• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Dark Feather

Smash Apprentice
Ball3rin4 RocK3t said:
Calling people idiots just because you don't agree with their decision seems like a sure sign of stupidity to me....
You're right. Doodah did the same and now he's permanently banned. So I completely agree with you.

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
AttackstorM said:
I don't know where you guys got the rule that the characters have to be affiliated with Nintendo. Show me the qoute where Sakurai says that...otherwise Cloud for top teir ^_^
they have to be because then they cant be in the game duh, and its also kinda immoral. SSB was meant to be nintendo characters and nintendo affiliated characters, not freakin master chief or tomb raider crap. Snake is enough, and at least a MGS game was released for NES.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Meh. They can throw every character from every game ever made in to SSBB and I wouldn't mind as long as it was at least semi-balanced. The more the merrier.

ZERO MERCY

Smash Cadet
i dont recall anyone saying they had to be nintendo characters. saying mgs was once a snes game dosent mean anything. hide kajima owns snake he made up snake. hideo kajma dosent work for nintendo. they got snake cause they requested and payed hideo for snakes appearence. they could just as easily pay square-enix.

burrito

Smash Lord
ZERO MERCY said:
i dont recall anyone saying they had to be nintendo characters. saying mgs was once a snes game dosent mean anything. hide kajima owns snake he made up snake. hideo kajma dosent work for nintendo. they got snake cause they requested and payed hideo for snakes appearence. they could just as easily pay square-enix.
Yes, but we're not arguing whether Cloud can be in SSBB. We're arguing that there is almost no chance of him being in SSBB.

ZERO MERCY

Smash Cadet
burrito said:
Yes, but we're not arguing whether Cloud can be in SSBB. We're arguing that there is almost no chance of him being in SSBB.
i know. i just think it pathetic that people are saying if hes in it theyll quit the game.
i agree though its almost impossible. but who knows. nintendo surprised us with snake. what ele can they do.

D_boy

Smash Cadet
Look at it this way. if nintendo wants to put up big numbers, other thrid party characters will be in brawl. If they want the biggest numbers they will put in the most famous characters they can get. Cloud, with his redicously large fan base would put up the most numbers. and to those of you who say that you wont buy the game, dont lie to your self when all your friends ( for those who have friends) are playing it are you really gonna be playing ssbm saying cloud is in it so you guys play it, ill be in the basement playin the cp.

Oh yeah one more thought, this world is all about money and nintendo will want all they can get.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
WindGuru said:
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Nintendo has too many other RPG options. And adding Cloud = shooting Camelot Systems in the...well...you know...

Plus how embarassing for Nintendo would it be to see on his trophy/doll thing: 'FIRST APPEARANCE: FFVII (PS1)

Think about it.
What are you talking about?

Snake - First Appearance MSX2 (1987) You all should get your info right, before bashing the idea. How old you are, 12? 15?

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
Wind guru is absolutly right... Cloud was never on a nintendo system, so he should absolutly not be in this. I like Cloud, but no. Just no.

And stop trying to act like you've been here much longer. How do you justify this?

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
FireStar said:
Wind guru is absolutly right... Cloud was never on a nintendo system, so he should absolutly not be in this. I like Cloud, but no. Just no.

And stop trying to act like you've been here much longer. How do you justify this?
You mean been here on the forums, or been here on this Earth? I'm acting like a mature, informed Smash Fan should act. And I'm 20 years old, if you were refering to my age.

Point blank, if someone wanted Cloud in this game (I think Link vs. Cloud would be kind of cool), then thats what he wants. Personaly, I dont care for most any of the nominations (Geno being one) but people want him, and thats their perogative (sp?).

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
No Cloud please, GENO is a much better candidate.

Cloud, Sonic, 1000 NOn Nintendo Characters need to stop.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Slater88 said:
Meh. They can throw every character from every game ever made in to SSBB and I wouldn't mind as long as it was at least semi-balanced. The more the merrier.

Reminds me of the disaster Marvel vs Capcom 2 became, imo. >>

nomis

Smash Journeyman
THK said:
Reminds me of the disaster Marvel vs Capcom 2 became, imo. >>
Disaster? Although most of the Capcom characters suck, at least I had the option to choose them for the fun of it. If I didn't like the char/didn't want to choose the char - actually, it wouldn't even matter if I was against it, it wouldn't affect me in any way.

And do you play MvC2 competitively?

BTW, the only reason why I don't want Cloud in SSBB is because I hate the fans of FFVII.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Lemon Drop said:
No Cloud please, GENO is a much better candidate.

Cloud, Sonic, 1000 NOn Nintendo Characters need to stop.
agreed.
although, i don't MIND sonic or tails in brawl because of sakurai actually wanting them in the game at one point.
so it's inevitable whether they make it or not.
but others are just a no for me.

nomis said:
Disaster? Although most of the Capcom characters suck, at least I had the option to choose them for the fun of it. If I didn't like the char/didn't want to choose the char - actually, it wouldn't even matter if I was against it, it wouldn't affect me in any way.

And do you play MvC2 competitively?
i do.

amigo/guile/iceman.
always.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I don't hate FF, in stead I love it! But DON'T, please Nintendo, DON'T play a FF character in SSBB. This will totally screw up the game. To be honest, I'm already not that happy with Snake in it: A FF character would make this only worse!

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
Xemnas said:
You mean been here on the forums, or been here on this Earth? I'm acting like a mature, informed Smash Fan should act. And I'm 20 years old, if you were refering to my age.

Point blank, if someone wanted Cloud in this game (I think Link vs. Cloud would be kind of cool), then thats what he wants. Personaly, I dont care for most any of the nominations (Geno being one) but people want him, and thats their perogative (sp?).

No means no so just stop it. Maybe if Square begged for him to be in, he'll be in! Enough is enough so stop wthis now. Close this thread down right now

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
JmcShocker14 said:
No means no so just stop it. Maybe if Square begged for him to be in, he'll be in! Enough is enough so stop wthis now. Close this thread down right now

cant close a topic just because you don't agree with it. i added a pic of cloud on the first post.

Ixplis

Smash Rookie
The one thing everyone seems to forget is that Nintendo isn't making this strictly to please them. They are doing it to make MONEY. Putting a character as popular as cloud into the game would boost sales enormously. I don't doubt that some people would elect not to purchase it just for the reason that he were in there, but many many more people would buy it for that same reason. I have always been a fan of FFVII, so I'd be happy if he were, but I won't be surprised either way.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
AttackstorM said:

cant close a topic just because you don't agree with it. i added a pic of cloud on the first post.

no sweety. cloud is not for this game. My necklace tells me he wont be in.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
Ixplis said:
The one thing everyone seems to forget is that Nintendo isn't making this strictly to please them. They are doing it to make MONEY. Putting a character as popular as cloud into the game would boost sales enormously. I don't doubt that some people would elect not to purchase it just for the reason that he were in there, but many many more people would buy it for that same reason. I have always been a fan of FFVII, so I'd be happy if he were, but I won't be surprised either way.
That would help Sony...

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Paranoid_Android said:
Cloud? No. He was never on the Nintendo (to my knowledge). A different FF character? Sure.

hhhhhhhmmmmm give me sec. (millenium necklace show me the clear untouched fututre). My necklace sees no ff characters in smash bros brawl. i'm sorry

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Cloud in SSBB would totally own. I mean come on it's cloud. If he does make it, you don't have to use him if you don't want to, but let the people who would use him. Also, has anyone noticed how when someone posts something one or two posts later some idiot who can't think for himself posts the exact same thing. Molto Ritardo i say.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
cless-mint said:
Cloud in SSBB would totally own. I mean come on it's cloud. If he does make it, you don't have to use him if you don't want to, but let the people who would use him. Also, has anyone noticed how when someone posts something one or two posts later some idiot who can't think for himself posts the exact same thing. Molto Ritardo i say.
Cloud will not be in this game. Character space is valuable and i dont think it should be waisted on cloud.

Judo_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
I dont care either way. Im not big on the sword characters from ff. If I had my choice of ff characters would definately be Freya from nine or Kain. I would love to see freya *jump* on somone with her spear. But sadly cloud and seph are every ff fanboy's dream so untill they get in I wont see my faves.

D_boy

Smash Cadet
Cloud is property of square so please dont say that having him in the game will help sony. Anyway Nintendo can do what ever the have enough money, they are currently the number 1 gaming power. Even though snake was on a nintendo game he is known for sony so throw that argument out.

Top Bottom