• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi General Thread

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/-s1ECnOZjyI

It was just recently Announced that BOTH Tournament Events and Spirit Events will be coming to an End on November 19th. Meaning that from that point on there will just be Re-runs of the Older Ones.

Soo..Yeah,If that doesn’t scream “We aren’t adding anything else to this Game” I dunno what else would tbh.

This also Highly Likely does indeed Mean Waluigi isn’t a Bonus Fighter or anything like that.

Still,I’m Rather Curious Why that URL Page on Nintendo’s Site remains the way that It has been ever since Pyra/Mythra’s Reveal and Release..

I’ve had the Idea that maybe it’ll be a Surprise Remix of Lifelight or something that You can only Download IF You have both the Fighters Passes on Your Nintendo Switch System.

If not that then..I dunno,Maybe the Desk from Smash 64 will become an Additional Stage like Small Battlefield,Only you have to Download It.
But then I don’t understand why PowerA worded it to sound like he’s coming to smash as a fighter and how this controller is even related to smash.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I put together a short video essay script on why Wario and Waluigi are better than Mario and Luigi based purely on strengths and stats.

I haven't gotten much chance to edit it together from being so busy with other video passion projects and just being busy. Hope I can find an opportunity to get it together.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
But then I don’t understand why PowerA worded it to sound like he’s coming to smash as a fighter and how this controller is even related to smash.
They’re likely just taking a Playful Jab at the Guy.
Nothing Huge.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/-s1ECnOZjyI

It was just recently Announced that BOTH Tournament Events and Spirit Events will be coming to an End on November 19th. Meaning that from that point on there will just be Re-runs of the Older Ones.

Soo..Yeah,If that doesn’t scream “We aren’t adding anything else to this Game” I dunno what else would tbh.

This also Highly Likely does indeed Mean Waluigi isn’t a Bonus Fighter or anything like that.

Still,I’m Rather Curious Why that URL Page on Nintendo’s Site remains the way that It has been ever since Pyra/Mythra’s Reveal and Release..

I’ve had the Idea that maybe it’ll be a Surprise Remix of Lifelight or something that You can only Download IF You have both the Fighters Passes on Your Nintendo Switch System.

If not that then..I dunno,Maybe the Desk from Smash 64 will become an Additional Stage like Small Battlefield,Only you have to Download It.
Smash Ultimate is definitely over, but it's not over for Waluigi to join the next game.
It's highly likely we'll have a new Smash game for the next Nintendo system after Switch, maybe around 2023-2024.

It would mostly likely be an expanded version of Ultimate.
After all, Sakurai did say recently it would be impossible to top Smash Ultimate. He also said it won't be worth it to cut a substantial number of characters just to release the next game, or something along those lines.
Doing that would easily butcher the series, and alienate a lot of fans.

I think Sakurai and Nintendo will play it safe, and do Smash Ultimate Deluxe, rather than start over with a new game.
It will have extra fighters and stages, extra modes, quality of life improvements, etc.
It would be a first for the series, but I think most people will understand, it would be for the best.

Here's my prediction for the newcomers:
1- Waluigi
  • Assist Trophy (Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate)
  • Mii Headgear
  • Novice Support Spirit
  • Advanced Primary Spirit
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • 1 Music track (Waluigi Pinball)

2- Dixie Kong
  • Mii Headgear
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Legendary Primary Spirit
  • 1 Music track (Stickerbush Symphony)

3- Wolf Link and Midna
  • Assist Trophy (Smash 4, Ultimate)
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • 1 Music track (Midna's Lament)

4- Isaac
  • Assist Trophy (Brawl, Ultimate)
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Mii costume
  • 2 Music tracks

5- Alucard
  • Assist Trophy (Ultimate)
  • 4 Music tracks
  • Palutena's Guidance cameo

6- Bomberman
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Mii costume

7- Zero
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Mii costume
  • 2 Music tracks

8- Monster Hunter
  • Assist Trophy "Rathalos" (Ultimate)
  • Boss Battle "Rathalos" (Ultimate)
  • Advanced Support Spirit "Rathalos"
  • 2 Mii costumes

9- New Pokemon fighter
10- New Fire Emblem fighter
11- New Retro Nintendo fighter
12- New IP Nintendo fighter

DoomSlayer
Tifa
Dante
Shadow
Geno
Skull Kid
Krystal
Black Shadow
Lyn
Medusa
Lloyd
Dragonborn
Octoling
B. Waddle Dee
Knuckles
Toad
Akira
Sans
Cuphead
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Ray Mk III
Chibi-Robo

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Smash Ultimate is definitely over, but it's not over for Waluigi to join the next game.
It's highly likely we'll have a new Smash game for the next Nintendo system after Switch, maybe around 2023-2024.

It would mostly likely be an expanded version of Ultimate.
After all, Sakurai did say recently it would be impossible to top Smash Ultimate. He also said it won't be worth it to cut a substantial number of characters just to release the next game, or something along those lines.
Doing that would easily butcher the series, and alienate a lot of fans.

I think Sakurai and Nintendo will play it safe, and do Smash Ultimate Deluxe, rather than start over with a new game.
It will have extra fighters and stages, extra modes, quality of life improvements, etc.
It would be a first for the series, but I think most people will understand, it would be for the best.

Here's my prediction for the newcomers:
1- Waluigi
  • Assist Trophy (Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate)
  • Mii Headgear
  • Novice Support Spirit
  • Advanced Primary Spirit
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • 1 Music track (Waluigi Pinball)

2- Dixie Kong
  • Mii Headgear
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • 1 Music track (Stickerbush Symphony)

3- Wolf Link and Midna
  • Assist Trophy (Smash 4, Ultimate)
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • 1 Music track (Midna's Lament)

4- Isaac
  • Assist Trophy (Brawl, Smash Ultimate)
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Mii costume
  • 2 Music tracks

5- Alucard
  • Assist Trophy (Smash Ultimate)
  • 4 Music tracks
  • Palutena's Guidance cameo

6- Bomberman
  • Assist Trophy
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Mii costume

7- Zero
  • Assist Trophy
  • Ace Primary Spirit
  • Mii costume
  • 2 Music tracks

8- Monster Hunter
  • Assist Trophy (Rathalos)
  • Boss Battle (Rathalos)
  • Advanced Support Spirit (Rathalos)
  • 2 Mii costumes

9- New Pokemon fighter
10- New Fire Emblem fighter
11- New Retro Nintendo fighter
12- New IP Nintendo fighter

DoomSlayer
Tifa
Dante
Shadow
Geno
Skull Kid
Krystal
Black Shadow
Lyn
Medusa
Lloyd
Dragonborn
Octoling
B. Waddle Dee
Knuckles
Toad
Akira
Sans
Cuphead
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Ray Mk III
Chibi-Robo
Tbh I could probably see Waluigi And Some other Character from the Mario Series getting in,Considering we Usually get like Two New Mario Reps per Smash Game. Smash 64 even started out the Mario Series with Two Reps. The only Game that’s really exempt from this tho Is Brawl,Where we COULD have Seen Geno and Seen Dr.Mario’s Return,but they were Scrapped.

Whether that 2nd Character be Geno or Someone like Captain Toad..I dunno. But It’s definitely Possible.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
God I wish

Once again though, almost certainly it's over for ultimate, maybe it's a tease for the next game, but on the off-shoot chance there is 1 last surprise in store for us for dlc and that extra slot on the site means something and is not a glitch, Game Awards, 100%.

We will just have to wait and see, do not expect anything at all, so if there is something, it's a genuine shock and surprise.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
God I wish

Once again though, almost certainly it's over for ultimate, maybe it's a tease for the next game, but on the off-shoot chance there is 1 last surprise in store for us for dlc and that extra slot on the site means something and is not a glitch, Game Awards, 100%.

We will just have to wait and see, do not expect anything at all, so if there is something, it's a genuine shock and surprise.
If Nintendo notifies people on twitter to stay tune at the game awards, that might mean something. They did last year, didn’t they?

Also I don’t think it’s a glitch, as people have already discovered it’s being used in the future. We just don’t know what for.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
If Nintendo notifies people on twitter to stay tune at the game awards, that might mean something. They did last year, didn’t they?

Also I don’t think it’s a glitch, as people have already discovered it’s being used in the future. We just don’t know what for.
Yeah they did, granted, that could apply to just about anything (I'm remembering where they showed Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze at the game awards one year and that was literally it), however with the past game awards reveals for smash they did explicitly state for people to watch if I'm not mistaken while other things usually not really, so just keep an eye out in case that happens.

But yeah, just to keep everyone's expectations down to avoid disappointment if the likely thing of nothing happens, expect nothing. We can hope but expect nothing by default, since we've been told that's it.

One thing I will say, If Waluigi does happen as a bonus and it's all tied to his whole "lurking in the shadows/back/dark", it would absolutely make sense after Sora considering Kingdom Hearts' whole theme is literally Light vs Darkness, and encroaching Darkness (which I guess is also world of light's theme too)

Then again you could argue Kazuya was already the "Darkness" and Sora is the end with light, but hey

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
God I wish

Yeah, I think it could be a tease for the next Smash.
Right now Waluigi is at the top of the list for "1st party characters to join Smash".

I just hope in the meantime we get an actual Waluigi game, or a main appearance at least.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Honestly..I think It’s just purely a Coincidence,Just like everything else..The Para Leak,The Waluigi Merch before E3 Happened,Etc.

I’d LOVE For Waluigi to be a Bonus Fighter but..Smash Ultimate’s done as far as I’m concerned as Sora is the Last Fighter in FP2 and Actually Nintendo UK Posted a Tweet of the Smash Banner/Mural saying “Everyone. is. Here.” Which Imo is a Clear Indicator there’s nothing else happening with the Game.

If That URL Page DOES have something to do with Ultimate,Maybe It could just literally be an Additional Stage like the Desk from Smash 64 or a Remix of Lifelight To Celebrate The End of Smash Ultimate. I’ll be SO Surprised if they somehow Actually reveal a Bonus Fighter at TGAs This Year and It’s Actually Waluigi.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Honestly..I think It’s just purely a Coincidence,Just like everything else..The Para Leak,The Waluigi Merch before E3 Happened,Etc.

I’d LOVE For Waluigi to be a Bonus Fighter but..Smash Ultimate’s done as far as I’m concerned as Sora is the Last Fighter in FP2 and Actually Nintendo UK Posted a Tweet of the Smash Banner/Mural saying “Everyone. is. Here.” Which Imo is a Clear Indicator there’s nothing else happening with the Game.

If That URL Page DOES have something to do with Ultimate,Maybe It could just literally be an Additional Stage like the Desk from Smash 64 or a Remix of Lifelight To Celebrate The End of Smash Ultimate. I’ll be SO Surprised if they somehow Actually reveal a Bonus Fighter at TGAs This Year and It’s Actually Waluigi.
Definitely not a bonus fighter, but a Smash 6 newcomer.

Even if it's just a coincidence, I think most would agree Waluigi's chances for the next game are much higher than ever before, thanks to his deconfirmation in E3 2018, which caused a massive uproar where fans spent three years straight supporting Waluigi for Ultimate DLC.

It may not have mattered for Ultimate in the end, but it definitely matters for Smash 6, and for Waluigi's status as a video-game character overall.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't agree more with Kremling Kampaigner here.
We have Mario Kart representation through stages, music, and spirits. And you could argue Bowser Jr. also does with his side-b.

Mario Party is one of the biggest and most successful Nintendo IPs, and yet Smash treats it the same way it treats Mario vs. Donkey, or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

Now just imagine the possibilities if they correct this mistake when we do eventually get a Smash Ultimate Deluxe now that we have Mario Party Superstars, arguably the best game in the series by many.

Fighter: Waluigi

Stage: Waluigi's Island or a transforming stage going through different boards, simply titled Mario Party Board.

Music:
Mario's Rainbow Castle
Wario's Battle Canyon
Mini-game Medley
Bowser's Theme
Western Land
Pirate Land
Mystery Land
Deep Blooper Sea
Waluigi's Island
Good Luck!
Toad's Midway Madness
Full of Vigor
Heart Pumping
Lots of Toys
Serious Competition
Doom and Gloom
Blissful
Sail the Canals
Keep It Up
Proceed Without Fear
How to Play Minigames
Peach's Birthday Cake Remastered (Last 5 Turns)
Horror Land Remastered (Last 5 Turns)
Woody Woods Remastered

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't agree more with Kremling Kampaigner here.
We have Mario Kart representation through stages, music, and spirits. And you could argue Bowser Jr. also does with his side-b.

Mario Party is one of the biggest and most successful Nintendo IPs, and yet Smash treats it the same way it treats Mario vs. Donkey, or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

Now just imagine the possibilities if they correct this mistake when we do eventually get a Smash Ultimate Deluxe now that we have Mario Party Superstars, arguably the best game in the series by many.

Fighter: Waluigi

Stage: Waluigi's Island or a transforming stage going through different boards, simply titled Mario Party Board.

Music:
Mario's Rainbow Castle
Wario's Battle Canyon
Mini-game Medley
Bowser's Theme
Western Land
Pirate Land
Mystery Land
Deep Blooper Sea
Waluigi's Island
Good Luck!
Toad's Midway Madness
Full of Vigor
Heart Pumping
Lots of Toys
Serious Competition
Doom and Gloom
Blissful
Sail the Canals
Keep It Up
Proceed Without Fear
How to Play Minigames
Peach's Birthday Cake Remastered (Last 5 Turns)
Horror Land Remastered (Last 5 Turns)
Woody Woods Remastered
Okay but we need it remade in Mario party superstars so it’ll have a sleek HD look.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Okay but we need it remade in Mario party superstars so it’ll have a sleek HD look.
True. All the N64 Mario Parties’ Boards Were all 2D rather than Full-on 3D Modeled and everything like the More Modern Mario Party Titles.

Waluigi’s Island could look SO Good in Superstars if it’s a DLC Board.

Oddball

Smash Lord
And here we clearly see Waluigi in a 1950s horror comic. And he's smoking!
Later in the story he show up wearing a purple suit, but I include this page because this is where he looks the most Waluigi ish.
I just thought some people here might get a kick out of it or could use it for an avatar or something.

Waluigi in haunted horror 3.jpg

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
It’s interesting that they say ALL ELEVEN fighters. They are not even acknowledging the plant?

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
It’s interesting that they say ALL ELEVEN fighters. They are not even acknowledging the plant?
Nintendo be like “Oh yeah,Also That Plant Too.”

Baysha

Smash Ace
Wait, my thread is closing? :132:
All threads in newcomer speculation have already closed.

But on the topic of Waluigi being a bonus fighter... eh...? I'm not buying it. (as in believing in it) Even though the "lurking in the shadows" thing holds more water than the purple and yellow chairs, I kinda feel like it's just a big coincidence. And honestly, I'd rather have him get a bigger role in mainline Wario/Mario games than being a Smash fighter.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Though one thing that makes me want him in Smash more would be that it would be the final blow against the last rule for characters. (Besides the one about having to originate from a video game)

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Though one thing that makes me want him in Smash more would be that it would be the final blow against the last rule for characters. (Besides the one about having to originate from a video game)
Well to be FAIR..If We’re talkin’ about Waluigi getting added to a NEW Smash Game..Then That won’t really be anything new,Little Mac got Upgraded from Brawl to Smash Wii U and 3DS. Same thing with Isabelle and Dark Samus.
So Waluigi getting Upgraded to Fighter Status in Smash 6 wouldn’t really be anything different.

Other than the OFFICIAL Rule that you need to be a Video Game Originated Character,The only other Rule is that Assist Trophies can’t be Upgraded in the Same Game/Can’t be DLC. And I have a Feeling that THAT of all the “Rules” Smash Fans have Conjured up throughout the Years will Hold Truth.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
New trailer is out for the Wario vs Waluigi tour!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Watch Team Wario somehow Win and Team Rally be Rigged Regardless of How High Team Waluigi scores LOL

Also,I CANNOT Believe I predicted Those Nose n’ Stache Gliders L M A O

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
So what do you think of the news about that Mario strikers? I’m stoked about it

More Waluigi is always good! Also I hope we get Waluigi pinball in Mario kart 8 deluxe.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
So what do you think of the news about that Mario strikers? I’m stoked about it

More Waluigi is always good! Also I hope we get Waluigi pinball in Mario kart 8 deluxe.
Dude,I’m SO Happy a New Strikers Game was announced.

Hopefully we’ll be able to see the Infamous Waluigi Crotch Chop in Glorious 1080p HD Quality Soon!

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
I am cautiously optimistic about mario strikers. I can trust next level games because unlike nintendo and camelot, they know how to give emotions to mario characters but the new strikers game looks like very toned down compared to the previous one and if anything, it will probably be closer to the gamecube game than the wii game which isn't a bad thing. Unfortuntaely you're gonna have to say goodbye to the waluigi crotch chop and all the crude humor that made the series so popular, there is no chance of it coming back because of how strict nintendo is these days.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I am cautiously optimistic about mario strikers. I can trust next level games because unlike nintendo and camelot, they know how to give emotions to mario characters but the new strikers game looks like very toned down compared to the previous one and if anything, it will probably be closer to the gamecube game than the wii game which isn't a bad thing. Unfortuntaely you're gonna have to say goodbye to the waluigi crotch chop and all the crude humor that made the series so popular, there is no chance of it coming back because of how strict nintendo is these days.
Yeah I’m not confident that Waluigi’s vulgarity will be present. I’ll be surprised if it does come back though.

Quillion

Smash Hero
You know what? I hope Waluigi never gets his own game. Being "Mr. Spin-off" is a core part of Waluigi's appeal to me, come to think of it.

In line with that, I think Waluigi staying an Assist Trophy is the best way to represent him being THE spin-off character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, I really hate the whole "Waluigi's spin-off should be a wacky crossover with a meta-plotline about Waluigi being underutilised!" idea - comes off to me like a lazy excuse for not creating an all-original, fun world for Waluigi to explore like with Wario; DK; and Yoshi before. That goes for megs-crossovers in general as anything that isn't a multiplayer/sports game honestly.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I hope Waluigi never gets his own game. Being "Mr. Spin-off" is a core part of Waluigi's appeal to me, come to think of it.

In line with that, I think Waluigi staying an Assist Trophy is the best way to represent him being THE spin-off character.
That is not apart of his appeal. Go away hater! He’ll be playable in smash, Nintendo can’t ignore us forever and we’ll make sure of it!

Top Bottom