• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario in 2v2 Battles

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Topics for Discussion

I created this thread to discuss Wario in 2v2 battles, and just to talk about wario's basic strategies in doubles. I think it would even be a good idea to at least try making a basic 2v2 wario guide. So... discuss!:)

Wario's best partners

The list below is a basic idea of Wario's best partners, which will be changed based on what people agree on in this thread. It is still pretty new, so it's not exactly accurate yet, but I hope that eventually if I can get everyone's input, it will start to become a decent guide to which partners are best for Wario.

1. Meta Knight
  2. G&W
  3. Wario
  4. DDD
  5. Luigi
  6. Snake
  7. Kirby
  8. Peach
  9. Marth
  10. ROB
  11. Falco
  12. Fox
  13. Diddy Kong +3
  14. Lucario -1
  15. Olimar -1
  16. Yoshi -1
  17. Sheik
  18. Zero Suit Samus +2
  19. Pikachu -1
  20. Pit -1
  21. Donkey Kong
  22. Toon Link
  23. Mario
  24. Sonic
  25. Captain Falcon
  26. Wolf
  27. Ice Climbers
  28. Ike
  29. Zelda
  30. Bowser
  31. Pokemon Trainer
  32. Lucas
  33. Ness
  34. Samus
  35. Link
  36. Jigglypuff
  37. Ganondorf

I'm now keeping track of weekly changes is placement. Expect heavy changes early on, then some evening out.

Current week: 11/29/09 through 12/5/09

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Out of all the characters, he does best with another Wario or a GaW, or a D3. Wario is probably the 3rd best one to use in teams, first being MK of course, second being GaW.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Infinity and I did amazingly well. Wario does great with people that have multihitting moves b/c he can easily jump in and tack on a dair while they're stuck in said moves.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Wario works really well with Sonic. They can easily make opponents destroy themselves and combo really well.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I just had a crazy idea :D

What if 2 Warios were able to Uair combo someone.

It would be awesome.

Wario1 Uairs with 1 jump. Wario2 Uairs with 2 jumps.
Wario1 uses Second jump Uair.

GENIUS!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I remember, i was in a 3 person random FFA and two of us got wario so we decided to throw the 3rd guy back and forth between bites. good times lol. (Gotta jump and bite to catch the person though)

Jupz

Smash Master
MK and D3 are best in teams. They have a thing were the MK can dtilt to the DDD then the DDD dthrows back. And also DDDcide isnt that hard to land in doubles :D

KHSigma

Smash Rookie
WAIT!!! My friend is a Snake main and I am Wario. Using this combination we dominated our brothers 3rd and 4th best players in the school. The next week we dominated the team tourney. We were never below 4 lives. Wario and Snake is a great combo.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
There are so many things wrong with that message im laffing and i cant name them all.

1. THAT IS YOUR SCHOOL

2.....THAT IS YOUR SCHOOL

3. Wario shudnt be matched up with snake because he is far to sexy to be matched up with him, unless its Lucario, Marth(lol), or captain falcon.

Marth only cuz if u read a thread that talks about marth and his tiara and how manyl he is u woudve lol'd.

There is a world outside your school.

Teh_Chef

Smash Rookie
MK and D3 are best in teams. They have a thing were the MK can dtilt to the DDD then the DDD dthrows back. And also DDDcide isnt that hard to land in doubles :D
Wario can do that with an uncharged fart, and it's guaranteed to make them trip, unlike MK's dtilt.

Timbers

check me out
Its GW's weight that is bad. Everything else is perfect.

I think you mean Nado on that, and that nado does the best in teams.
he has to commit to a lot of moves too, which makes him somewhat an easy target when the stage is so crowded and spacing is a bit more difficult.

MK's good in teams but not nearly as stellar as when it's just him and the opponent on the stage, and I never saw nado to be good in teams. I notice a lot of mks that try to nado are often punished by whichever teammate isn't being hassled by the nado, but meh.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
he has to commit to a lot of moves too, which makes him somewhat an easy target when the stage is so crowded and spacing is a bit more difficult.

MK's good in teams but not nearly as stellar as when it's just him and the opponent on the stage, and I never saw nado to be good in teams. I notice a lot of mks that try to nado are often punished by whichever teammate isn't being hassled by the nado, but meh.
It depends on who they're facing. If they're facing a bunch of quick and/or rangey characters it sucks and is mega punishable, but if they're facing like... 2 D3s or 2 Bowsers or something it wrecks, lol.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
WAIT!!! My friend is a Snake main and I am Wario. Using this combination we dominated our brothers 3rd and 4th best players in the school. The next week we dominated the team tourney. We were never below 4 lives. Wario and Snake is a great combo.
There are so many things wrong with that message im laffing and i cant name them all.

1. THAT IS YOUR SCHOOL

2.....THAT IS YOUR SCHOOL

3. Wario shudnt be matched up with snake because he is far to sexy to be matched up with him, unless its Lucario, Marth(lol), or captain falcon.

Marth only cuz if u read a thread that talks about marth and his tiara and how manyl he is u woudve lol'd.

There is a world outside your school.
Lol yeah, school is not really a good comparison to competitive play. I've only been in one competitive tournament and I know that...:( But still, snake doesn't seem like a terrible partner. His great ground game would probably effectively compliment wario's great aerial game. Two high tier heavyweights that can rack up early kills and survive long seems to me like a good combination.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's very good with Luigi. They share a couple of the same weaknesses in their lack of range, Luigi isn't really mobile enough to support if needed, but it is SO EASY to get kills in that team it's ridiculous.

Get Wario 4th port, every time he grabs or bites (which is easy enough to do with him) you can fsmash or up b for a kill, tooo sick.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
wario gdubs seems to work good too, same with wario - any stock tank with ko power (dk bowser and snake). fiction and larry do well wario - falco, but that might be because it's fiction and larry

Moozle

Smash Champion
My favorite Wario team mate is peach. She racks up crazy damage an he gets good KO's. Also like Phantom said luigi is a beast with wario...his f smash is too good :laugh:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lol also DDD.

MOCKo combo ftw XD. It's basically an automatic win when it's a 2v1 situation.
Or you could do DDD dthrow--> wario dtilt and repeat for an infinite eventually ending with a wario smash.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yes that works ^^

Its too easy for d3 to get a utilt in in doubles, and his gimping can help against snakes.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm trying to make a basic list of the order of Wario's best partners. Sadly, the list has not yet been updated and is still in the order of the tier list.:(

So... please help update this.:)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I've just started playing doubles with my neighbor(played my first doubles match literally 2 and a half hours ago). I'm Wario (use him for doubles and Diddy for singles), partner is Marth. It seems like the team has pretty awesome potential, but my suckiness in doubles can't unravel that.

I'll try to get more experience with the Wario and Marth team, because he's trying to buy a Wii from a friend (I brought mine over) so we can hopefully both be decent enough. Both characters have air dominance, while Marth has good ground dominance as well, so hooray.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I've just started playing doubles with my neighbor(played my first doubles match literally 2 and a half hours ago). I'm Wario (use him for doubles and Diddy for singles), partner is Marth. It seems like the team has pretty awesome potential, but my suckiness in doubles can't unravel that.

I'll try to get more experience with the Wario and Marth team, because he's trying to buy a Wii from a friend (I brought mine over) so we can hopefully both be decent enough. Both characters have air dominance, while Marth has good ground dominance as well, so hooray.
They're both dominant in singles, that's true.

But Marth and Wario don't have very many combos. Plus, Marth kind of relies on combos and multiple, quick hits, which is harder in doubles.:ohwell: Then again, it's true that marth is good on the ground to balance wario's excellent aerial game. In addition, his ability to rack up damage quickly combines nicely with wario's ability to get low % KOs.:) It's an interesting team...

Top Bottom