like the best peach in florida (ha)

Popertop

Smash Champion
*shrug* yeah he's pretty easy to use in teams I guess, but you have to put more work into him to climb up the "**** Scale"

wario and meta is best team cause meta's so fast, and he will save wario from getting gimped (which happens rarely) and from getting ***** by grab release combo's, G&W I feel just doesn't have enough mobility. Plus I don't like G&W.

I'm going to team with a Lucario player in the future, so that should provide some insight into that combo.

Olimar is decent I guess, it doesn't come anywhere close to double Wario though, but I can imagine some **** combos happening.

BMX

Smash Lord
Wario is too goodz.

Wario and Yoshi is a strange combination but me and my friend Lil B place well in Top 5 in our tourneys.

As long as Wario is capable of dealing kills and living long, he's amazing.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I've made some new updates based on what people have said throughout the thread as well as by watching some videos.

Anyways, I'm kind of thinking that diddy kong is not nearly as good in doubles as he is in singles, due to the fact that a lot of his singles game relies on running away and tossing around bananas. Am I right? Should I move him down?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Wario is my favorite partner for doubles when I play Peach. She does crazy damage but has trouble killing, so having a partner that has so many killing options like Warior helps a lot. But last night I played a good G&W + Wario team, and it really was **** :embarrass

Edit: I also think Jiggs is really good in teams, but I guess that's just me lol.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Just played double Wario teams last night. So much ****. Wario and Wario is best team ever. Very easy to play close and support one another and lots of kill moves. F-smash from either side, to super amor=broken shield and ****.

CY

Smash Ace
yes, me and PX got 4th at HOBO 16 with some rough competition as double wario. we SHOULD of got at least 3rd, but no johns haha.. i was half way asleep our last game :( and PX still almost brought it back. funny thing is, me and pop beat bear/light at whobo but they got 3rd at HOBO 16 :( and the team that got second we should of beaten, but w/e. and of course, we took razer and zac to last game high stock and of course they end up winning the whole thing. but the whole point is that my wario is still fairly new, but me and PX still **** near won the tournament. ONE WAFT AWAY! this proves double warios is the ****.

me and pop got 9th at world hobo, beating a lot of good teams with wario/wario and him going meta for a lot of the rounds. wario meta is too good.

but as me and PX found out way back when we first teamed, a good g&w is a ***** in teams. you don't have many answers to his spamming smash attacks because of lack of range. this is why wario/meta is so **** because the MK can just outrange the g&w with say ftilt and beat out his smashes.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
That is true, when it comes to reliable killing power, G&W wrecks Wario in teams. Wario seems to serve as more of a harassment and combo teammate. He does have killing power but he can't do things to save his partner like G&W can. I find Wario to be an extremely effective teammate because he can weave in and out of situations to support or attack.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I gotta disagree, wario has pretty much as good killing power as G&W. That's why he's good with chars that do good damage but can't get kills as easily.

Anyways, it seems this would be interesting to discuss:

Which is the best: Wario+MK, Wario+G&W, or double Wario?
Which is second best?

Popertop

Smash Champion
but G&W can like spam smashes and shiz like that to get kills, Wario's running Usmash out of nowhere isn't nearly as good a utility as that.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
but G&W can like spam smashes and shiz like that to get kills, Wario's running Usmash out of nowhere isn't nearly as good a utility as that.
Usmash? I honestly rarely see any Usmash kills, it's usually Fsmash or fart imo.

EDIT: Although G&W does have better smashes overall. I would definately say that.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
I gotta disagree, wario has pretty much as good killing power as G&W. That's why he's good with chars that do good damage but can't get kills as easily.

Anyways, it seems this would be interesting to discuss:

Which is the best: Wario+MK, Wario+G&W, or double Wario?
Which is second best?
I would say Wario MK is the best with double Wario coming in third. Diversity is a strength.

Top Bottom