• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario in 2v2 Battles

Just_Gabe

Smash Rookie
From my personal experience Wario is at its fullest when paired with any character that is very offensive so that Wario can camp and support with his lovely Uairs Dairs and Wafts, so GnW and (from my personal exp again) a semi-aggresive Snake and maybe even MK are among the best partners.

I once played doubles with Aziel (probably one of the best Snakes in Mexico) and his Snake and my Wario won like 10 straight matches with other friends who also play VERY competitively.

P.S: Wario + Wario = Chuck Norris Incarnate! and also when there is only 1 opponent I LOOOOOVE doing BITE LOCK! we just grab the character with a bite and the other Wario stays in front (and REALLY close so we don't have to jump) of them to catch'em again with the Bite, it's hilarious!

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm necroing the thread, but I think we need to start talking about this again. After all, Wario is one of the top teams partners aside from MK and GnW. Oh yeah I heard D3 and Wario has a cool dthrow > uncharged fart combo.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
>_< i felt the need. wario board being dead and wario being kickass in doubles i thought i had the obligation lol.

on a different note, I think we should talk about wario + marth first.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
The Wario boards are dead? o.0

Wario in 2v2 is toooo good! He can stock tank super well given his air mobility, awesome dodges and heavy weight. He has tons of kill moves, Fsmash Uair and Fart being the best ones for doubles. They're all quick and very strong! Wario's defensive game is really top notch, and that is why he is great in 2v2.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
How would Wario support his teammates though? That's my only problem with him 2v2, it seems like he can't really support his teammates.

Although, that doesn't matter if Wario is teamed with MK who needs no support lol.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
He can stay out of trouble, and his fast air speed allows him to sneak in and punish opponents for leaving themselves open while attacking your teammate, do team combos and cover your teammate's back.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ok really when I said that, I had never teamed with a good Pit before. This last weekend I teamed with a Pit player called Xcallion in some doubles friendlies, and lemme tell you that team is AWESOME and tons of fun! He can be really safe on the ledge, and his arrows can hit the opponents into your moves for across-the-screen team combos!

I have officially changed my stance on this team combination from "Meh" to "Fricken Awesome!".

B.Mack

Smash Ace
wario has dthrow > uncharged fart combos with Snake too which actually does more damage than the D3 version.

and lol, Wario cant support his teammates? Wario is pretty damn good at supporting teammates.

BPx

Smash Lord
We run Wario/Diddy and I use a strategy Iowa calls "Skynet."

We switch it up and have me play aggro sometimes, but the basic strategy is:

-Diddy keeps ground control
-Wario is in the air, ALWAYS
-Don't take damage(Wario)
-Assist with aerials, clap them when Diddy throws up, land farts
-Control banana placement while Diddy is fighting

This does a few things. Diddy is one of the best 2v1 chars, forcing them to fight him is the goal. Wario shouldn't be taking much damage, and if someone decides to chase Wario, not many can catch him :) For this to work, Diddy should be able to take at least one of your stocks.
I'd be happy to upload a few videos of this, it works extremely well.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wow BPx that sounds so awesome! I would definitely be down to see some vids of the "Skynet" strategy!

Labernash

Smash Lord
I always though Diddy and Wario would be good for that reason! One in air, one on ground. Glad to know it's actually worth anything!

Gnes wanna team next tourney? =D

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I've been saying it for months that Diddy+Wario is an awesome team because there's air control and ground control... nowhere is safe for the opponent :p

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
man that would be ownage! especially because wario is such an amazing tank. have you guys ever thought of getting bikes out and bringing them in the fray?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wario and Diddy are both good standalone characters, and that's why they function well together in Teams; it's more of a "well, at least they don't have problems with each other." Wario usually has trouble getting inside in Teams, though, but, Diddy can basically do whatever the hell he wants if he has enough stage space, which Wario in the air allows him to have.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Personally, I like teaming with :wario:s just because you can do a lot of stuff out of dthrow

and so much more
Wario's dthrow actually has more consistent knockback across the cast than D3's does and hence is much easier to team combo with.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can a partner footstool your opponent after you D-Throw? That seems like a safe alternative for Teams combo stuff when it's still 2v2, and Wario's F-Smash is often more damage than whatever a single move from your partner would've done.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
nah, dthrow doesnt put the opponent above ground unti pretty high % iirc... although even the grounded footstool animation would net you enough time to stutter-step fsmash. otherwise, you could footstool out of bthrow.

Wario1 grabs opponent, bthrow, teammate footstools and throws tire down, force getup. Wario1 is charging an fsmash...

xzx

Smash Lord
I must say that R.O.B. is a REALLY great teammate for Wario. ROB has range, projectils and gimp game, while Wario stands for the damage racking, killing power, stock tanking and the aerial game. And what I love with ROB is also when I get grabbed and am going to get grab-released, ROB can just interrupt it with i laser. That is super awesome and has help me several times! =)
Wanted to point that out.

Slyon

Smash Rookie
hey!

In a few days i´ll be teaming with a falco mainer in a national tournament in Spain. I wish someone would give me some tips to play with this team.

Thanks a lot guys.

xzx

Smash Lord
Camp and stock tank. You don't want to get hit by Falco's lasers (that's why you should camp) and get unnecessary damage. Don't be annoyingly close to him, too. I don't have that much experience teaming up with Falco though, but that is just my two dimes.

Slyon

Smash Rookie
Camp and stock tank. You don't want to get hit by Falco's lasers (that's why you should camp) and get unnecessary damage. Don't be annoyingly close to him, too. I don't have that much experience teaming up with Falco though, but that is just my two dimes.
Yes, that's what I thought. I found a few videos of this team, and only some of sky + choice and False + Keitaro. If you knew anything about videos of this team I would like to see them.

thanks xzx!

xzx

Smash Lord
I haven't watched so many Falco + Wario videos, if any at all. Have you looked in our video thread? I'm glad to help you!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
from personal experience of having Kismet and Reflex around as well as other good warios and falcos:

I have seen that wario shouldnt really camp in this team. i see that it is more effective if wario plays side by side defensive and plays the punish game. Make the opponents SCARED to punish your fellow falco.

Falco is an amazing character (a little less so in doubles just because of his weaknesses) Falco's jab interrupts alot of attacks and is fast (and annoying) as anything.

Wario punishes HARD! Clap does a solid amount as well as forward smash. if you arent really in a good position to Fsmash or clap as a punish. Grab and throw:

- Fthrow: get them off the stage and puts you in better stage control if they have somewhat higher percent. Also deals the most percent out of all of your grabs (downfall is that it takes a long time to actually throw)
- Upthrow: puts the opponent in good juggling position to where both falco and wario can punish well. Falco's backair is pretty good and if you see an airdodge, Clap for free damage, OR EVEN WAFT :) i see it being the second safest throw that wario has.
- Downthrow: this is just silly combos that can be really dangerous especially if the falco is good a pressuring with jabs to interrupt attacks and pressure rolls/shield. could lead to hard punishes if read correctly.
- Backthrow: this is actually really useful if you do not have time to fthrow or dthrow. Back throw also seems to be the only throw that, if timed correctly, can get you out of situations where your opponent is rushing in to save their teammate from a grab. Backthrow will hit both of them :)

Falco does good at resetting as well. Keep in mind that phantasm can hit pretty much everyone and knock things all around. But dont abuse it, Nothing is more fun than having a phantasm happy falco on the stage waiting to get hard punished.

Basically, i would try to play the punish game with wario and be aware that falco can get gimped and juggled pretty easily, but if you keep interrupting punishes, save falco and help out with chip damage, it will be a good tactic to follow in this team.

***BIG THING TO REMEMBER AS WELL!! ***

Falco has a very hard time killing on his own. I say its pretty much up to wario to kill with clap, fsmash, and wafts unless you are helping out with Dthrow > falco upsmash or anything to where falco can get good kill moves off.. you cant really depend on falco to kill.

Slyon

Smash Rookie
Wow Dynomite, thanks a lot.

Thats it:

- Wario: keep defensive, punishment with upair, fsmash, if i cant punish, grab. Tank stocks, load fart.
- Falco: jabs, grabs, sideb to interrupt things like release to wario, etc. When he grabs, i should punish that situation.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
No problem. Tell me how it works out for you and whatelse you are having trouble with. Ill try to help some.

Slyon

Smash Rookie
We placed 7th. 16 teams. Not bad, it was the second time that i team with this falco.

Top Bottom