• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

vesperview

Smash Hero
2.- Chocobo (being a mascot, and the character with MOST appearances and cameos in Square-Enix DOES earn him a spot)
God, that's ridiculous... is doesn't earn him a spot, it just earns him a spot in the FF series, Chocobo's only fight in Final Fantasy Tactics and XII, they are not the fighter character of the series, or even the face of the series, please, he is NOT the square enix character with the most chances.

If third party didn't get in his way, he'll be AT at best.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
God, that's ridiculous... is doesn't earn him a spot, it just earns him a spot in the FF series, Chocobo's only fight in Final Fantasy Tactics and XII, they are not the fighter character of the series, or even the face of the series, please, he is NOT the square enix character with the most chances.

If third party didn't get in his way, he'll be AT at best.

Chocobo series

Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Chocobo World
Chocobo Collection
Hataraku Chocobo
Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice
Choco-Mate
Chocobo de Mobile
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Chocobo's Dungeon: Toki-Wasure no Meikyuu
Chocobo's Dungeon Wii

FINAL FANTASY

Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy x
Final Fantasy xi
Final Fantasy x2
Final Fantasy xii
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy TACTICS ADVANCE

Other appearances
Itadaki Street

Sword of Mana

Parasite Eve

Kingdom Hearts

Secret of Evermore

Seiken Densetsu

Now you should learn to listen to others, specially if you know NOTHING about certain subjects.

Wikipedia is your friend.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Well I actually loved final fantasy 7 and it deserves every amount of hype and praise but clud still doesn't deserve a place in brawl in my eyes anyway. He just doesn't work in with everything...
Yeah, cos' Mario and Rayquaza and Saki are soooo canon with one another aren't they...

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
As off early 2000, Sonic the Hedgehog has done nothing but increase Nintendo sales. SEGA fans have flocked to Nintendo ever since Sonic Advance. And he still continues to increase sales with each game released. Sonic has his solid franchise. You can't even compare Cloud with Sonic.

Where in Nintendo is Cloud? In a game practically noone cares about.

The type of competition SEGA and NIntendo had back then, was a benefit to both, since both companies spawned awesome games as a result..

Square was kinda like Nintendo's right hand for a very long time. Cloud represents the great treason which could've plunged Nintendo into the dark ages.
I said Cloud could be, I know he isn't. I know Sonic has made Nintendo that much better off now, It was just wishful thinking on my part. But I still want Cloud.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Chocobo series

Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Chocobo World
Chocobo Collection
Hataraku Chocobo
Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice
Choco-Mate
Chocobo de Mobile
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Chocobo's Dungeon: Toki-Wasure no Meikyuu
Chocobo's Dungeon Wii

FINAL FANTASY

Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy x
Final Fantasy xi
Final Fantasy x2
Final Fantasy xii
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy TACTICS ADVANCE

Other appearances
Itadaki Street

Sword of Mana

Parasite Eve

Kingdom Hearts

Secret of Evermore

Seiken Densetsu

Now you should learn to listen to others, specially if you know NOTHING about certain subjects.

Wikipedia is your friend.
That's hardly what I was talking about in my post, I know they are the characters with the most appearances, what I said is, they are far from being the best choice for a fighting game and the chocobo in PE is hardly an appearance, it's just a sillhouette on a flag, plus, there are no chocobos in KH, is just a Key Blade that's name is Metal Chocobo and a gummi ship, You're just copy pasting that info because you're the one who has no idea what he is talking about.

and seriously, almost no one plays the Chocobo games, they're only suitable for the most obsessed FF fanboys.

I would also like to hear other arguments in favor of Chocobo other than they are the mascot of the series, cause, that's not argument enough.

altir

Smash Apprentice
there could be no beter representitive for final fantasy than cid or a chocobo.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ditto. It's kind of confusing really. Plus, if you mean from FF7, than he can't be in cause he needs to curse a lot, though KH had him without swearing...
IMO, the best Cid was the Cid from FFXII, the boss fight against him at the Pharos and at Draklor Lab was so awesome, but anyway, that's very off topic and I don't really like FFVII Cid, his spear moves are not very appealing, Lancer or Dragon Knight characters have never been really a favorite of mine, although Freya in FFIX and Kimahri in FFX rocked!

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Wow, good to see the Cloud thread is huge. I would definitely want him in the game, and thankfully he was in the Kingdom Hearts game for GBA.

I don't think he stands a chance, but if there was a miracle, I would make him my main character in a second. He is the most well known FF character, so that gives him the best shot. #2 I would think would be Titus, but not totally sure on that.

And he was in more than one FF game, and they are considering remaking FFVII because it was so good. We can only hope that maybe would come to the Wii and give more reason to include him in the game.

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
Wow, good to see the Cloud thread is huge. I would definitely want him in the game, and thankfully he was in the Kingdom Hearts game for GBA.

I don't think he stands a chance, but if there was a miracle, I would make him my main character in a second. He is the most well known FF character, so that gives him the best shot. #2 I would think would be Titus, but not totally sure on that.

And he was in more than one FF game, and they are considering remaking FFVII because it was so good. We can only hope that maybe would come to the Wii and give more reason to include him in the game.
That would be cool, but i'm not crossing my fingers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The question that counts is... in how many games where he played an important role has he been in?

Cause in Chains of Memories, I beat the game with hardly ever using his skill.

Cloud would be a legendary addition.. true.. I personally don't like him. But if HE gets in... SEPHIROTH has to get in as a boss... And if Sephie gets in as a boss... his theme song One Winged Angel is SURE to be there...

So in a way, I support Cloud.. (just for the ONe Winged Angel track)

if not... I'm hoping for Uematsu's DANCING MAD which is 10 times better. :)

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
The question that counts is... in how many games where he played an important role has he been in?

Cause in Chains of Memories, I beat the game with hardly ever using his skill.

Cloud would be a legendary addition.. true.. I personally don't like him. But if HE gets in... SEPHIROTH has to get in as a boss... And if Sephie gets in as a boss... his theme song One Winged Angel is SURE to be there...

So in a way, I support Cloud.. (just for the ONe Winged Angel track)

if not... I'm hoping for Uematsu's DANCING MAD which is 10 times better. :)

Haha, got to love a music lover. Yeah that would be a nice combo. And I know he is more of a stretch that most characters having played no big role on a Nintendo system. He's just one of my favorites. Heck I'll take a trophy in his honor. Just to be in what looks like the greatest game of all time is great. Though he arguably already is, depending on who you talk to.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
y'know, I think the inclusion of a silver sticker slightly boosts clouds chances in brawl. It at least shows that sakurai wont forbid any character that started out on a non-nintendo system, and played a very small role on a nintendo game.

cloud having a chance ftw! o/

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
There was never a rule against characters who never originated in Nintendo.

There was a rule for characters not originating in VIDEOGAMES, or not setting foot on a Nintendo System.

Arteen

Smash Lord
y'know, I think the inclusion of a silver sticker slightly boosts clouds chances in brawl. It at least shows that sakurai wont forbid any character that started out on a non-nintendo system, and played a very small role on a nintendo game.

cloud having a chance ftw! o/
It raises chances of Cloud appearing in the game in some form, but I wouldn't say it makes him more likely to be playable. Basically, unimportant characters (with respect to Nintendo in general or with respect to a specific series) can appear as stickers. If Square-Enix gets a rep, I'd wager that we would see a Cloud Strife sticker.

I haven't heard anything about remaking FFVII that wasn't a baseless rumor. Regardless, SE has remade FFI-VI countless times too, so remaking FVII seems inevitable.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It raises chances of Cloud appearing in the game in some form, but I wouldn't say it makes him more likely to be playable. Basically, unimportant characters (with respect to Nintendo in general or with respect to a specific series) can appear as stickers. If Square-Enix gets a rep, I'd wager that we would see a Cloud Strife sticker.
Thats kinda besides the point. from what I see, being included as a sticker is still being included in brawl in some form. People said that cloud being included was impossible in any way, but I guess he can be included now. But my reasons for him being playable is
1. he is square's most whored out popular character
2. He is actually important to his respective franchise, unlike silver.

I would be angry. And slightly confused. Cloud has never been on a Nintendo system. So I guess I should say...

FAIL
kingdom hearts: chain of memories says hi.

Del Money

Smash Champion
You must've never heard of the Game Boy Advance before. Thus, you just failed. Cloud's chances are minimal. They're not nonexistent...just minimal.

EDIT: That was directed at Super_Alex. My homie, tirkaro just has faster fingers...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Okay. Cloud would be an Ike clone. theres no way they'd let him keep his speed,power, and range. so they'd have to make him really really slow. I personaly think Sora Has a better chance. is FF7 even out for a Nintendo Console yet? Cloud was in CoM but that was sora's game. so.. meeeh. I think sora has a better chance.

I would be angry. And slightly confused. Cloud has never been on a Nintendo system. So I guess I should say...

FAIL
Like I said above. Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. but he was only a minor peep. like he is in all KH games.

I'd be happy if cloud made it in. but i think sora's chances are -way- above his.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Thats kinda besides the point. from what I see, being included as a sticker is still being included in brawl in some form. People said that cloud being included was impossible in any way, but I guess he can be included now. But my reasons for him being playable is
1. he is square's most whored out popular character
2. He is actually important to his respective franchise, unlike silver.

kingdom hearts: chain of memories says hi.
If Square-Enix decides to contribute content to Brawl, I'm 100% sure that Cloud will be an Assist Trophy at least.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay. Cloud would be an Ike clone. theres no way they'd let him keep his speed,power, and range. so they'd have to make him really really slow.
Okay, son, listen closely.
I want you to reread what you just said. And I want you to think about it.
Then, you may go sit in the corner and be ashamed of yourself.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice

That would be awsome but has no chance of happening. Oh and vesperview how could you like Kimarhi (sp?) over Cid from VII? Kimarhi is so boring and bland oh and has bad overdrives =p.

vesperview

Smash Hero
That would be awsome but has no chance of happening. Oh and vesperview how could you like Kimarhi (sp?) over Cid from VII? Kimarhi is so boring and bland oh and has bad overdrives =p.
Lol, I happen to like his whole serious vibe and that he doesn't talk until half the game, I meant character wise, although Kimahri's Nova overdrive isn't too shabby, but I still like Freya over all of the Lancers and Dragon Knights best.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
No way!

KAIN >>>> all other lancers. :D

Seriously, he's my favorite. I never thought of him as a character for Brawl though... Naaah.. that's so unlikely.. :p

Sure, he may only have ONE move. But You could use Dragoon attacks from the other FFs, such as...

Drain attacks: (Drain HP)
Lance/Dragon (A bluish dragon shaped beam that steals HP/MP)
uh.. not enough moves... ._.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Black Mage>>>Any other SE characer

Cloud dosen´t deserve Brawl, he has only one cameo-apperence on a nintendo console! Sora has more chanse than Cloud, but Sora has one (spin-off kinda) and one upcoming cameo (in a spin-off).

Black Mage, Moogle and Crono have much more chanse than Cloud, suck it!

(I know that everything has probaply already been said...)

Cloud would be missrepresenting as is represents FF on PS, BM represents FF in all!

Top Bottom